Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,012,849 Views | 231615 Replies | Last: 39 min ago by valvemonkey91
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
59 South said:

khaos288 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am trying to diamond hands PLTR
We need a support group.
I don't find it too hard with a +50% cushion given the upside potential.
agreed. I set stops to just above B/E.
59 South
AG
FJ43 said:

Chances $WWR gets pinned at or below $5 today?
Who knows, I don't care either way tbh and I really won't care come 9pm!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
for WWR - I am intending to buy the puts back at the end of the day, use the premium to buy more shares, sell ccs against those, and then sell more puts.
fightintxag13
AG
WWR - I've got $5 puts expiring today that I sold for $.42, so I'm good either way. Either I'm getting a lot of shares today for $4.58 or the few shares that I own in my tax account (shorter time frame of use for that money) are net free.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Selling the Feb 7.5?
ClutchCityAg
Lots of call volume on CCIV today, Lucid Motors is expected to make an announcement of some kind
Let it ride
FJ43
$COTY
I added Bollinger to this for those that use it.
Baby Blue is Bollinger Top/Bottom
Red = 200 DAY EMA
Blue = 50 Day EMA
Yellow = 21 Day EMA
Green = 8 Day EMA

It is also riding the ATR mean.

Is this thing tight?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Lots of call volume on CCIV today, Lucid Motors is expected to make an announcement of some kind
THe fomo will be real.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
OutlawAG04
Yes, this is related to WWR but you can apply the same mindset to others. I just started posting on here recently so I'm still a little new at this. How do you reply where you actually get the previous post's whole comment in the reply you create?
mc_shipman
If I sell a put at $5, I get the premium, and then if I get assigned I buy the shares for $5?
aggies4life
AG
OutlawAG04 said:

Yes, this is related to WWR but you can apply the same mindset to others. I just started posting on here RE toy so I'm still a little new at this. How do you reply where you actually get the previous post's whole comment in the reply you create?

Just touch > "
McKinney Ag69
AG

Volume steadily increasing on AMC. Already passed yesterday's total volume of 49M. Looks like they are avoiding bankruptcy and expecting moviegoers by June at the latest with everything opening up

. Several big movies like Top Gun and James Bond on the horizon. James Bond scheduled for April 2nd release date, but we'll see if they push that back. I'd like us all to make money on this if possible. I set a stop loss of 1.95, so it's fairly low risk and high reward trade.

Edit: 83M now at 11:58am
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Selling the Feb 7.5?
I am already in those for my existing shares and I will drive those to zero. March for anything new.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Do y'all use the premium to buy more shares or do y'all put that cash into other stocks to diversify? I have tended to just plug it back into the stock but I guess it depends on if you are trying to accumulate (WWR) or if you think you have enough and want to move risk over?
FJ43
Challenger 17 said:

Volume steadily increasing on AMC. Already passed yesterday's total volume of 49M. Looks like they are avoiding bankruptcy and expecting moviegoers by June at the latest with everything opening up

. Several big movies like Top Gun and James Bond on the horizon. James Bond scheduled for April 2nd release date, but we'll see if they push that back. I'd like us all to make money on this if possible. I set a stop loss of 1.95, so it's fairly low risk and high reward trade.

Edit: 60M now.
My March $4c just sent nicely green. Needs $2.35ish
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

thirdcoast
AG
backintexas2013
AG
GILD trying to make another push. Let's break through $63.50
ClutchCityAg
AMC spike!
Let it ride
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Yes. Typically, the amount to cover the put(s) is held by your brokerage -- essentially tied up through opex.
Bird Poo
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

AMC spike!
Good thing I got in those 2023 leaps for 1.55. Thanks OA!
oldarmy1
AG
Appreciate the eyeball alert for AMC. LEAPS up good already. Heck, if it really gets going we could be net free day 1 on a 2023 LEAP!!!
FJ43
ClutchCityAg said:

AMC spike!
A bunch of 1.5M+ shares on the 1 Min

gougler08
AG
TELL going nuts
cgh1999
AG
gougler08 said:

TELL going nuts

Just came to post this. Have about 10,000 shares net free. This isn't an unwelcome move.
Cartographer
Question for hedging purchases:

I am looking into Mar/Apr QQQ and SPY puts.

Thinking 280 is a good risk/reward for QQQ.

Thinking 345 for SPY.

Or would you go something like calls on an SPXS or SQQQ instead?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
cgh1999 said:

gougler08 said:

TELL going nuts

Just came to post this. Have about 10,000 shares net free. This isn't an unwelcome move.
Reuters) - The co-founder of U.S. LNG developer Tellurian said Thursday that the company is targeting this summer to begin construction of its $16.8 billion Driftwood LNG export project in Louisiana as demand for the super-cooled fuel surges worldwide.
"I hope that we will be in construction this summer," said Charif Souki, co-founder and executive chairman of Tellurian. "There is a strong need for additional liquefaction capacity and we're probably the project that is the closest to starting construction."

Demand for liquefied natural gas has soared in recent years as countries like China and India shift power generation away from dirtier coal-fired plants. In recent weeks, both prices for the fuel and shipping fees have soared due to cold weather in Asia and bottlenecked shipments at the Panama Canal.
"The level of (customer) interest has increased pretty dramatically over the past month," Souki said.
Over the past two years, numerous projects slated for groundbreaking in North America, including Driftwood, were delayed because customers were unwilling to sign long-term deals needed to finance the projects as natural gas prices slumped.
Coronavirus demand destruction caused gas prices in Europe and Asia to plunge to record lows below $2 per million British thermal units (mmBtu), while U.S. gas prices fell to their lowest in 24 years last year.
"The system is stressed," Souki said, adding that global LNG demand is on track to increase by around 200 million tonnes over the next seven years. In 2020, global LNG demand hit a record high of 360 million tonnes.
The first phase of Driftwood is slated for operation in 2025, and will produce about 16.5 million tonnes per annum of LNG, equivalent to about 2.2 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas. One billion cubic feet of gas is enough to supply about five million homes for a day.
CheladaAg
AG
CCIV halted on a 2MM on 1 min selloff
Running with the Bulls
$WWR

Curiosity question since it may come into play today...

If WWR finishes at $5 on the nose, do the calls or puts get exercised?
MasonRamsay
I know we all have our personal issues with FB.... but I will be taking a position.

Reasons:
- Great RS during that sell off this morning (institutions not allowing it to dip any further)
- Currently forming a bullish inside day off the 200sma bounce yesterday
- Weekly squeeze
- Earnings 1/27

Calls are expensive but I like it enough to dabble with a 265 call out to Jan 29th. Cost basis of about $6
FJ43
$PHUN - Be watching if this is the intraday bottom for a M-T reversal. If so I think a good entry if you are not in it considering the volume that came in.

oldarmy1
AG
Running with the Bulls said:

$WWR

Curiosity question since it may come into play today...

If WWR finishes at $5 on the nose, do the calls or puts get exercised?
Depends on who is holding them
Mr President Elect
AG
I see you ONTX... and I approve
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Nasty looking day for me. I've been working to roll CC today to take advantage and reposition. $MVIS I've rolled up and out; $FUBO I rolled out a week and used the credit to buy some back; and $MARA rolled in and down a bit and bought one CC back.

I also bought half of the $COTY 1/29 calls that I sold Monday for double today's price. I'm still officially net free there, so I'm fine loading on more risk in hopes of selling on another run.

I also sold more $WWR 2/19 $5 puts today for $1.
J_Landes89
AG
I want to either add a bunch to MVIS feb calls or PLTR feb calls...

If you had to choose either or, which one looks primed right now?

Currently in: PLTR feb 5 $28 calls and MVIS feb 19 $7 calls.

Want to load one of those way up.
ClutchCityAg
I am sticking to shares on MVIS
Let it ride
First Page Last Page
Page 2803 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.