Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,002,891 Views | 231610 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't really post pictures but is XONE an example of the goalpost set up?
Formerly tv1113
McInnis 03
AG
Engine10 said:

Still plenty of time to sustain a move but $WWR has been stuck in a channel for a while (check the daily chart) and we're closing in on the expiration for the January monthly options. A lot of people chose to buy shares under $5 and sell the $5 covered calls to either lower entry price per share with received premium or get called away at $5. Others bought at or near $5 with same strategy.

The suggestion here from OA, if i'm reading right, is that someone may have an interest in forcing action on the Jan expiration $5 calls after we've been stuck for a while. There's always someone on the other side of the trade.

$5 covered call holders are in a pickle now - do you
(a) do nothing, and likely have your shares called away and but you keep the premium received for selling the calls. Also lock in a sale of your shares @ $5 or,
(b) buy back your calls, delivering value to the other side but you get to keep your shares.

C) roll the calls and play the game again next month
oldarmy1
AG
tv1113 said:

Pretty good and coming off first move out of consolidation.
FJ43
tv1113 said:

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
leoj
AG
Total speculative play that I missed the huge move so far in, AQMS. Debt free after moving past a fire at their plant and pivoting to a new asset-lite plan to license their new tech for lead recycling to manufacturers

Just search $aqms on Twitter, some others have better explanations and analysis. Going to start a position tomorrow.

Spaceship
AG
I'm riding IPOC hard into tomorrow and early next week
Bird Poo
AG
Spaceship said:

You mean CLOV?
Engine10
AG
McInnis 03
AG
Spaceship said:

I've got more butterflies than Moody Gardens just for this moment.

Come on catalyst!!
McInnis 03
AG
Bob Knights Paper Hands
tv1113 said:

Yes! My only concern is groups like ATLAS have been doing lots of pump and dumps recently. The best goal posts are when the price doesn't move as much during that 2nd goal post day.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

I'm gonna guess increased taxes for oil and gas, combustion engine automobiles, gun manufacturers, and small businesses? Elections have consequences.
backintexas2013
AG
Tax increases will be brought up later. This could really move the market tomorrow especially any kind of infrastructure plays.

Oops I am an idiot. Totally missed the tax part. Keeping it up to show my stupidity.
0708aggie
AG
Apple in the car game?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hyundai-motor-shares-surge-17-002847499.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9maW5hbmNlLnlhaG9vLmNvbS8_Z3VjY291bnRlcj0x&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANcZ2fXRlerEvEHlUPWIyOzvbXqsRNQgzbvQQov5rHyIG17WY9kyl_CX4c7qpiP4F2z-2m6-72weTWZVKcc9s5TRDLuezcz1mR2w_OD1Gm1XPdSL_n9F32M_p8rgm_d7zn9hyTZhqlJf5HscPsiSPiI25-t4zIXnDi0SrO_Zpdbu
backintexas2013
AG
I still believe student loan forgiveness will happen. If it does I think that helps the car industry.
Engine10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

2k checks and infra spend: SPX 4K sounds in range fast! Buy CX!

Tax Plan?: OAs SPY put hedges sounding pretty good
backintexas2013
AG
third coast.. said:

backintexas2013 said:

I still believe student loan forgiveness will happen. If it does I think that helps the car industry.
ive never seen what anyone proposes doing after student loans are forgiven. Are there just going to be no more student loans or are they just going to forgive them after someone takes them out? I know this isnt the politics board, but i have never figured out how this is a viable solution to anything.

One proposal is student loan forgiveness up to $50,000 for anyone who has them currently.

The reason I say car stocks is I doubt people will save the extra money. They will spend it. If their payment on loan was $500 a month I could see them rolling that into a nicer/newer car.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
backintexas2013 said:

Real estate and high-end consumer tech as well. Also even more RH tsla yolos.
backintexas2013
AG
Then they will get a bailout at some point too. Aspirin for a brain tumor is best example I can give.
Post removed:
by user
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Worse than that. Deleting debt just makes the next group even less responsible because they expect to get bailed out.
backintexas2013
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Worse than that. Deleting debt just makes the next group even less responsible because they expect to get bailed out.

What's the old saying something like "nothing is more permanent than a temporary government program"
backintexas2013
AG
BTC bouncing between 37,500 and 38,500. Will be interesting to see what it is in the morning.
canagian
AG
backintexas2013 said:

One proposal is student loan forgiveness up to $50,000 for anyone who has them currently.

Cool! Since I paid out of pocket for my 3 kids education without taking any loans, when can I expect my $50k rebate check??
gig em 02
third coast.. said:

i just cant fathom how none of these peple have thought to even attempt t address whatever the problem is, but i reckon i shouldnt be surprised.
To them it isn't a problem. Colleges are raking in billions in government subsidies. Colleges are run by liberal elitists.

Liberal elitists are using "loan forgiveness" in order to steal billions of dollars in tax money from corporations and the middle class and fill their pockets.

All part of the plan, the same plan that authoritarians have followed for eternity and will follow for eternity.
turfman80
AG
canagian said:

backintexas2013 said:

Cool! Since I paid out of pocket for my 3 kids education without taking any loans, when can I expect my $50k rebate check??
Exactly. It's bread and circus **** like these giveaways that will be the end of the country as we know it. RIP.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Post removed:
by user
zag213004
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Engine10 said:

Still plenty of time to sustain a move but $WWR has been stuck in a channel for a while (check the daily chart) and we're closing in on the expiration for the January monthly options. A lot of people chose to buy shares under $5 and sell the $5 covered calls to either lower entry price per share with received premium or get called away at $5. Others bought at or near $5 with same strategy.

The suggestion here from OA, if i'm reading right, is that someone may have an interest in forcing action on the Jan expiration $5 calls after we've been stuck for a while. There's always someone on the other side of the trade.

$5 covered call holders are in a pickle now - do you
(a) do nothing, and likely have your shares called away and but you keep the premium received for selling the calls. Also lock in a sale of your shares @ $5 or,
(b) buy back your calls, delivering value to the other side but you get to keep your shares.

C) roll the calls and play the game again next month

3rd of my shares are these 5c Jan covered calls. Would you roll the calls "up and out" or just "out".
CPDAggie10
AG
backintexas2013 said:

BTC bouncing between 37,500 and 38,500. Will be interesting to see what it is in the morning.

I added a small amount of BTC on this dip
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Honestly I might choose to just roll them out a month. Take the extra premium and watch to see if there is a dip that you could use to buy those back.

If you have CCs on all your shares or too many of them, you could roll some out and use that premium gain to pay for rolling the others up and out to $7.5 or $10.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Infrastructure stocks I'll review in the morning, potentially to buy shares and options: URI, CAT, MLM. They may have already made their move but if the 3T on infrastructure is blasted they might keep running. Also CX, because I just can't quit you.

Add in AAPL, AMZN, DRI, EAT, SBUX.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

What's the old saying something like "nothing is more permanent than a temporary government program"

Like the one-time illegal immigrant amnesty during Regan. That didn't fix anything, but rather paved a massive ****ing expressway for future illegal immigrants.
First Page Last Page
Page 2714 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.