Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,029,667 Views | 231617 Replies | Last: 48 min ago by Quacked
djmeen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Registered and awaiting confirmation. Totally lost beyond simply buying a stock and selling said stock. So look forward to starting to understand options and a lot more about technical analysis.
Madagascar
AG
How beneficial would your course be for beginners? I'm considering trying out some trading but have no background and not sure where to begin.
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
Madagascar said:

How beneficial would your course be for beginners? I'm considering trying out some trading but have no background and not sure where to begin.
It would be very beneficial IMO, regardless of market experience. The more you immerse yourself in the markets the faster everything will just click one day and so many things will come into focus.
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

Madagascar said:

It would be very beneficial IMO, regardless of market experience. The more you immerse yourself in the markets the faster everything will just click one day and so many things will come into focus.
This Consistent immersion.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

TChaney
oldarmy1

Me

ProgN
Rice and Fries
After having one kid and seeing how it blows up your life totally, idk why anyone would want to have another or more! They say you forget after while but not me. I won't. I'm a steel trap given I'm stuck in a house WFH with a 3 month old AMD wife who just wants to go out to eat and get margs.

In other news, we had to use debt to pay $25K for a new AC install (3&5 ton) and airducts (old ones were totally shot) this summer. I used my gains from here to help pay off the debt. We are officially 100% debt free now (besides the mortgage). Feels surreal.
ProgN
Rice and Fries said:

After having one kid and seeing how it blows up your life totally, idk why anyone would want to have another or more! They say you forget after while but not me. I won't. I'm a steel trap given I'm stuck in a house WFH with a 3 month old AMD wife who just wants to go out to eat and get margs.

In other news, we had to use debt to pay $25K for a new AC install (3&5 ton) and airducts (old ones were totally shot) this summer. I used my gains from here to help pay off the debt. We are officially 100% debt free now (besides the mortgage). Feels surreal.
Now you can afford to make another kid.

Get to work Sparky
Post removed:
by user
BrokeAssAggie
third coast.. said:

So US is implementing a rule that citizens, and everyone else, must have a negative test to fly in to the country starting the 26th. I'd anticipate this leading to a lot of canceled airline reservations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/travel/u-s-require-negative-covid-19-test-international-travelers.amp

I also read you can show that you have had COVID in the past and that would suffice.
Engine10
AG
For those following Stewie's look at $PLTR - you may get your entry point today. Citi downgrade to sell but raised their target. Might see low 20's
Rice and Fries
Engine10 said:

For those following Stewie's look at $PLTR - you may get your entry point today. Citi downgrade to sell but raised their target. Might see low 20's

*Sad option holder noises*
gougler08
AG
Like coming in from another country gives you a higher chance of spreading what is already thoroughly across the US. What a dumb rule
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Marathon Patent Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MARA) announced that it has entered into securities purchase agreements with several institutional investors for the purchase and sale in a registered direct offering of 12,500,000 shares of its common stock at an offering price of $20.0 per share.

H.C. Wainwright & Co. is acting as the exclusive placement agent for the offering.

The gross proceeds of this offering are expected to be $250.0 million, before deducting placement agent fees and other offering expenses payable by Marathon. The Company intends to use the net proceeds of this offering for general corporate purposes and to fund ongoing operations and expansion of its business.
That's a pretty big offering considering their outstanding shares.

However, this has become a cult stock and this weakness could provide a decent trading opportunity. I'm not going to rec any options, but buying the stock for a swing is looking promising.

They are offering another 12.5MM shares versus the 50-55MM shares already outstanding. Doing the math, a $26 stock before the dilution should now be close to a $21 stock I had previously sold all my shares not covered by calls. I might use this downturn to buy back some calls and roll others down or down and nearer expiry. That will leave me with more shares free to either take profit on now in case BTC keeps sliding or to hold to see if this can continue upward.
gigemJTH12
AG
gougler08 said:

Like coming in from another country gives you a higher chance of spreading what is already thoroughly across the US. What a dumb rule
you must be new here
Running with the Bulls
$CIDM over $0.90 premarket
ffolly
AG
What's the CIDM target?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Rice and Fries
Running with the Bulls said:

$CIDM over $0.90 premarket

WWR running to $5.50
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Prognightmare said:

FUBO is breaking $40 today. I hope the shorts get crushed, ****'em.

I didn't leave any runners there and covered all shares with Jan $36 CCs. A profit >30% in a week is pretty good. I'll ponder rolling those out and up or if I simply want to get called out and move that cash on to the next trade.
oldarmy1
AG
TChaney said:

oldarmy1

Me

I would hope we eliminate that look, not further the cause of it.

I'll probably do another advanced seminar, where all registrants to this one receive free access, but to be perfectly clear 90% of what I do does not require a Mensa certification. I'm not that smart. Ask my wife.
Running with the Bulls
ffolly said:

What's the CIDM target?
I am targeting "net free"! My cost average is right around $0.68/sh. I like to trim small pieces on the way up to capture some gains and lower my basis. As it runs higher, I place larger sells until I'm net free. I don't always subscribe to the wait until my shares double and then sell half (you might be waiting a long time for that to happen in all cases, if ever). If CIDM falls back I'm happy to buy some of the shares I've already sold at these levels and rinse and repeat.
LeisureSuitLarry
Thoughts on MAT?
E
AG
Disregard
McInnis 03
AG
third coast.. said:

So US is implementing a rule that citizens, and everyone else, must have a negative test to fly in to the country starting the 26th. I'd anticipate this leading to a lot of canceled airline reservations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/travel/u-s-require-negative-covid-19-test-international-travelers.amp

We are canceling next month's Cancun trip..wife is PISSED
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

third coast.. said:

I would be too. My wife and I discussed last weekend that we haven't even seen all of the county we live in yet. So be it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
The resort we were going to is bringing in "doctors" to test at $150 per person. I have a family of 5.

Also, if anyone in your group tests positive, everyone is denied reentry. I'm not getting stuck, even in Cancun, due to a test that hasn't shown to be totally accurate. And God forbid someone actually does fall ill on poor timing and require medical attention.

We're all about risk:reward here, and I can't see it lining up for us at this time.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
txaggie_08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

third coast.. said:

I've got my honeymoon in Bora Bora in April. Not going to cancel, but hope all this changes by then. Bora Bora already requires a negative test 3 days prior to your trip, and have to get tested again on your 4th day there. This rule would mean I'd have to get tested a third time in the span of 2 weeks.
tailgatetimer10
AG
third coast.. said:

A few interesting tid bits:

1. My sister in law is over seas and is vaccinated, interesting there is no inclusion of this by the cdc.
2. Why hasn't this been a rule for non citizens already? It has been almost everywhere else
3. I think this rule is bogus, how can you possibly deny entry to a US citizen?

This is prob better fit for f16, but I do not post there, so sorry for the rant
McInnis 03
AG
$PEIX

I took a position in here yesterday focusing on a run past $7 before Friday.......could see some continuation on yesterdays run here today.

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Looks like you need to shop at Camping World for the road trips. Might as well go ahead and buy 2 RVs while you're there - a his and hers.
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

FUBO is breaking $40 today. I hope the shorts get crushed, ****'em.
I made my first share buy yesterday after the open on model t confirmation. Y'all go look at that 1 minute chart. Filled a big chunk at 29.95 at 9:08. I got busy and missed my double up position on the 30.50 flash around 10:30. Bummer but I'm ok with only tier 1. Probably will be my best quick shares trade ever. I'm looking for low-mid 40s to sell some and sell some covered calls out a month or so for $5 premium whatever strike price that ends up being, maybe $50 or so. If I can sell half at $45 and $5 cc on the other half at $50, then that either ends up getting me to cost basis $10 or called out for an aggregate sell of $50, or 67% for not much work in a short amount of time.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

The resort we were going to is bringing in "doctors" to test at $150 per person. I have a family of 5.

Also, if anyone in your group tests positive, everyone is denied reentry. I'm not getting stuck, even in Cancun, due to a test that hasn't shown to be totally accurate. And God forbid someone actually does fall ill on poor timing and require medical attention.

We're all about risk:reward here, and I can't see it lining up for us at this time.

Add on top of it all the continuously changing goal posts the risk of a not so smooth trip are high.

First Page Last Page
Page 2769 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.