Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,298 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought some $HEXO leaps out to next January a couple months ago. finally doing something today.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
gigemJTH12 said:

I bought some $HEXO leaps out to next January a couple months ago. finally doing something today.
I'm in the $6 LEAPS, you?
tramaro1
AG
Man you could have bought ABNB $170 calls 3 different times and got 100% ROI each time.
Aggie118
AG

Incredible Volume on CTRM.
gigemJTH12
AG
no...I screwed up my buy and never even realized it until today when it popped. I had it just sitting there. mine is at $2. I am a rookie so I dont even know what that means about what to do with this. I didnt even know you could buy a call for under the money.
Mr President Elect
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Eng, y'all in eng??!!
I have the 2/19 $5 CC's and the 3/19 $7.50 CC's and really not seeing a good position to roll them to. Still have some time to figure it out or let some of the otm premiums to pick-up further down the road I suppose.
tsuag10
AG
Looking at KR

Does it mean anything for an individual stock if the 50ema crosses below the 200ema?
Or is that only useful when looking at indexes?
Aggie1391
I'm in a similar boat. I bought $.50 calls a while ago and now with the 4:1 reverse stock split, I'm not sure what that means. Are my calls now $2 calls essentially? That wouldn't make sense though since the stock at $5+
Aggies1322
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

no...I screwed up my buy and never even realized it until today when it popped. I had it just sitting there. mine is at $2. I am a rookie so I dont even know what that means about what to do with this. I didnt even know you could buy a call for under the money.

Yeah, you can buy ITM (in the money) calls.. They're generally safer and thus don't have as much upside.
gigemJTH12
AG
Aggie1391 said:

I'm in a similar boat. I bought $.50 calls a while ago and now with the 4:1 reverse stock split, I'm not sure what that means. Are my calls now $2 calls essentially? That wouldn't make sense though since the stock at $5+
okay so this is what happened to me too. wonder what that means for us?
oldarmy1
AG
jbeck3487 said:

To get 60.37, I used the low of 56.56 (12/31) and the high of 64.18 (1/11).
$64.50 with after hours gets you $60.53 but all are in the area and that pivot this morning might have been strength preventing completion.
HelloUncleNateFitch
Forgive me this question if it's stupid (this ain't my day job). But is there any way to invest in coinbase before their ipo?
oldarmy1
AG
tsuag10 said:

Looking at KR

Does it mean anything for an individual stock if the 50ema crosses below the 200ema?
Or is that only useful when looking at indexes?
Just convergence meaning bid/ask is narrowing day over day. But if its been on an uptrend then that could be pre-signal to reversal.
Aggies1322
AG
You talked about underpinning* last week.. is that what is happening with SKLZ? Stock has dropped in price the last few minutes but the premiums seem to be staying steady.
fightintxag13
AG
With WWR drifting back to near $5, what do you guys think about buying back Feb $10 CC's at $.30 that I sold on the spike a couple weeks ago for $1.00? I sold them on half of my shares so I would lower my cost basis $.375 overall. It's going to breakout of this range eventually, and I would be able to resell the CC's again when it does and double dip on the premium.
tlepoC
AG
I am selling puts all over the place for WWR - some 7.5's far out to hopefully enter ~4 and some 5's that I'm hoping to make a quick profit on selling premium. This has been a great stock to learn about selling premium on.
FJ43
fightintxag13 said:

With WWR drifting back to near $5, what do you guys think about buying back Feb $10 CC's at $.30 that I sold on the spike a couple weeks ago for $1.00? I sold them on half of my shares so I would lower my cost basis $.375 overall. It's going to breakout of this range eventually, and I would be able to resell the CC's again when it does and double dip on the premium.
I've been doing this on $WWR but only because the stock has been 'predictable in this channel. Normally I would let expire worthless or get called away for a great gain.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
$EEM reallly trying to break through this $54.62 resistance and high.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

fightintxag13
AG
That's kind of the reason why I was considering it. $4.85 seems to be very strong support. I might wait to see if it will flash around $4.95 to buy them back.

I did something similar with NIO at the beginning of 2020 when it was the MA play here and it was somewhat range bound.
oldarmy1
AG
Entering PLTR Feb $30 calls here and looking to trim some at $1.68 and then $2.50-$2.75 for rest
gig em 02
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I'm in the $6 LEAPS, you?

I went with 2023 30 MJ leaps couple weeks ago and they are already up 50%. This is my new favorite strategy.
gougler08
AG
TELL finishing up a cup formation, could leg up in a week or two with some consolidation
Aggies1322
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Entering PLTR Feb $30 calls here and looking to trim some at $1.68 and then $2.50-$2.75 for rest

FEB 5th?
0708aggie
AG
BIGC with the breakout.
fightintxag13
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'm seeing those cost $1.70 right now?
oldarmy1
AG
Aggies1322 said:

oldarmy1 said:

FEB 5th?
Feb 5

No K yet!
FishrCoAg
AG
Mr President Elect said:

McInnis 03 said:

Eng, y'all in eng??!!
I have the 2/19 $5 CC's and the 3/19 $7.50 CC's and really not seeing a good position to roll them to. Still have some time to figure it out or let some of the otm premiums to pick-up further down the road I suppose.
I have sold the 1/15 2.5 cc's and having the same dilemma but less time.
jbeck3487
AG
fightintxag13 said:

That's kind of the reason why I was considering it. $4.85 seems to be very strong support. I might wait to see if it will flash around $4.95 to buy them back.

I did something similar with NIO at the beginning of 2020 when it was the MA play here and it was somewhat range bound.
And when it does that, turn around and sell the 5P. Rinse and repeat until this thing breaks out.
oldarmy1
AG
Feb 5th $30 calls are under $1.10...no need to hit the bid
zag213004
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I seem to be confused. Are you buying at 1.68 or selling to close at 1.68... it's 1.68 right now

Edit: NVM I see Feb 5 as date I was looking at 3rd week of Feb
Aggies1322
AG
zwhag2010 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I seem to be confused. Are you buying at 1.68 or selling to close at 1.68... it's 1.68 right now

Feb 5 $30c @ $1.10
fightintxag13
AG
jbeck3487 said:

fightintxag13 said:

And when it does that, turn around and sell the 5P. Rinse and repeat until this thing breaks out.
Mr President Elect
AG
Went with the 29.50's to stay out of the bidding war with you hooligans
FJ43
zwhag2010 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Edit: NVM I see Feb 5 as date I was looking at 3rd week of Feb
Those are the Feb 19th. Look at Feb 5th.

spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Feb 5th $30 calls are under $1.10...no need to hit the bid
in at $1.08
First Page Last Page
Page 2778 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.