Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,484 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
Ags2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DubFalls said:

Fidelity won't let me buy EOGC

But 3 out of my 4 TexAgs stocks are up! CIDM, WWR, and PLTR. FUBO could be better.
Why won't it allow you to buy?
BrokeAssAggie
Charlie Kelley said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Cloud said:

Are you sure you have enough shares to cover the number of contracts? (contracts X 100)

Yep, I have 800 shares. I even tried 1 contract and got the same message. If I select margin it will let me execute the trade.

If your shares are held in margin, you have to select margin in the drop down. You're still selling against those held shares, it's just because they are held as margin. That's been my experience with fidelity, I would call to confirm though just to give you peace of mind.

I called and thats the isssue. I hate how it defaults to margin. I guess I purchased the shares under margin.

Thanks for yalls help!
FJ43
Thundergon said:

Here is what Elite thinks:

Well that was quick. Some volume comin in to move it from $13.50 to $14.10 $14.28
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Think I am going to buy 100 shares of $CIDM for $1.00 just so we can say that was a high. This $0.9990 is stupid.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
WWR at 6.30 right this second.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Now I'm regretting my WWR trims.
jwhitlock3
CrazyRichAggie said:

htown12 said:

You shouldnt need margin if you're selling covered calls because you own the shares. Worst case it hits the strike and they'll get called away from you.

If you're selling naked puts though there will be an option collateral needed and yes I tend to use margin on those.
That's what I thought but in Fidelity I choose "Sell to Open" and I get the following trade error message "Your order will leave your account with uncovered option position in cash."
You're getting this because your shares position isn't matching your call position. If you have a margin account Fidelity will "journal" your shares to be margin so you can use the shares you own as margin collateral. I don't use margin, but all my shares I own start off as cash and then Fidelity automatically changes them within 2-3 days.

For me, I was assigned shares on Friday with some puts I sold, and those shares haven't been "journalized" and switched over to margin so they were still cash so I had to sell those calls as "cash". For the shares I had already purchased that were considered margin, those calls had to be sold under margin. By the end of the week Fidelity will have it all moved to "margin".

That's how I understand it anyways, someone correct me if I'm off there.
ClutchCityAg
Net free on CIDM!!
Let it ride
Ags2013
AG
I'm having a great day with WWR. Can't imagine how some of ya'll are feeling having AMC, CIDM AND WWR
Engine10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

WWR at 6.30 right this second.

Break through $6.50 ish and we got green grass to $7 yeah?
WoMD
What's the play with CIDM? There a target there?
wanderer
Ags2013 said:

I'm having a great day with WWR. Can't imagine how some of ya'll are feeling having AMC, CIDM AND WWR
You forgot about MGNI & MBIO
Ags2013
AG
Haha! I have a small position in MBIO!
FbgTxAg
AG
Ags2013 said:

WWR, PLUG, BLDP, TELL, ISR, & AMC = 95% of my portfolio.

It's a good day tater.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Ornithopter
AG
Ags2013 said:

DubFalls said:

But 3 out of my 4 TexAgs stocks are up! CIDM, WWR, and PLTR. FUBO could be better.

It says "Opening transactions for Pink Sheets (without information) are not permitting because of the risks...'
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Anyone have a thought n $CLOV?
selling CC's on it, but eventually the SP will double. If it drops to the 12's I'll probably double my holding of it (small position currently).

this is another SPAC like PIC was before XL. I think those bullish on it expect that type of move too.
cptthunder
DubFalls said:

Ags2013 said:

DubFalls said:

It says "Opening transactions for Pink Sheets (without information) are not permitting because of the risks...'
You should be able to call them and get penny stock approval...
BrokeAssAggie
Now that I figured out my issue it's probably too late to get those 3/19 $7.50 CC in place. Currently sitting at $1.36
Brewmaster
AG
WWR:

Atlas boys talking about $7.25 to 7.50 (on this run!)
Mr President Elect
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Now that I figured out my issue it's probably too late to get those 3/19 $7.50 CC in place. Currently sitting at $1.36
Why? You are selling them. That is better than what most sold for this morning.
Ornithopter
AG
cptthunder said:

DubFalls said:

Ags2013 said:

DubFalls said:

You should be able to call them and get penny stock approval...

I have penny stock approval, but it doesn't seem to be allowed for this specific stock. I think you are right though, I'll call.
gigemJTH12
AG
BREwmaster said:

WWR:

if true, the $5 entry has probably left the station for good!
BrokeAssAggie
Mr President Elect said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Why? You are selling them? That is better than what most sold for this morning.
ok, guess I still don't fully grasp covered call. So you want a higher purchase price when you open to sell them because we are hedging for when the stock price drops, is that correct?
Mr President Elect
AG
wanderer said:

You forgot about MGNI & MBIO
MBIO up nearly 6% on the day and the March calls are down.
cptthunder
Mr President Elect said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Why? You are selling them. That is better than what most sold for this morning.
Shoot you can get the Feb $10CCs for what people were selling the $7.50 this morning
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

selling CC's on it, but eventually the SP will double. If it drops to the 12's I'll probably double my holding of it (small position currently).

this is another SPAC like PIC was before XL. I think those bullish on it expect that type of move too.
I have an options play on the board but wondering about a share entry. Been nervous with these SPACs honestly.

YNWA_AG
AG
BREwmaster said:

WWR:

2/19 7.5 cc won't like that
CPDAggie10
AG
BREwmaster said:

WWR:

You seeing this on twitter? What is their handle?
Mr President Elect
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Mr President Elect said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ok, guess I still don't fully grasp covered call. So you want a higher purchase price when you open to sell them because we are hedging for when the stock price drops, is that correct?
You want a higher "sell" price. You sell to open and then buy back later or let expire worthless.
BrokeAssAggie
Mr President Elect said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Mr President Elect said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

You want a higher "sell" price. You sell to open and then buy back later or let expire worthless.
Thanks, I am a little slow.
McInnis 03
AG
Just realized I got blocked by one of my favorite follows and now my day is bummed.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

I have an options play on the board but wondering about a share entry. Been nervous with these SPACs honestly.
I've trimmed my spacs to CLOV and nothing else. Most of them have quieted down, but it looks like CLOV is waking up. Some big volume coming in. Yeah I have a 17.50C for feb, just 1.
AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Just realized I got blocked by one of my favorite follows and now my day is bummed.
What did you do?
McInnis 03
AG
AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

What did you do?
Literally have no clue and can't find out.
0708aggie
AG
who was it
First Page Last Page
Page 2822 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.