Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,009,697 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by El_duderino
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cadet05 said:

Thanks for the info! I'm thinking about dipping my toes in the water on very small options trade position. This seems like a good one to start with since the board is following it pretty heavily

Buying options or selling covered calls?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

AgShaun00
AG
McInnis 03 said:

so I am a double in GBTC. #SHBWFM

Whoever brought this up, THANK you.
been great. up 230% and not net free yet. Sold 20% of mara yesterday to be net free and some. go in gbtc at 13.3 i wouldn't sell a share for a long while.
CPDAggie10
AG
FJ43 said:

Cadet05 said:

WWr
I hadn't decided yet and will see what the action looks like early today.

For me on the most recent share purchase with cost basis in the $4.80s/.90s, I really want to keep the shares but will part with them for a double+ within 40 days on the Feb calls so will take a lower premium on cost basis reduction and shorter timeline. I can always resell them again after expiration. If I was north of $5 on costs basis I would probably sell the $7.50s.

I will also look at the May 12.50s since those are juiced up a bit. If they got called away in May for $12.50 plus the premium having a cost basis below $5 and getting $13.50+ isn't anything to sneeze at..

Chances are pretty high the 10s and 12s expire worthless and I keep the shares.

Edit: I will see if we get some buying action mirroring premarket to get the share price to $5.30s+ before selling calls most likely. Maximize it as much as possible.
Just to clarify, you are talking about the $10 Feb calls for the shares bought yesterday?
khaos288
AG
Boys, I'm going to need more coffee. I just looked at my YTD profit numbers, and had a mini heart attack....

....it's a new year.
FJ43
CPDAggie10 said:

FJ43 said:

Cadet05 said:

WWr
I hadn't decided yet and will see what the action looks like early today.

For me on the most recent share purchase with cost basis in the $4.80s/.90s, I really want to keep the shares but will part with them for a double+ within 40 days on the Feb calls so will take a lower premium on cost basis reduction and shorter timeline. I can always resell them again after expiration. If I was north of $5 on costs basis I would probably sell the $7.50s.

I will also look at the May 12.50s since those are juiced up a bit. If they got called away in May for $12.50 plus the premium having a cost basis below $5 and getting $13.50+ isn't anything to sneeze at..

Chances are pretty high the 10s and 12s expire worthless and I keep the shares.

Edit: I will see if we get some buying action mirroring premarket to get the share price to $5.30s+ before selling calls most likely. Maximize it as much as possible.
Just to clarify, you are talking about the $10 Feb calls for the shares bought yesterday?
Yep
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Mister Cooper
AG
Took TSM calls off at $4.50 as specified. Didn't want to get greedy with these, might see if it drops any before 1/29 expiration to buy back in.
Cadet05
AG
Covered calls
zag213004
AG
Target on NET calls 2?
FJ43
Cadet05 said:

Covered calls
Some volume is coming in so you may get a little bump in premiums.

CPDAggie10
AG
maroon19 said:

Took TSM calls off at $4.50 as specified. Didn't want to get greedy with these, might see if it drops any before 1/29 expiration to buy back in.
Same. Got lucky with fills at $4.75. Wish I had the Feb calls. Missed out on those yesterday, but will look for entry if it presents itself.
oldarmy1
AG
NET launch
Cartographer
ONTX offering right on schedule
oldarmy1
AG
Yes....another seminar wealth builder. SELL THE OPEN!
ProgN
When you have a chance, look at GBT and give me your opinion. TIA
Whitehouse Road
AG
Goodness. Everything launching right now.
Post removed:
by user
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Was really wanting to get into MVIS yesterday after I saw Stewie's tweet, was thinking selling put. After OA commented, I'm long shares and waiting for the premium to run a bit before selling calls. Thinking the May $9, but I like trading so might sell the Feb and hope I can roll it up and out every month.

Thanks for your insight, OA!

Thoughts on my strategy?
gougler08
AG
You can sell Feb $25 MARA calls for over $4 right now...I'd take a $29 and change exit point on my $3.50 cost basis
Esteban du Plantier
AG
third coast.. said:

pretty sure fidelity has limited the amount of option trades i am allowed to make. I keep getting told i have exceeded my options limits.

Are you pattern day trade? If not, you only get 3 day trades a week. And if you sell an option, that money might not be immediately available to trade options with.
gig em 02
Side note for noobs like me - when a sector is getting a lot of chatter like banks were recently I like to get options in the etf, not quite as volatile as the individual stocks so your returns aren't the same but the dips aren't as painful either
CPDAggie10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

you talking ONTX?
McKinney Ag69
AG
I really like FUBO to have a reversal like MVIS.
Mister Cooper
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

oldarmy1 said:

you talking ONTX?
The one that comes to mind is TSM. Flashed up close to $120 and sold off hard in the first 15 minutes
ProgN
third coast.. said:

pretty sure fidelity has limited the amount of option trades i am allowed to make. I keep getting told i have exceeded my options limits.

If you ever open another account, inflate your liquid net worth figures. Also, check speculative and aggressive, as well as your options knowledge. You don't have to use it but it will remove most restrictions that firms place on you. By checking that, it protects the firm from being sued if you lost all your money.
0708aggie
AG
What are we doing with these 2/19 NET 100 calls? Basis 1.39, currently 1.70. What was target?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
third coast.. said:

it wont let me sell CC on a couple of stocks but it let me put in an order to sell puts. Maybe buying a stock and then selling CC counts as a day trade?

Buy shares and immediately selling a call is called buy/write, not considered a day trade.

I've done buy/write on plenty of stuff in my fidelity retirement account on same-day deposits, so it should work.

Dumb question, but you do have 100 shares right?
cisgenderedAggie
third coast.. said:

it wont let me sell CC on a couple of stocks but it let me put in an order to sell puts. Maybe buying a stock and then selling CC counts as a day trade?

Also check that you don't have a standing order for the shares you have to cover. I've had this issue arise with Fidelity when I have standing orders related to my option plays that I've forgotten about. Usually a sell order at an exit point or a BTC to buy back cheap before expiry.
wanderer
I'm bullish on ROKU, but I was just able to sell a 2/19 535 call for $3. That's nearly a 50% increase from the current stock price.
2percent
AG
is anyone Bullish on syringe manufactures right now. Starting some research now but wondering if anybody has looked at some of them?
zag213004
AG
0708aggie said:

What are we doing with these 2/19 NET 100 calls? Basis 1.39, currently 1.70. What was target?

From OA1 twitter sell no more than 35% at 2.5 and hold the rest. Smaller holders just ride it out. Chart is golden (to paraphrase)
0708aggie
AG
TWTR back green. Let's run MOFO
Esteban du Plantier
AG
2percent said:

is anyone Bullish on syringe manufactures right now. Starting some research now but wondering if anybody has looked at some of them?

I feel like that would be baked in. A vaccine being eventually available requiring billions of syringes wasn't exactly a secret.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROKU +8.45%
First Page Last Page
Page 2701 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.