Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,020,346 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClutchCityAg said:

Anyone else put almost all their PLTR profits into more WWR shares? the timing was too perfect!
Amen. I for sure added $WWR in the $4.70s. I will use them several ways like 50 described this morning.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Still getting 20c for wwr puts expiring today. Seems too easy so they will probably announce a hudge offering after 4.99 close and we all get loaded up with shares. Whatever, I'm gonna hold on tight and see where this takes me
oldarmy1
AG
Betoisafurry
$CCIV halted
FJ43
$XL - Didn't stop out. Maybe I am missing something but I just sold Feb $35 covered calls for $0.90. So get called away for almost $36 in a month for a $21 share price cost basis? Ok...
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

oldarmy1
AG
MVIS wants to recapture its breakout. Markets sent most breakouts scurrying for cover. Good opportunity for new entries and sit on them without covered calls to see if markets break upward on this current bull/bear battle. If macro's move higher you can just hold shares and pick a much better premium entry on covered calls for 50%. If we lose the lows then drop to $9 vs $10 May calls for risk management.
Aggies1322
AG
What would be the downside to selling Aug WWR $5 naked puts for $2.25? I don't know much about how selling puts works, but that feels like a no-brainer.

Any explanation would be helpful.
gig em 02
BNGO FUTU PLTR HD PGNY all holding green throughout that drop for those that track such things
fightintxag13
AG
GILD doesn't care abut the pullback.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am trying to diamond hands PLTR
McKinney Ag69
AG
canagian
AG
canagian said:

Question to this board -- I have been playing some (many/most?) of the options mentioned on this board since late April. I've seen several people mention "I'm up XX% in my account this year..." or something similar. I can't easily do that because my option plays are in my retirement acct and are a small fraction of my total portfolio.

But what I can do, since I'm retired and have plenty of free time, is post a fairly detailed analysis of over 100 option trades (and counting) that I've made since April based on the recommendations from this thread. I've used the data from these option trades -- tracking daily changes on the option price -- to spreadsheet and compare over a dozen different strategies for "what might have been" had I followed a particular strategy. Do I wait until the option doubles and sell half to go net free? Should I take some profits off if it's up 50%? When do I bail on a loser?
For those that might be interested -- I have posted this data on another thread and tried to answer a few questions.
texagbeliever
I'm not much of a hollywood guy, but are there any big block buster movies coming out that would reignite people going back to theaters. I don't think people are going to magically pick that habit back up.
59 South
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

We're in this together bro. Assuming you're in the 2/5 30 calls, 3 more weeks. That chart screams 30++
ClutchCityAg
Target to trim on GILD 3/19 $65s is when it reaches 63.75 area correct?
Let it ride
59 South
AG
Read your thread earlier, good stuff!
khaos288
AG

We need a support group.
59 South
AG
This guy is usually pretty good...

OutlawAG04
You are essentially getting a 45% return in 7 months. Its great in a few ways:

1. If the stock runs by that time you can buy them back and get out in a shorter time frame while keeping the majority of your upside
2. The consensus on this board seems to be this thing starts running closer to Q3 to potential PT (I don't have the crystal ball on that timing). that is a LONG time frame to grab some premiums
3. This is a great method for targeting net free on MA

Downside
1. You miss the upside on buying the shares (again not a big deal if you just want limited returns)
2. Long time frame and a lot can happen with the new administration so I ten to monitor calls and puts that i put out to a longer time frame
3. A number of us sold Jan puts when they were close to $0.80-$1.00 and the Feb puts have been in the same range. You have to ask yourself if it is worth putting that all the way to August. If the premiums stay juiced, you can rinse and repeat $0.80-$1.00 puts every month until this breaks through resistance. You could go net free much faster doing the shorter time frames.

I have been using puts 1-2 months out to lower basis on path to net free. Everyone seems to have their own strategy and 59 posted some great insight on his method earlier this morning. Hope this helps and let's keep the feedback going for everyone!
FJ43
canagian said:

canagian said:

Question to this board -- I have been playing some (many/most?) of the options mentioned on this board since late April. I've seen several people mention "I'm up XX% in my account this year..." or something similar. I can't easily do that because my option plays are in my retirement acct and are a small fraction of my total portfolio.

But what I can do, since I'm retired and have plenty of free time, is post a fairly detailed analysis of over 100 option trades (and counting) that I've made since April based on the recommendations from this thread. I've used the data from these option trades -- tracking daily changes on the option price -- to spreadsheet and compare over a dozen different strategies for "what might have been" had I followed a particular strategy. Do I wait until the option doubles and sell half to go net free? Should I take some profits off if it's up 50%? When do I bail on a loser?
For those that might be interested -- I have posted this data on another thread and tried to answer a few questions.

WOW that is great data and hyper motivating to be even more disciplined to perfecting the trade. Great job and many thanks for posting that!

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Aggies1322 said:

What would be the downside to selling Aug WWR $5 naked puts for $2.25? I don't know much about how selling puts works, but that feels like a no-brainer.

Any explanation would be helpful.
Downside is you have to purchase shares at $5 each with a cost basis of $2.75 due to premium collected.
59 South
AG
khaos288 said:

We need a support group.
I don't find it too hard with a +50% cushion given the upside potential.
FJ43
59 South said:

This guy is usually pretty good...

Back to 59s & OAs statement. Look how simple his chart is.

McKinney Ag69
AG
texagbeliever said:

I'm not much of a hollywood guy, but are there any big block buster movies coming out that would reignite people going back to theaters. I don't think people are going to magically pick that habit back up.
James Bond comes out April 2nd. My wife and I went to a movie the other day. It was great. I forgot how much I had missed it. We saw WW84 and it was absolutely unwatchable except for Gal Gadot. She's incredible.
spud1910
AG
$CHNG The buyout is expected to close in the second half of the year. I am net free on the shares I have. Will my shares be purchased at buyout price or will I get equal value of shares of United Health?
FTAG 2000
AG
Challenger 17 said:

texagbeliever said:

James Bond comes out April 2nd. My wife and I went to a movie the other day. It was great. I forgot how much I had missed it. We saw WW84 and it was absolutely unwatchable except for Gal Gadot. She's incredible.
Top Gun 2 is another big one for this year.
FTAG 2000
AG
OutlawAG04 said:

1. If the stock runs by that time you can buy them back and get out in a shorter time frame while keeping the majority of your upside
2. The consensus on this board seems to be this thing starts running closer to Q3 to potential PT (I don't have the crystal ball on that timing). that is a LONG time frame to grab some premiums

Downside
1. You miss the upside on buying the shares (again not a big deal if you just want limited returns)
2. Long time frame and a lot can happen with the new administration so I ten to monitor calls and puts that i put out to a longer time frame
3. A number of us sold Jan puts when they were close to $0.80-$1.00 and the Feb puts have been in the same range. You have to ask yourself if it is worth putting that all the way to August. If the premiums stay juiced, you can rinse and repeat $0.80-$1.00 puts every month until this breaks through resistance. You could go net free much faster doing the shorter time frames.

I have been using puts 1-2 months out to lower basis on path to net free. Everyone seems to have their own strategy and 59 posted some great insight on his method earlier this morning. Hope this helps and let's keep the feedback going for everyone!
This in relation to WWR?

Small but humble request - can people include the ticker they are talking about? This thread moves too fast to track.
McInnis 03
AG
Come on SPY, I massaged myself into 20 net free 376 calls for today by playing those up and downs this morning. Now lets get back to 380 on the close (I'd settle for 378).
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
fightintxag13
AG
WWR intraday wedge coming to a point. Which way will it break?
FJ43
Chances $WWR gets pinned at or below $5 today?

Mostly Foggy Recollection
PLTR has some great juice. Selling premium here with some recent intraday profits
Mr President Elect
AG
Good luck... it has been asked a few times. It usually lasts no more than a page.
Aggies1322
AG
Yeah he was responding to my WWR question.
Aggies1322
AG
OutlawAG04 said:

Downside

Thanks!!
FJ43
fightintxag13 said:

WWR intraday wedge coming to a point. Which way will it break?
In looking at the menu today I think I'll have the $WWR for $4.70 again. Ok I'm willing to pay a nickel extra for the fries.

First Page Last Page
Page 2802 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.