Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,184 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lot of time on SKLZ and buying interest is there. Got to give them time.
Rice and Fries
Dan Scott said:

GameStop wow
That is a huge WSB stock. They think they are going to become the sole partner for distribution with Sony. MSFT, Nitnendo, etc for all things gaming. Not sure how I see this.
Rice and Fries
Rice and Fries said:

Dan Scott said:

GameStop wow
That is a huge WSB stock. They think they are going to become the sole partner for distribution with Sony. MSFT, Nitnendo, etc for all things gaming. Not sure how I see this.
Looks like a short squeeze, no?
tamu2009
AG
Didn't see that one coming...
oldarmy1
AG
ASAN $38.60 wow
BrokeAssAggie
volume on COTY is not slowing down. Let's go!
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ASAN $38.60 wow
glad I bit on this one
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Occasionally, a month plus strikes will strike fast, but there is a reason why we choose certain expiration dates based on charts, events, etc.

SKLZ is going to be a multi-bagger IMO
McInnis 03
AG
AMZN 3200c's for THIS WEEK are getting POUNDED.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I have a feeling wdc is getting ready to rip our faces off. Sold puts yesterday, looking at calls/ spreads today. Am i off base?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
krosch11 said:

$QD past 2

What can i say, except, "you're welcome"
(Sold cc yesterday)
SKLZ?

Are you asking what strike and expiry?
Ranger222
AG
Yes...added a bit more this morning at .76

I'm not in big on this either...just a fun little scalp trade. I set a stop loss at .7 and not going to watch it too closely.
oldarmy1
AG
OA1 - Stocks and Trading
Killin Me Smalls
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OA1 - Stocks and Trading

Sorry if it's been discussed, but do you recommend any pre-reads for your noob audience?
CheladaAg
AG
ASAN on a tear
CheladaAg
CheladaAg
AG
gougler08
AG
Ok was able to roll my MOMO 15 covered calls out to Feb at 20 strike for a small credit, now need to get QD moved
Touchless
AG
Good, I have the $3300 for next week lol so I could use a big spike. Was really betting on it being at the bottom of that wedge. I should have bought more yesterday when it was in the $11-$12 range and averaged down.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

FYI, Redler and Dan are both watching XL today. It's in that classic setup of big gain, pullback consolidation, could breakout be the next phase?
THERE IT GOES.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wwr 5p are going for 20c right now. That's 4% in 3 days on whatever cash you have sitting idle. Literally free money
Ranger222
AG
rtpAggie said:

Fireman said:

Ranger222 said:

For you penny stock sickos that want a cheap trade....look at SYN. +30% today and I think going to get back to 1.12 for a quick trade. Just a trade -- know nothing about this company LT
Ranger - you hangin in there on this one, or is it time to pull the rip cord? Thanks!

I went pretty small, so I'm gonna probably give it another day or two.
good luck getting him to answer.

this may come off as whining but oh well. He started that twitter account and posts plays...but he is very unclear about exit strategy and he will just ignore questions. Even if you follow up.

its his prerogative and hes not charging anyone so he can do what he wants.

just a warning to anyone looking to follow his plays. Just know you are going to be told to buy and nothing else.

I'm sorry that is the way you feel, but I have a full time job running a research lab. This is fun and a hobby. I am not running a service. I stopped calling out specific calls/strikes/dates because I did feel like it was not right for people that tried to follow along as I did not have the time to constantly watch/update or I would forget to send a tweet out if I managed a position. For the past couple weeks I have only tried to talk about charts/trends I like to get around this issue.

As far as ignoring questions....I rarely get any replies to my tweets. If I get a reply I do my best to answer. The last reply I have gotten was 5 days ago on that account and before that 25 days ago...so not many questions being sent to that account, if any.

Just trying to share ideas....its your own responsibility to manage the trade and everyone has different strategies. My strategies are a lot different than the ones posted on this thread....that's because I have a plan that works for me and may not work for you. This thread/community has grown so large and I just can't keep up, and why I don't post much. I am not OA or trying to be a mini OA...I just like bouncing ideas off others and having a discussion group rather than doing this alone. The twitter handle is a quick way to disseminate information without logging into here. Its purpose is not for people to directly follow my trades....
rtpAggie
Ranger222 said:

rtpAggie said:

Fireman said:

Ranger222 said:

For you penny stock sickos that want a cheap trade....look at SYN. +30% today and I think going to get back to 1.12 for a quick trade. Just a trade -- know nothing about this company LT
Ranger - you hangin in there on this one, or is it time to pull the rip cord? Thanks!

this may come off as whining but oh well. He started that twitter account and posts plays...but he is very unclear about exit strategy and he will just ignore questions. Even if you follow up.

just a warning to anyone looking to follow his plays. Just know you are going to be told to buy and nothing else.

I'm sorry that is the way you feel, but I have a full time job running a research lab. This is fun and a hobby. I am not running a service. I stopped calling out specific calls/strikes/dates because I did feel like it was not right for people that tried to follow along as I did not have the time to constantly watch/update or I would forget to send a tweet out if I managed a position. For the past couple weeks I have only tried to talk about charts/trends I like to get around this issue.
sounds like you noted the same concern I had. problem alleviated.

thanks.
Swollen Thumb
AG
C'mon man, take responsibility for your own trading. These guys are giving out picks to help....it's not their job to hold anyone's hand or reply back to every stranger asking for advice. When you start paying for their service, then you can complain. Otherwise, it comes across as ungrateful whining. Take what they give (or don't), but don't run them off by complaining.
Running with the Bulls
$XL Volume!
oldarmy1
AG
None
TChaney
rtpAggie said:

Fireman said:

Ranger222 said:

I'll try to explain it as best I can but others may chime in and correct me.

First, if you make any plays you must be ready to adjust your game as you go along.
I rarely buy one option. I almost always buy in 2s

Sticking with calls but the inverse applies to Puts

So say you buy 10 options at .10 ($100)
and the price rises to .25 ($250)
I will sell half of the options ($125)
Giving me 5 options at no cost and a slight profit.

If you hear Net Free this is what people are referring to.

If the stock skyrockets in the time frame you can make profit off of the options you have left.

Say in the same scenario above the stock price drops more.
You have a few strategies there or combinations.
Depending on how close you are to expiration you can either Average down.
That means buy more options to bring your average price lower
or rolling the options to the next expiration.

With COTY myself
when it dropped this week
I jumped into 10 Jan 15 7.5C at .05 - sold half this morning at .15 so I have 5 net free
Rolled 75% of my Jan 15 8C to Jan 22 8C
I'm still sitting on some Jan 15 8C avgd at .04 per <- I consider this a gamble, if it fails I am not concerned

My risk tolerance is to try to lose as little as possible while making any profit I can.
I find myself often selling calls at about 50 - 75% of the peak sell price.
I consider that a win every time.

In most cases you do not want to be holding options very close to the expiration date.
The goal is to sell them prior to expiration even if they are in the money.

0708aggie
AG
OA, you still in NET. I went net free a while ago and its running today.
XL pop!

I doubled my 1/15 $25s

Rolled to 2/19 30s.
GtownRAB
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

C'mon man, take responsibility for your own trading. These guys are giving out picks to help....it's not their job to hold anyone's hand or reply back to every stranger asking for advice. When you start paying for their service, then you can complain. Otherwise, it comes across as ungrateful whining. Take what they give (or don't), but don't run them off by complaining.
I would take it a step further and thank guys like ranger, OA, and many others that are taking the time to contribute. Sometimes the ideas are spoon fed, which are great, but the fact that so many on here are taking the time to teach is incredible. OAs seminar and the book by Darrell Jobman, teaching us to fish instead of handing us a fish. (I like the free fish also!)

I have posted it before, but I originally started trading in April 2020 with the intention of buying a few solid stocks that were down with some extra cash I had. Now I find myself trading different stocks, working towards net free, selling/buying calls and puts, way more than I imagined doing and it been very fun, but extremely fruitful. I made several mistakes along the way, but am up 125% since April.
cptthunder
I need MVIS to chill just a little bit.. sold the 1/15 $6P and was really looking to get assigned
Looks like its going to be close
CW2011
AG
Jumped on some right as you posted this.
First Page Last Page
Page 2773 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.