Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,080,295 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
txaggie_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AMZN

Where do we see this thing going ahead of earnings? I will have some money to invest early next week, and thinking about throwing a large chunk at AMZN leading up to Q4 Earnings.
leoj
AG
Beerosch
AG
Are a lot of y'all in $PLTR long? I've seen the options OA has mentioned.
Dan Scott
AG
Saw the excitement over EGOC and surprised to see it's a penny stock. I did some research and it's a shell company, meaning it has nothing. It's kinda like a SPAC.

There is a private investor named David Lazaar, not the Area 51 guy. He essentially is known to take custody of shell companies like EGOC and do a reverse merger with a legitimate company. I'm guessing it's cheaper and faster for the private company to merge with a shell because of the share structure already in place.

On February 1 there is a custody hearing to see if David Lazaar is granted control of EGOC. That I'm guessing is the reason for the recent pump. Afterwards, Lazaar can do a reverse merger with a legitimate company.

Lazaar has done a few of these and penny stock investors like to follow him.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I escaped Tesla for a scratch. Whew. I was staring a $60K loss down the barrel.
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
Beerosch said:

I'm just in the 2/5 $30c
sts7049
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Hope you penny guys held your Ozop. OZSC on the move.

I sold all of mine @ a nickel.
i'm still in with all of mine
FJ43
Beerosch said:

Feb 30c for me only.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

I bleed maroon
AG
Ft.Worth_Ag said:

Beerosch said:

I'm just in the 2/5 $30c
In since September at $9.50.

I have covered calls (March 30s) on half my shares. I also hold some protective puts from after the first runup that will expire worthless.
BayAg_14
GME is incredible. Guess I should have gotten in on the meme.
Mr President Elect
AG
You'd have to find OA's original post here about it, but essentially it is a Biden administration play. Something about them getting some contracts through connections or whatever.
McKinney Ag69
AG

Engine10
AG
Beerosch said:

Net free shares from direct listing! No plans to give them up either
McInnis 03
AG
I'm in GME net free.

5 shares. LOL
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Engine10
AG
$SDC lookin good off that 200dma flash under from earlier.
khaos288
AG
just sold WWR covered calls for 1.2 10C for March 19.

only sold for 60% of holdings in case it takes off.
AgEE10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm in GME net free.

5 shares. LOL
wish I had bought 2 40C for april instead of 1 lol.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Nagler
AG
What are we expecting out of MGNI?

I've still got quite a few net free shares, wondering if I shouldn't peel a few off?
backintexas2013
AG
GILD with a great reversal. Let's see if it can moonshot.
2percent
AG
i may need to self evaluate. The market this month has me doing things i usually don't do.

Hold more than 5 positions.
Have 95% of my portfolio in active stocks.
Make money on a Friday. (it rained so couldn't play golf)

KT 90
AG
Nagler said:

What are we expecting out of MGNI?

I've still got quite a few net free shares, wondering if I shouldn't peel a few off?

I did. Seems to be hitting resistance each time it hits $40, and it retreats back. Trimmed a few right at 40 to help me enter some other trades. Still have some MGNI left, but using for cc's.
KT 90
AG
2percent said:

i may need to self evaluate. The market this month has me doing things i usually don't do.

Too many positions is getting to be an issue for me as well. Need to evaluate over the weekend, but too many promising type positions at the moment and getting stretched too thin. I need to be more selective and pick and choose.

irish pete ag06
AG
KT 90 said:

2percent said:

Too many positions is getting to be an issue for me as well. Need to evaluate over the weekend, but too many promising type positions at the moment and getting stretched too thin. I need to be more selective and pick and choose.

You can have too many positions? I have 24 and I'm a minnow.

Also, edit to say, I am actively trimming as we speak and have been over the last week or so.
59 South
AG
Trading acct:

6 stocks (3 of which I'm holding long and not trading, other 3 in semi-active accumulation trades)
1 open option trade

YTD RoR = 23.0%

Overtrading is bad.
oldarmy1
AG
KT 90 said:

2percent said:

evaluate now. Today is pressing up and a lot of trades working to our favor but this entire move has been below yesterday close. I always get a little thinner and/or hedged on days like this near all time highs. I bought a SPY $385 call out to Wednesday on early action not showing any volume selling and just paired that with a Monday lower cost $382 Put
cjo03
AG
Re: topic of many positions.

Compliments of this thread I accumulated a couple dozen net free positions in 2020.

Some small, some big, some I don't even remember the name of the company associated with the ticker...

What strategies are out there for organizing the set it and forget it holds?
McInnis 03
AG
My positions take up more room than the dead sea scrolls. I'm terrible about that.

Anyways, came here to say that I took a position in GSX earlier this week by way of 70/75 call spreads for next Friday......they were OTM at the time, now it's at $86. Not even sure WTF is going on here but could bare watching. Gap fill is like at $98
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Betoisafurry
59 South said:

Trading acct:

6 stocks (3 of which I'm holding long and not trading, other 3 in semi-active accumulation trades)
1 open option trade

YTD RoR = 23.0%

Overtrading is bad.
This, when I started making consistent profits is when I focused on 2-3 active trades max. I'm talking about 1-2 month out options or less.

I have hedges, leaps, and shares in 5-6 other plays. I really got burned this summer when I started trying to follow everything and everyone.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
There is no way my December and January can keep on repeating, but I said that about April/May last year and it did.

I'll say this, if I just gain (% wise) half of what I've done in December and January, I will be retiring late 2021.
fightintxag13
AG
How are we feeling about COTY since it broke the lower trend line today? So far the 50 ema has held.

Edit: I'm only in shares. I got out of the calls last week.
bbqAg09
AG
First time posting in this magnificent thread. Can't wait for OA's seminar next week. Thanks to OA, $NIO has made my wife and me life changing money. I'm now getting more and more comfortable with options and have followed direction on $MBIO and $WWR. Thanks to all of you for allowing this lurker to learn more useful information in this thread than I did in four years of college.

Also have to admit that I have a propensity to gamble a little bit and bough 300 shares of $GME at $42.99 this morning. I've set a 25% trailing stop so now just going to see how crazy this gets.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

My positions take up more room than the dead sea scrolls.
gougler08
AG
Ok so dumb Roth IRA question...for whatever reason I hadn't set one up until today and I'm using sidelined cash from my taxable account to go ahead and fund it. There's no harm in contributing the 2020 and 2021 max today right?
fightintxag13
AG
No harm in that at all.
First Page Last Page
Page 2861 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.