Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,340 Views | 231642 Replies | Last: 13 sec ago by HoustonAg2014
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You are the man, OA!

I have a lot of financial goals. My #2 reason I want to have a lot of money(behind taking care of my family) is to be as charitable as you and do this type of thing whenever I want. God bless you.
oldarmy1
AG
Her follow on post had the magic word, "work". She was wiping snow off her car in a hurry to "get to work".

The "$200 isn't much but all I have" made it a no brainer.
Bird Poo
AG
Red ass.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Query

What is everyone's profession?

Background is agriculture/biotech. I work for a large (small industry, world leader in industry) ag operation overseeing analytics, planning, data management, replenishment, liaison to IT, etc., the technical/nerdy part of the sales wing. 6 years into career after graduate school.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
CastleRock said:

I do not wish to start a war here. Honestly seeking knowledge.

I have always been biased towards low cost index funds and time in market, specifically as it relates to retirement funds. I'm reading (for the first time) A Random Walk, which is obviously very critical of both technical and fundamental analysis.

Since this is the charts thread, in particular, the book systematically debunks every single technical analysis method, and goes on to explain why past price movements have zero relevance in predicting the future.

What is the scientifically/data supported response to this?

I have limited time to focus daily, so I almost exclusively sell Theta/Vega and actively follow this thread to try to glean some knowledge on more speculative trading. But, after seeing the literal millions of dollars in gains the last few months on various plays, I'm pretty confident it's not all random tea-leaf-reading bull***** There must be some truth to it. I'm going in on the mass-accumulation recommendations, either selling puts or going long shares. Made 7% last week, which is a **** ton for essentially just selling Theta.
Ag Maru
AG
Retired hospital staff pharmacist. A long time lurker of this thread. It has taught me a lot about trading and investing.
FJ43
_mpaul said:

Maedan86 said:

Manager in Data Science/Research

Very long time lurker on this thread and have learned a great deal. 2-3 years out from retirement. Don't do options, but have still done very well just trading the picks from this thread. Best thread on TexAgs.
How did you decide what to do and what not to do?
Morning....Many have and I believe you will find it helpful is to first begin with a paper trading account. Platforms like Thinkorswim offer it and its free. You are basically 'trading' with monopoly money until you have personal understanding, knowledge, etc. without putting real money at risk. Would suggest first putting some time into understanding technical analysis so you are not just flying blind. Then paper trade and once you build confidence and can 'see' what is being discussed it won't sound like Greek or feel like we each bought a magic crystal ball at the local witch store. You will know what you can or want to do then.

It will be like drinking through a firehose if you begin trying to implement all the strategies. You don't need to in order to begin. However I believe once you understand the core fundamentals it will click. There are a lot of very sharp, intelligent and proven people on this thread who trade and manage their assets. I am a sponge each day learning from them and a few key others. If I can do it I promise you anyone can.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

sts7049
AG
funny enough, i threw some money at ORRP a few years ago chasing penny stocks, and forgot about it. they changed themselves into ABML i think in 2018.

basically forgot all about it until recently the stock came alive and jumped over $1. now my position is up around 300%. i sold off a little to be net free on the rest so i'm hanging on to see what happens.
Madmarttigan
AG
Remember when it snowed 10-12 years ago in CS and I threw a snowball at my now wife, Aggie ring went flying through the air clinking through the parking lot.
Formerly tv1113
Post removed:
by user
FJ43
$BB - premarket at $8.25 if you are holding the Feb 7C
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BrokeAssAggie
Are you on wife 3 or 4 too?
FJ43
$GILD touching $64 premarket.

E
AG
ZOM reached .70 PM
FJ43
E said:

ZOM reached .70 PM
Touched $0.81. Not in it but was a while back.

gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

E said:

ZOM reached .70 PM

Have we figured out what is diving this run?
oldarmy1
AG
FJ43 said:

$BB - premarket at $8.25 if you are holding the Feb 7C

Take it at the open push
oldarmy1
AG
No but after sitting on all those shares it's nice to be net free +49%
FJ43
gougler08 said:

FJ43 said:

E said:

ZOM reached .70 PM

Have we figured out what is diving this run?
Named a new CEO about a week ago but that is all I have seen. He was interim CEO and made it formal.

gougler08
AG
Same here, seems crazy to have run so much just on appointing a CEO though

I'm net free so I'm going to hold and see what we can keep doing here
ProgN
0708aggie said:

What's the Board's thoughts on BBY?
I love BBY at $100 or better.
E
AG
I'm averaged in at $0.00 on Robinhood.... that's the ultimate net free right?? Really though I think it's around $.18
gougler08
AG
E said:

I'm averaged in at $0.00 on Robinhood.... that's the ultimate net free right?? Really though I think it's around $.18

Infinity ROI, well done
OutlawAG04
I am looking for a copy as well. Let me know what you find out
oldarmy1
AG
GILD +1.36
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

GILD +1.36
Was planning to trim the March 65s at open push.

Post removed:
by user
Ags2013
AG
Not having PHUN this morning
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

GILD +1.36

Let's go! I want to see $70 by Friday.
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Post removed:
by user
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Shhhhhh I was hoping to grab more calls on a flash down at an open.

Engine10
AG
Ags2013 said:

Not having PHUN this morning

This will be an interesting watch for opening volume. Went bonkers on Friday on the run up to $1.46. from this same level
McInnis 03
AG
FYI my IPOC options just converted to CLOV options this morning........could see activity there.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
First Page Last Page
Page 2737 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.