Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,351 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by El_duderino
CPDAggie10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Am I the only one that feels like shorting GME right now?
J_Landes89
AG
yes
BayAg_14
The IV is so high on the put options that it really isn't worth it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
CPDAggie10 said:

If you wanted to go that route I'd suggest buying puts or butterflies - something that limits downside to a finite value. These reddit guys are blowing up bear accounts with GME. I wouldn't want to risk bankruptcy on trying to make a quick buck.
McInnis 03
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

If you do this, the only way to make this worth it is with spreads or other strategies that use both sides of the options (long and short) because the IV is PREPOSTEROUS. Be ready to lose every dollar you put in. But, this thing could easily Kodak itself.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Aggie118
AG
For those looking to get into SYN, what is y'all's buy in point? Thanks!
Mr President Elect
AG
Went with the 1/22 AMC calls. Can't complain as it was like a 4x play, but kind of small potatoes. Do you think FOMO'ing into your guys' leaps would be a mistake?
La Bamba
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

GME is straight running trash. That being said, I would wait for the backside (once it really starts the fail). Look at TLRY chart back in 2018. Trust me when its time to sell everyone will know it and it will go down....alot. No reason to find the top.
La Bamba
AG
Max weekly expiration is $115. If the chart gets close to this again could have another gamma squeeze.RE: GME
Mr President Elect
AG
McInnis 03 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

If you do this, the only way to make this worth it is with spreads or other strategies that use both sides of the options (long and short) because the IV is PREPOSTEROUS. Be ready to lose every dollar you put in. But, this thing could easily Kodak itself.
buy an iron condor? Doubtful this thing just sits there.
CPDAggie10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

Oh I know it would be a gamble play with money that I'm likely to never see again. Like you said, this just smells of Kodak and Hertz to me.
ag94whoop
AG
FML I wasn't able to trade much Thursday and Friday and missed buy in on expr, bb, and others.

Poppa needs something good to buy today
Jockbrock
I was very, very early on in my knowledge of the stock market at the dot com bubble so take my experience with a grain of salt. I remember that it seemed like everyone in the Corps dorm was trading stocks. That was my first exposure to trading and to see a guy bragging about making $1000 off of a $100 (or less) trade blew me away. The pervasiveness of people trading who had no clue of what they were doing was incredible!
McInnis 03
AG
Mr President Elect said:

McInnis 03 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

Iron condors are strategies to use when you forsee a lack of movement, that's not what I'd do here.

Depending on value, I'd be looking at selling call spreads that are OTM. Buying put butterflies that are WAY OTM. Then maybe buying put spreads that are OTM. With the IV going as nutty as it is, I think the best way is to sell call spreads weay OTM, but that could backfire pretty quick, not sure how much more room this has to go.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
cjo03
AG
Jockbrock said:

I was very, very early on in my knowledge of the stock market at the dot com bubble so take my experience with a grain of salt. I remember that it seemed like everyone in the Corps dorm was trading stocks. That was my first exposure to trading and to see a guy bragging about making $1000 off of a $100 (or less) trade blew me away. The pervasiveness of people trading who had no clue of what they were doing was incredible!

I can hear you talking about me.
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
tam2002
AG
SYN still a good buy at 1.01?
Ags2013
AG
$PHUN looing good premarket... of course everything is
KT 90
AG
tam2002 said:

this is what I have in notes from OA:

@oldarmy1 Getting there. That $1 area resistance gets broken and $SYN will reclaim that initial
explosion move above $1.60. I'd rather it trend into it versus spike or shorts will use it as leverage
like last time. At any rate I like it for a long trade. Didn't go MA on it but decent #'s

Mr President Elect
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Mr President Elect said:

McInnis 03 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

Iron condors are strategies to use when you forsee a lack of movement, that's not what I'd do here.

Depending on value, I'd be looking at selling call spreads that are OTM. Buying put butterflies that are WAY OTM. Then maybe buying put spreads that are OTM. With the IV going as nutty as it is, I think the best way is to sell call spreads weay OTM, but that could backfire pretty quick, not sure how much more room this has to go.
I only hear iron condors referenced as far as selling them, but if I buy one, wouldn't that be capturing volatility (ie buy $120 call, sell $140 call, buy $40 put, sell $20 put (just using those numbers as an example and not the actual strikes)).
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I would do it ATM
McInnis 03
AG
Mr President Elect said:

McInnis 03 said:

Mr President Elect said:

McInnis 03 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

I only hear iron condors referenced as far as selling them, but if I buy one, wouldn't that be capturing volatility (ie buy $120 call, sell $140 call, buy $40 put, sell $20 put (just using those numbers as an example and not the actual strikes)).
Good cal, didn't even consider buying one. May be really pricey, but would likely pay.

B&I Key:
ProgN
KT 90 said:

tam2002 said:

this is what I have in notes from OA:

@oldarmy1 Getting there. That $1 area resistance gets broken and $SYN will reclaim that initial
explosion move above $1.60. I'd rather it trend into it versus spike or shorts will use it as leverage
like last time. At any rate I like it for a long trade. Didn't go MA on it but decent #'s

I bet some people here take notes of OA posts better than they took notes while at A&M.
McInnis 03
AG
Okie dokie, net free on EXPR calls.

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have FOMO today from some of these moves. Not chasing. Congrats to you all.
FJ43
$CLOV off to the races.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

0708aggie
AG
Merrill Down again
fightintxag13
AG
PLTR!!!!!!
FbgTxAg
AG
Good Morning, CLOV!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I have FOMO today from some of these moves. Not chasing. Congrats to you all.
Same. Just didn't have the dry powder available when this went down.
irish pete ag06
AG
EXPR!!! Massive gap up to $4 at the open.
Charlie Conway
schwab is super laggie this morning
YNWA_AG
AG
fightintxag13 said:

PLTR!!!!!!

Guess selling my net free pltr calls at close was a bad idea
Post removed:
by user
tremble
AG
etrade unable to log in
First Page Last Page
Page 2879 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.