Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,361 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by El_duderino
AgEE10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PM'd you
GreasenUSA
AG
gig em 02 said:

Imagine getting shaken out of NIO at $3

TxAggie-12
AG
How long ago did they mention the short report? I had to turn it off about 20 minutes ago. Thanks for the tip about listening on TOS chat room.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
GreasenUSA said:

gig em 02 said:

Imagine getting shaken out of NIO at $3

wow
Running with the Bulls
$MBIO volume!
BrokeAssAggie
slow day today

59 South
AG
Sorry but I can't stop laughing at the gif... I'm glad you're a good sport about it! I bet your financial advisor (if you have one) would be proud of you taking disciplined profits and investing it in VOO
bigtoneag
AG
I'm using this one to learn covered calls. Figured it was a good one to use since it's so cheap.
McInnis 03
AG
I placed the opening trade at 9:54 so probably right at that moment.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
leoj
AG
Man, that hurts
Dan Scott
AG
Apologies in advance for this question because I'm sure it's been addressed. The scenario isn't real but could happen

Let's say you buy 2000 WWR at $5. You then sell 20 April $10 calls for $2. In March the stock explodes to $20
What is the most optimal way to continue playing the upside on the stock? Should you take the loss on the April calls and try to recoup by selling July $25 calls?

Something I need to get better at is not getting greedy when I sell options waiting for them to go to 0. Been burned when a stock suddenly reverses and the worthless options i sold then go in the money.
FJ43
bigtoneag said:

I'm using this one to learn covered calls. Figured it was a good one to use since it's so cheap.
If you are referring to $AMC it is a good one to learn on but IMO play small. Premiums are juiced so you can have lower risk with covered calls on it. If they get funding or a deal then this will be a great return but always risk they don't. I bought a few shares yesterday $2.17, March $4c and will sell covered on 50% of my shares today if continues to build.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

59 South
AG
For you guys worrying about FUBO, etc... you gotta know your time frame and be patient. Patience and emotional control are the biggest differentiators in stock trading and investing in general IMO. There's a ton of cheesy quotes about it all that I'll spare you all.

But long story short, know your time frame and have some sort of plan.

FUBO will be fine. I was able to establish my base tier one position on Tuesday at 29.95. That is how many net free shares I want to have. It may take me a week to accomplish that, and it may take me a year+. I'm waiting for price discovery and it to get tight to go tier 2 and start working that tier 2 swing trading and selling some covered calls on the base position.

ETA: I had to change up my plan a bit yesterday when it didn't follow through. If it would have exploded to 45-50, then I'd have sold a lot to lock in that massive 2-3 day profit. It didn't, and I've wanted to own it for the long term, so now I'm playing it differently with a nice cushion.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
AgEE10
AG
NET, what happened buddy?
TxAggie-12
AG
Sounds like I just missed it.
BrokeAssAggie
MBIO at $4.50. volume coming in strong.
gougler08
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Really like AMC entertainment here. It's a very tradeable chart and one good headline could send this thing sailing. It's almost at its 52 week low. Good support volume has been coming in.
Nice find, I'll look for an entry here shortly and then a tight stop loss at $1.95
wmitchell
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

MBIO at $4.50. volume coming in strong.
Don't run too much till next week! I have $5 covered calls expiring tomorrow
Coachbro20
gougler08 said:

Challenger 17 said:

Really like AMC entertainment here. It's a very tradeable chart and one good headline could send this thing sailing. It's almost at its 52 week low. Good support volume has been coming in.
Nice find, I'll look for an entry here shortly and then a tight stop loss at $1.95
let me know if you find a good entry and ill jump on also
Engine10
AG
Dan Scott said:

Apologies in advance for this question because I'm sure it's been addressed. The scenario isn't real but could happen

Let's say you buy 2000 WWR at $5. You then sell 20 April $10 calls for $2. In March the stock explodes to $20
What is the most optimal way to continue playing the upside on the stock? Should you take the loss on the April calls and try to recoup by selling July $25 calls?

Something I need to get better at is not getting greedy when I sell options waiting for them to go to 0. Been burned when a stock suddenly reverses and the worthless options i sold then go in the money.

One option would be to roll the April calls out a month or two and to a higher strike. If we get that kind of explosion move the premium should be nice, and can likely exit the new/higher CC on a consolidation/pullback.

Or just buy back the calls outright and eat that bullet
ProgN
Y'all remember when SIG was $6 last March? I member
aggies4life
AG
Dash has made some moves recently
bigtoneag
AG
Thanks for the pointers. I'm only doing one contract. I understand the concept of a covered call I just needed to actually see it in action.
GreasenUSA
AG
59 South said:

Sorry but I can't stop laughing at the gif... I'm glad you're a good sport about it! I bet your financial advisor (if you have one) would be proud of you taking disciplined profits and investing it in VOO
Not upset in the slightest. I was happy to take 30% at the time, and I'm still happy about it. It was still a few months after I sold before it really took off.
Ags2013
AG
Nice little run from MBIO
TxAggie-12
AG
FJ - Any recent thoughts on FNKO? I pulled up the chart again and looks like it completed the right hand side of a month long cup pattern. Bottom of cup is around previous resistance. Do you think it continues the up trend and fills the gap at $15? Up ~12% today
59 South
ProgN
Cloud said:

Killin Me Smalls said:

How much WWR is too much WWR?...asking for a friend.

if you haven't thrown everything you have at it, done a cash out on your mortgage, and sold all possessions already, I don't know what to tell you.
FJ43
bigtoneag said:

Thanks for the pointers. I'm only doing one contract. I understand the concept of a covered call I just needed to actually see it in action.
Be careful....its addicting!!!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Y'all remember when SIG was $6 last March? I member

Sold too early
CPDAggie10
AG
59 South said:

For you guys worrying about FUBO, etc... you gotta know your time frame and be patient. Patience and emotional control are the biggest differentiators in stock trading and investing in general IMO. There's a ton of cheesy quotes about it all that I'll spare you all.

But long story short, know your time frame and have some sort of plan.

FUBO will be fine. I was able to establish my base tier one position on Tuesday at 29.95. That is how many net free shares I want to have. It may take me a week to accomplish that, and it may take me a year+. I'm waiting for price discovery and it to get tight to go tier 2 and start working that tier 2 swing trading and selling some covered calls on the base position.

ETA: I had to change up my plan a bit yesterday when it didn't follow through. If it would have exploded to 45-50, then I'd have sold a lot to lock in that massive 2-3 day profit. It didn't, and I've wanted to own it for the long term, so now I'm playing it differently with a nice cushion.
I'm long FUBO shares since $28. I agree be patient on this one.

Sold Feb. $30 puts for $4.20.
gougler08
AG
Coachbro20 said:

gougler08 said:

Challenger 17 said:

Limit buy at 2.20 for me, if I get shares stop loss at $1.95 for a small loss if it gets there
FJ43
Coachbro20 said:

gougler08 said:

Challenger 17 said:

$2.16 is showing to be the new support level but $2.00 would be even better where major volume began. Although may not see that again except for a flash down.

FJ43
$EEM with 1.1 Million shares on the 1 Min

0708aggie
AG
What's going on with NET?
First Page Last Page
Page 2788 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.