Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,002,383 Views | 231610 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Tesla to report Q4 earnings on Jan. 27
Today 11:20 AM ET (MarketWatch)

Tesla Inc. (TSLA) said Thursday it will report fourth-quarter and full-year earnings after market close on Jan. 27. A live question-and-answer webcast will follow at 6:30 p.m. Eastern, the electric-vehicle maker said. Shares of Tesla edged higher Thursday, tracking the broader market. The stock has gained 695% in the past 12 months, compared with gains around 16% for the S&P 500 index.
I don't mess with TSLA but some of you do.
bigtoneag
AG
It's been a lot of fun learning about this stuff.

I'm in the middle of closing the year and audit so I've gotta dial back on some of my positions. No time to sit here and watch the market all day.
Aggies1322
AG
Anyone else think DAL is setting up nicely? Or am I an idiot?
PeekingDuck
AG
OA1, I sure hope you held on to that OVV. Absolutely ridiculous.
Cartographer
$AAWW coming out of an accumulation. Could be a good swing up to 65+ in the short term.
leoj
AG
0708aggie said:

What's going on with NET?

Shakeout below 81, now going r/g on 5m chart. Continuing to build the cup on the daily. We're good.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Dan Scott said:

Apologies in advance for this question because I'm sure it's been addressed. The scenario isn't real but could happen

Let's say you buy 2000 WWR at $5. You then sell 20 April $10 calls for $2. In March the stock explodes to $20
What is the most optimal way to continue playing the upside on the stock? Should you take the loss on the April calls and try to recoup by selling July $25 calls?

Something I need to get better at is not getting greedy when I sell options waiting for them to go to 0. Been burned when a stock suddenly reverses and the worthless options i sold then go in the money.

Depends on how far in the money they go and how long until expiration. If they go ATM a month out, really not likely to be exercised. In that case, I'd hold for a bit farming the theta and then would roll out another 60 or so days. Don't want to sit on an ATM short option right until expiration, gamma increases for ATM options near expiration. TastyTrade guys recommend managing that trade 15 days before expiry.

If I was happy with selling at $20 and was concerned it might fall in the next couple months, I'd probably roll that $20 forward (ATM options have greatest extrinsic value), or maybe even sell the next lower strike to increase the probably you get assigned.

Not an expert or anything, still trying to develop my short options style.
59 South
AG
My $MBIO notes on my whiteboard say to sell covered calls when it is $4.75-5.00. After looking at the chain, I'm a bit disappointed in the premiums and volume tbh.

Might be better to just sit on shares and wait for some excitement to juice the premiums a bit.

If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Ags4DaWin
gougler08 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Ags2013 said:

Anyone else still in FUBO?
I am holding FUBO because i think it is going to be highly successful
I'm long FUBO

do yall have a target for FUBO on a long hold? got in sub 30 and I have heard some people saying that $100 is a realistic expectation if holding for the long term.

thoughts??
wanderer
BB announced their new phone and the stock is skyrocketing

Ags2013
AG
59 South said:

My $MBIO notes on my whiteboard say to sell covered calls when it is $4.75-5.00. After looking at the chain, I'm a bit disappointed in the premiums and volume tbh.

Might be better to just sit on shares and wait for some excitement to juice the premiums a bit.

OA tweeted not to look at it or touch it. Just let it sit there and make money. So that's what I'm doing (except I've been looking at it)
FJ43
59 South said:

Geez man this thing has some volume with it. Just isn't technically like prior periods. Someone has to know something. We are aright at a resistance level going back to January and June of 2020. Exactly there now. if it breaks this then let's ride.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
I was going to have a surprise guest for the seminar. Nope!
McKinney Ag69
AG

Tough Call no pun.
McKinney Ag69
AG
AgEE10
Esteban du Plantier
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Sorry, I have a can't-miss customer meeting that day. Maybe we can link up next time.
cptthunder
59 South said:

I was just looking at the same thing, gonna hold off for now
I was thinking 7.50 a month or two out would be over .50c
ProgN
59 South said:

Quit your whinging!

Had to Google British sayings
gougler08
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

gougler08 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Ags2013 said:

Anyone else still in FUBO?
I am holding FUBO because i think it is going to be highly successful
I'm long FUBO

do yall have a target for FUBO on a long hold? got in sub 30 and I have heard some people saying that $100 is a realistic expectation if holding for the long term.

thoughts??

I think it at least goes back to the 60s to test that high and then I'll probably go net free to see if it will turn in to the next big thing
wanderer
OA, does that mean you don't even have any covered calls sold on it?

ProgN
Online clothing reseller Poshmark jumps more than 130% as it begins trading

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/14/poshmark-ipo-posh-starts-trading-on-nasdaq.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

OA, does your wife like this stock. Didn't she call the move on ETSY?
59 South
AG
FJ43 said:

59 South said:

Geez man this thing has some volume with it. Just isn't technically like prior periods. Someone has to know something. We are aright at a resistance level going back to January and June of 2020. Exactly there now. if it breaks this then let's ride.
Yea agree, maybe I should have clarified. I was a bit disappointed in the volume/liquidity of the options, not the underlying.

oldarmy1
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sorry, I have a can't-miss customer meeting that day. Maybe we can link up next time.
Hey, I tried!

Thought 15 minutes of someone who uses intraday tactics might be fun for all. Not to be.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Caught the Iceberg Short report news for EOSE on the Benzinga squawk box, immediately ran to the 25 puts that were trading really thin, over paid at $1 each but flipped them about ten minutes later for $1.45.

If you're listening to the squawk and you catch a short report on a small-med cap stock.....if you can act on it quicker than anyone else, the risk reward has been pretty good for me.
I always sell way too early.

UPDATE: model T on watch.

Bought shares with my stop at the low of the 2nd 5 min candle low before it.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
leoj
AG
Like sub $40 if I recall.
59 South
0708aggie
AG
Yeah FML. I sold my calls at .80, now worth 1.30
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/14/poshmark-ipo-posh-starts-trading-on-nasdaq.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Now this is funny. I think it was the famous ETSY run in spring/summer of 2018 when it tripled in a few months... OA accused me of being his wife when I posted about it thinking she was rubbing it in. I just looked at the chart since then... WOW 10 bagger+ Maybe OA's wife is smarter!

oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

Prognightmare said:

Now this is funny. I think it was the famous ETSY run in spring/summer of 2018 when it tripled in a few months... OA accused me of being his wife when I posted about it thinking she was rubbing it in. I just looked at the chart since then... WOW 10 bagger+ Maybe OA's wife is smarter!
Maybe I should have my wife be the "Surprise Guest"? Outperforms the other considerations by a ton!
ProgN
Cartographer
$AGE goalpost volume in October.

Curling up toward another opportunity to break the top at $2.

Thoughts?
_lefraud_
AG
wanderer said:

BB announced their new phone and the stock is skyrocketing

I still rock a BlackBerry...

Wish I would have kept my stock :/
oldarmy1
AG
Asked my wife about POSH and she started rattling off everything about them. Said give me $60 and I'll bite, and then asked if I entered SFIX for a sector water rising winner into the opening of the IPO?

Take a look.
Ragoo
AG
Took an $850/860/870 McFly on TSLA based on how it traded up against $860.
First Page Last Page
Page 2789 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.