Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,029,618 Views | 231617 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by Quacked
GasAg90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Signed up as well. Thanks for doing this OA, I consider this the best buy of the year!
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

KT 90 said:

Rice and Fries said:

KT 90 said:

Rice and Fries said:

BenRev09 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Want some data averages that might surprise a lot of people? The average Registration has 1.1 yrs of trading experience.

Was there a questionnaire? I registered and got my receipt, never saw any questions

Same here. I just did my Apple Pay
0708aggie reposted them up above a few posts. Send responses to OA1Stocks@gmail.com

Found it.

My question is though, is this gonna start driving more traffic to this forum via outside Twitter users? Or is it gonna remain more of house secret?

I don't think the twitter users are ever really alerted to this forum. I hope not anyway, this thread already has a lot of activity, we don't need the twitter mob to invade here.

NO WE DO NOT. Someone posted the link one time and I asked them to delete it and tweeted some distraction and misdirection until it was.

I'd be careful if anyone asks what "OA1" means, and then reserve search you. I'd be lying if I said I don't use the Google machine to search Texags or Reddit for all kinds of questions. Could be easy to find you.

Gonna remove my paranoia hat now and stop blowing up the forum.
oldarmy1
AG
If someone on the foum registered and used a credit card ending in 2355 it was restricted and rejected as a "likely fraudulent" payment. Probably a glitch but just so you know.
Madmarttigan
AG
I have a hard enough time keeping up with this thread and just following OA without extras flooding in.
Formerly tv1113
Post removed:
by user
chubbs07
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Registration is now open. The email on the web page is for Registrants to submit their questions and also send charts, stocks for consideration of examples used in the Seminar. I will also use the email addresses input on the Registration to send periodic macro market updates.

I will not post the link on Twitter (And ask that no one do so either) until later this evening.

OA1 - Stocks and Trading
Enrolled!
McInnis 03
AG
Rice and Fries said:

My thoughts exactly. We already have enough McInnis' as is.

Did anyone state their reason for entry was to get away from this forum and mostly me??
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Madmarttigan
AG
Well since I was doing the penny stock thing starting in April and I blew up my account in September and lost a crap ton, since following this thread more and studying my account is up over 300% from my low point. Most of it happening since Beginning of Nov.

Have erased all my losses and currently have 50k in profit since starting last year. Still sooo much to learn and still making mistakes. A world of options I barely understand.
Formerly tv1113
Thundergon
Registered, thanks OA.

Can someone please let Collin (Irish) know about the registration. He might be interested and I don't think he's on Twitter at the moment.
Post removed:
by user
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't mind pennies the way he plays them. Buying during heavy volatility is a lot more stressful than accumulating pre big boom and playing it very patiently.

I got in trouble when I thought I was being savvy and opened margin and was taking larger positions out to try day trading for small % gains. It led to a nightmare scenario where I kept averaging down and never recovered.

Then to put the nail in the coffin I tried to fix it by doing a Hail Mary on a biotech trial that went horribly wrong. Woke up and almost threw up that day but I vowed not to give up and just be better than that.
Formerly tv1113
oldarmy1
AG
Has anyone NOT received their email confirmation? Everyone should be squared away.
cptthunder
Registered and receive email. Will follow up with questions soon
Bob Knights Paper Hands
jayelbee said:

I stay away from the penny stocks having been burned by some pump and dumps when I was young and just starting out. I know OA has several that he likes to trade swings and accumulate net free shares, but that's one place I won't play.

Me too, sort of a personal rule. No pennies or bios. But then 2020 happened and my rules became guidelines and then more of simple considerations. That how you tell when this is a bubble - when Liver is buying pennies and bios.

McFly nobody actually said you were reason, it was more of an implied thing.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Thundergon said:

Registered, thanks OA.

Can someone please let Collin (Irish) know about the registration. He might be interested and I don't think he's on Twitter at the moment.

You, Clay, and Ranger should be guest speakers.
CheladaAg
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Want some data averages that might surprise a lot of people? The average Registration has 1.1 yrs of trading experience.
OA, I understand you are barely learning who your audience is but any idea how do you handle this two hr course if your range of experience is very wide?

Another words, will this be more geared toward novice traders if the majority of experience is this low?

HalifaxAg
AG
I'm assuming the cc receipt email is the confirmation?
oldarmy1
AG
boyz05 said:

oldarmy1 said:

OA, I understand you are barely learning who your audience is but any idea how do you handle this two hr course if your range of experience is very wide?

Another words, will this be more geared toward novice traders if the majority of experience is this low?

The tennants of trading are what they are. Someone who has been trading 20 years might be missing those as much as a newer trader. One segment I will spend some time on is looking behind the curtain. How do market makers operate. I've posted some of that here over the years but want experienced traders how to spot what they are doing and when they are doing it.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
I think a good point to bring up is the Darvas Box and heavy options activity and how MMs operate under those circumstances.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
third coast.. said:

Probably can't join in being on Singapore time and being so busy in the shipyard.
I think the forum will collectively agree that you should be given a pin code for the recording, so you may watch any dang time you want to.
Post removed:
by user
FishrCoAg
AG
boyz05 said:

oldarmy1 said:

A long time trading does not necessarily mean good experience or a lot of technical knowledge. (Speaking for myself)
oldarmy1
AG
Whoever Cooper is on here gets the medal for most organized and beautifully formatted response to the questions.

Well done!
Thundergon
You'd be far better off having someone like Ragoo, 59, or 30K take my spot, my friend.
Dan Scott
AG
I'm in. Taking the day off on the 29th
AgDad77
AG
Where were the questions we were supposed to have answered??
oldarmy1
AG
AgDad77 said:

Where were the questions we were supposed to have answered??
Platform(s) used
Permissions authorized: i.e. options, straight/covered/naked, hours of access (3am-7pm?)
Account balance estimate being used for trading *Remember I began with $250, so no judging or sharing of any of this information
Home City/State

Good niight!
E
AG
I just got an emailed receipt... will the pin codes follow at a later date or should I have gotten them already?
Brewmaster
AG
jayelbee said:

I stay away from the penny stocks having been burned by some pump and dumps when I was young and just starting out. I know OA has several that he likes to trade swings and accumulate net free shares, but that's one place I won't play.
You can always swing trade them like me and bank (aka sell) 100%. NAKD was the last one I traded, ACST and ONTX before that. I generally follow OA or the atlas guys and the volume does the rest of the magic. MBIO is about the smallest stock I want to hold at the moment. Maybe as my account grows I'll hold some net free ONTX one day. Don't get me wrong, I'm no pro at scalping pennies, but this seems to work for me.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Whoever Cooper is on here gets the medal for most organized and beautifully formatted response to the questions.

Well done!

wasn't me, but immediately made me think of this, lol. How did I miss the questions completely? I'll go back and look.
BobFriend13
AG
Years trading: started in October 2020
Platform(s) used: Charles Schwab. I don't know it off the top of my head.
Permissions authorized: I only trade stocks right know but I'd like to get into options.
Account balance estimate being used for trading: $8000
Home City/State: Lufkin, TX
MaroonDynasty
Is this the new stock pump meta?

astros4545
AG
MaroonDynasty said:

Is this the new stock pump meta?

I'm in awe of the genius stock manipulation there

Kudos for thinking outside of the box and inside the cage
Mr President Elect
AG
from the replies:
First Page Last Page
Page 2767 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.