Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,079,965 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh, no doubt. That's why I hedge, but I don't think most of this board understands how much tougher it is to make consistent gains in a bear market, especially in a bear market after a 10 year bull run.

I traded a bit in college during the middle of an extended bear season (2000-2003).... it was much tougher back then as there was no mobile trading.... now, I was much more inebriated back then, but it's just a different animal if you are a novice.
Beerosch
AG
What kind of SPY or SPXS hedges are y'all in?
FJ43
Beerosch said:

What kind of SPY or SPXS hedges are y'all in?

In place further out for me now I've got April SPXS $5 calls. I picked up shares of UVXY last week and will be looking at a June UVXY vertical call spread probably this week unless someone tells me I've lost it. UVXY is normally a shorter range hedge. May be better pathway for longer date range hedges but have those in place now. Needed some I don't need to babysit and are in place.

I'll look to add short term as we go from week to week.

30k listed a few a few pages back he likes and are his favorites.

Edit: SPXU is a share 30k has in place.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Post removed:
by user
FJ43
third coast.. said:

I am interested in these hedges. Wqtching closely

The UVXY shares are basically at a low right now. Market takes a dump and those should fare well. Didn't check Friday close on them but probably low $10s a share.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

backintexas2013
AG
Would love to see SDC and BIGC run.
oldarmy1
AG
FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

BPCAg05 said:

Any update on your thoughts on the CLOV Feb 19 $17.50c?
I know you asked OA, but I'm in this same exact call, added more last week. It sounds like we get big news well before then and it moon shots. There's a trader that I follow too that thinks CLOV is a $100 stock (waiting to be discovered).
I'm in Feb calls, last week began adding shares and selling both Feb and Mar puts. Plan to add more shares this week on any dips. Lots of people chattering about this one not to mention ARK buying it up. Think this one will go here before long.

FWIW ranked #1 on weekend movers being discussed via Captain Solutions tracking from the update email I just got.
Love it. Hope that $100 call is correct. I'll trade it like we didn CHNG when it was seeking it's bottom.

Here's my current setup:

150 Feb 19 $17.50 calls Avg $0.57 (-8550)
200 March 19 $12.50 naked puts Avg $1.96 (+39200)
5k shares Avg $13.21(-$66050)

Plan:
Sell 50 calls at $1.50 ($4650) 50 calls at $2 (7150) and 50 (12150) calls at $3 = 23950
Naked Puts hold to expiration = $39200
Hold all 5000 shares long with average net holding price Net $1.72/share (Almost net free with 100% shares held)
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

BPCAg05 said:

Any update on your thoughts on the CLOV Feb 19 $17.50c?
I know you asked OA, but I'm in this same exact call, added more last week. It sounds like we get big news well before then and it moon shots. There's a trader that I follow too that thinks CLOV is a $100 stock (waiting to be discovered).
I'm in Feb calls, last week began adding shares and selling both Feb and Mar puts. Plan to add more shares this week on any dips. Lots of people chattering about this one not to mention ARK buying it up. Think this one will go here before long.

FWIW ranked #1 on weekend movers being discussed via Captain Solutions tracking from the update email I just got.
Love it. Hope that $100 call is correct. I'll trade it like we didn CHNG when it was seeking it's bottom.

Here's my current setup:

150 Feb 19 $17.50 calls Avg $0.57 (-8550)
200 March 19 $12.50 naked puts Avg $1.96 (+39200)
5k shares Avg $13.21(-$66050)

Plan:
Sell 50 calls at $1.50 ($4650) 50 calls at $2 (7150) and 50 (12150) calls at $3 = 23950
Naked Puts hold to expiration = $39200
Hold all 5000 shares long with average net holding price
Net $1.72/share (Almost net free with 100% shares held)

Now that's a blueprint. Geez I have to up my game for sure.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I must have missed BFT. What's the play here?
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Feb 20c

I'm averaged at $1.45

oldarmy1
AG

Feb 19 $20 calls but entry was $1.25 and they closed at $1.55 and we're only looking for $2.20, although if futures hold we might be selling into an opening surge above that level. Lot of buzz starting to come out on it and if it really moves I would probably call out 25% of the shares and bank the rest to lower the entry price.
CPDAggie10
AG
FJ43 said:

third coast.. said:

I am interested in these hedges. Wqtching closely

The UVXY shares are basically at a low right now. Market takes a dump and those should fare well. Didn't check Friday close on them but probably low $10s a share.
I entered UVXY shares on Friday around $10.10....I agree with the comments here that I we are due for a healthy correction...but who knows when. Also in the March SPY puts.

Tread carefully.
Biden speaks on climate change Wednesday (EV) and healthcare Thursday (CLOV)

Be aware.
Coachbro20
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Be aware.

Are you expecting the talks on Wed & Thurs to be positive or negative for EV and CLOV?
KT 90
AG
Coachbro20 said:

Be aware.

Are you expecting the talks on Wed & Thurs to be positive or negative for EV and CLOV?

And GOCO? Is the Biden Administration going to be a positive or a negative for GOCO moving forward?
khaos288
AG
Coachbro20 said:

Be aware.

I think OA mentioned clov as a positive correlation with Bidens plans
Yes, that is my expectation. And I expect EV to be a part of Biden's talking points.
TxAG#2011
McInnis 03 said:

The first stock on this list... AB. Chart looks really good
Coachbro20

Yes, that is my expectation. And I expect EV to be a part of Biden's talking points.

Which EV stock would you guys recommend jumping in, if I'm not already in EV's?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Feb 19 $20 calls but entry was $1.25 and they closed at $1.55 and we're only looking for $2.20, although if futures hold we might be selling into an opening surge above that level. Lot of buzz starting to come out on it and if it really moves I would probably call out 25% of the shares and bank the rest to lower the entry price.

Thank you. I'll have to see what it is in the morning. Sometimes, you just miss good plays, unfortunately.
gig em 02
BB at 19!
AMC at 4.18!
EXPRESS at 2.71!

Prepare the mouth kisses!
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
gig em 02
GME with that life changing move if I had bought leaps a month ago like I wanted to
FJ43
Morning ladies and gentlemen. I love Monday mornings especially when things are green on the ol' dashboard.

McInnis 03
AG
gig em 02 said:

GME with that life changing move if I had bought leaps a month ago like I wanted to

Omg $100+
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
gig em 02 said:

BB at 19!
AMC at 4.18!
EXPRESS at 2.71!

Prepare the mouth kisses!

I may need to bust out the chapstick
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
This is ****ing nuts.
FJ43
third coast.. said:

So half this thread is sitting on PLTR Feb 5 $30C. What's the thought process on selling those here? I also know a lot of people are net free. This is new territory for me.
Just me but would be trimming a bunch if not net free into any opening surge/push at the peak. Demo day is tomorrow and wouldn't chance great gains. Keep some for continuation and further upside.

FJ43
$EXPR - was going to try and poach some here early premarket at the M-T but that train may have left the station. In the $2.80s now and would have to come back a bunch. Maybe a flash at open but not chasing this.

Probably go to the moon and I will have to watch y'all ride it up.

Post removed:
by user
Rice and Fries
FJ43 said:

third coast.. said:

So half this thread is sitting on PLTR Feb 5 $30C. What's the thought process on selling those here? I also know a lot of people are net free. This is new territory for me.
Just me but would be trimming a bunch if not net free into any opening surge/push at the peak. Demo day is tomorrow and wouldn't chance great gains. Keep some for continuation and further upside.

Same. I'm gonna sell 50% of my remaining net free, probably the other 50% too on Demo day. I own lots of shares too so I'm riding either way.
ffolly
AG
I sold my FUBO calls on Friday... you're welcome
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
First Page Last Page
Page 2876 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.