Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,315 Views | 231641 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by ProgN
Colt98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kids have ira's and have filed a tax return since they were barely old enough to sign their name. I remember my son could only print his name the first year he signed his tax return. Kindergarten?? I can't remember
jwhitlock3
The one linked on the first page was written by Darrell R. Jobman, different than the one you posted. I'd love to find a copy as well, but they seem to be hard to find.

Edit: found it

https://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Technical-Analysis-Comprehensive-Analytical/dp/1557385971/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Darrell+r+jobman&qid=1610422318&s=books&sr=1-1
khaos288
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

The one linked on the first page was written by Darrell R. Jobman, different than the one you posted. I'd love to find a copy as well, but they seem to be hard to find.

My copy is going around, but it just got sent out. Doesn't take long to read/photocopy pieces you want to save.
Rice and Fries
ag94whoop said:

Any of you more experienced guys live in north dfw?
I'd love to start to learn more.

I've been more about acquiring acreage lots and ranch land as long term investments but just trying to learn the market. Not even gonna TRY options yet, just straight stock plays, swing style. Love to learn more from some of y'all that are successful with it.

I'm in north DFW, would love to arrange a meet up with y'all after COVID.
jwhitlock3
Well I hope it's worth buying because I just snagged a used copy from Amazon for $125. I figure if it's good, it's worth keeping on the shelf to reference. Good bull passing the copy around though, I like that idea a lot.
Decay
AG
Meet at Ikea for rancid meatballs and a wobbly CD rack
0708aggie
AG
Damn you I was just about to put that in my cart.

N Dallas as well
tlepoC
AG
OA is going to have a little army of regional investing clubs making bank and giving some back to the community.

Austin will need one as well.
0708aggie
AG
Found one. I'll let the board know when it's ready to pass on.
khaos288
AG
0708aggie said:

Damn you I was just about to put that in my cart.

N Dallas as well

McKinney here. Top golf is always good
0708aggie
AG
Slightly West of you
TheVarian
AG
Could you imagine if we all pooled our money?
tlepoC
AG
TheVarian said:

And let OA run it for us and not just strongly hinting at moves? Would save me from losing a portion on own dumbass ideas.
ag94whoop
AG
Denton here
Post removed:
by user
Brewmaster
AG
gig em 02 said:

BREwmaster said:

drred4 said:

What are the requirements for a Roth for a child. Someone told me they had to have income. I guess they were wrong. I would like to do this for my daughter. Please PM so to not derail the trades if anyone knows the specifics.
not derailing no worries... this is literally taken from Fidelity's website. "compensation" by the way can be anything, taking out the trash, helping dad or mom with the laundry.

Minors must have employment compensation.

Qualifying income can come from a job and/or self-employment such as babysitting, mowing lawns, or shoveling snow.

But is that "employment compensation"?
Yes, anything "earned income" qualifies (remedial chores at home even).

and for IRS purposes, you don't have to file a return for their "income" until you surpass these thresholds:
  • Your unearned income was over $1,100.
  • Your earned income was over $12,200.

TheVarian
AG
tlepoC said:

TheVarian said:

And let OA run it for us and not just strongly hinting at moves? Would save me from losing a portion on own dumbass ideas.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Rice and Fries said:

I've always associated NRD09 as Nard Dog 09, almost like a way more salesy/confident version of Andy from the office.

Lol I'm the least salesy person ever. The name is because I finally finished my Masters in Natural Resource Development (which they have since changed to a distance education program) in 09. Should have been 03 or 04 but i got sidetracked, regardless, 09 is what i had them put on my ring. I tried to change my handle once but i got banned for it! I may be eligible again...
Peter Klaven
AG
Very much a mere minnow, but I'm over in celina and top golf is always a good idea.
59 South
AG

Tough one to trade, but the writing is on the wall for 100-150 potential in the next year or two. I just keep accumulating shares under 30 and might just go in double or triple tier with a break of 30 with volume. I need an excuse to take some profits out of NIO and ROKU.
59 South
AG
NIO $64+
BrokeAssAggie
MBIO $4.50
gougler08
AG
ZOM cleared a dollar
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Look at those MAs converging. I wish I'd dumped some IRA money in it before yesterday. I'm in shares and $29 leaps on this one.
Rice and Fries
SPAC RUMOR MILL ALERT:

EV maker Lucid Motors is interested in going public and the reported partner is CCIV (Churchill Capital). This is one of the few that has the $$$ to handle the valuation.

Interesting because LUCID is already getting ready to sell its Sedan called the "Air" this year.
gig em 02
gougler08 said:

ZOM cleared a dollar

"Cleared a dollar"
tlepoC
AG
gig em 02 said:

gougler08 said:

ZOM cleared a dollar

"Cleared a dollar"

And I'm totally out at 1.2. plan on buying back in after a drop but who knows. Wish I had my net free sales back
gougler08
AG
So ROKU has to pull back a little bit at some point right?
gougler08
AG
gig em 02 said:

gougler08 said:

ZOM cleared a dollar

"Cleared a dollar"

It was $1.02 when I posted!
Rice and Fries
Sheldon Adelson passed away at 87
oldarmy1
AG
UBER broke that $55 resistance. Hold into open and it should run
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
In for 100, let's do this! If it runs hard I'll probably trim some as soon as i can keep a couple free shares and let it ride

Excited to see what Ttoo does today!
sts7049
AG
how long are you guys holding on to ZOM? i didn't get in early but not sure how long to hold on
oldarmy1
AG
You sell 50% when you can recapture your capital and leave the net free shares alone
Rice and Fries
sts7049 said:

how long are you guys holding on to ZOM? i didn't get in early but not sure how long to hold on

Many have been burned by this one several times. So either enough to get net free or just all out.
First Page Last Page
Page 2747 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.