Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,075,867 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
Post removed:
by user
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
third coast.. said:

i cant speak to that stock in particular, but i and everyone else i know in the industry, stays far far away from shipping stocks. There are SO MANY shell games in shipping and so much craziness in the industry that i just dont trust anyone or anything in the industry. Even the big players like Maersk are rife with issues. Just my opinion and some insight from what i have seen and heard globetrotting over the last decade.

Thanks! Really appreciate the input and insight.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
Btc crashing a bit. 27.9k
Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

Btc crashing a bit. 27.9k

Back up above $30K. Time to dust off the old DOW 30K hat and scratch out DOW to replace with BTC
FJ43
BoneAg said:

hey all, love this thread, thanks to all who put in the time and effort to educate! personally, i've added writing cash-covered puts and selling covered calls to my toolset. now trying to learn how to identify potential entrance points on long equity purchases based on volumes.

can i get a little help with regards to $FVRR? i'm not understanding the doji volume bar just after the close on Thursday when looking at the 1m chart below. when i look at the 5m chart below, that volume bar goes red and i'm not sure why. also, the minute prior is a good size lot relative to the rest of the week on the 1m, but when looking at the 5m chart, the lot sizes right at close on Thursday are only incrementally larger than the opening lots sold on Monday.

i'm wondering is this just indicating further support for the $191 mark or is it a potential indicator of a run? or perhaps it's meaningless because of the end of year selling? thoughts?

The large spike on the 1 Min you see at the close I have been told could be trade blocks from earlier in the trade day but not reported until close. You may drive yourself crazy looking at 1 Min and 5 Min charts unless you are watching for an intraday entry (should still have a target support entry), volume spike intraday or are scalping profits on quick trades.

If your objective is to look at entry points on long positions I would suggest backing up to daily candles and volumes for support levels and where the stock is on the 8, 21 & 50 day trend, ATR, etc.. As an example FVRR is close to its average 8 month volume so it isn't seeing a large increase. It has recently lost its 8 & 21 day support 4 of the last 5 days and below ATR for the first time since earlier November and currently closed below all of them. It is holding the 50 day. If you are going long I personally would wait for it to confirm the 8/21 and not have it break down further. While the overall 8 month trend has been solid, if it loses $194ish then you have $187 then $177. Maybe it reclaims those early today but if I am long I prefer to see the day close with support.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

$KO Coca Cola is going to quietly take out the pre-pandemic highs. Daily/Weekly squeeze. About to fire long from the looks of it. Recent volume has been pretty good. Maybe Warren Buffet will be proud of me.

Definitely not arguing, but those last three volume spikes seem to fall on red candles. Does that mean anything? Maybe if I look on shorter time frequency I'll see the real volume is buyers coming in when the price dios?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
GILD gang - premarket price peaked above the 21ema. For those that cost averaged down late last week do you sell some of the 1/15s here to take some risk off or hold all? I'm planning to hold all my 1/22s until at least Wednesday.
McInnis 03
AG
FUBO gapping up slightly with the Thursday 28 close, looking at low 29's this A.M.
backintexas2013
AG
So usually this time of year I hate the gym because of the crowds. So far there have been no crowds at all. So either losing weight is no longer a New Years resolution, which I doubt, or people are staying away from the gym and doing home exercise.

So other than PTON what are the other stocks that specialize in home fitness that people here like?
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

GILD gang - premarket price peaked above the 21ema. For those that cost averaged down late last week do you sell some of the 1/15s here to take some risk off or hold all? I'm planning to hold all my 1/22s until at least Wednesday.
I sold a small group at the peak at the close Thursday from the buy downs. My new cost basis is less than $1 now but holding majority. I am in the 1/15s. Will try and maximize upside from here.

Bulldog73
AG
Actually, I saw there was a study conducted that 2021 is the first year that getting in shape isn't the #1 New Year Resolution, but financial stability is. Who knows how related they are, but I found that pertinent in this discussion.
Post removed:
by user
Ranger222
AG
I would be extremely cautious on FUBO, have seen this name a lot here. Personally I am not touching that name -- there are plenty of other stocks to play. The Risk associated with the stock strongly needs to be considered along with the potential reward.
gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

$SFL

Anyone have a line on this one? I am not entering this one now but have it on my watch list. Not in tune with the industry but bet someone here is.

Hit at start of COVID but hard for me to ignore the volume the past month with more than double the previous 8 months. Coming off long term low and would like to see support back to $8 range. Was running in the $14-15 range pre COVID. If it regains the 21 day I may begin a starter position and manage with a stop. Or...May 7.50s at B/A of .25/.35 Risk/reward may be worth a play for me if it does.

SFL Corporation
Tankers/Dry Bulk,/Liners/Offshore
Profitable
$200M+ Cash
60+ QTRs dividend payments. Dividend for 2020 will be about $0.80 share. Previous years north of $1.40 share.

I like this setup for a longer term hold...going to look to enter in the non-taxable account. Good find
McInnis 03
AG
$STM

Been watching this one for about a week. It finally went into the gap.....if it can hold this area on the opening, and stay above $38.....it has room to $40.21 eventually if not even more on a full gap fill.
Ajollyag
Ranger222 said:

I would be extremely cautious on FUBO, have seen this name a lot here. Personally I am not touching that name -- there are plenty of other stocks to play. The Risk associated with the stock strongly needs to be considered along with the potential reward.
I think people need to take into account that its main market is sports. 1) If there is to be another expected shut down, people will be dropping FuboTV left and right. 2) You also have to figure that when a person's favorite sport to watch has finished their season, some will drop the subscription all together, how many people are keeping their subscriptions year round.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
QD looking to open around $1.40. I loaded up at the 50% retracement last Wednesday after the big move Tuesday. I bought additional shares as well as cheap 6/18 $2 calls. I'll be looking to sell some of those calls back at the open if we get back to $0.40 to go net free on those. Then I'll hold the remaining calls and my shares to see if we can run up to that 200 ema again like we did in July.
Ajollyag
anybody else having problems with Fidelity ATP? Pre market wasnt working this morning.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Mine has been working. Did you restart program and reboot your computer?
FJ43
Trimmed 1/3 of Net Free FUTU 1/15 55c for 3X

McInnis 03
AG
went SHOP 1110p's at the open.....flushing.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

went SHOP 1110p's at the open.....flushing.
Dan's seems focused on it this morning.

McInnis 03
AG
This is exceeding expectation.
Brewmaster
AG
Ranger222 said:

yep, I'm out this morning. I need to protect profits on it and if I want to play it again I will wait for the bottom. This action after the open is not good!
Spaceship
AG
In EQOS at $17.00
gougler08
AG
Ajollyag said:

anybody else having problems with Fidelity ATP? Pre market wasnt working this morning.
How do you do pre/after market on ATP? I only started using it a few weeks ago and haven't figured this part out...
Harkrider 93
AG
Magee, who co-authored "Technical Analysis of Stock Trends", has written "An investor's New Year's Resolutions" that I think most will like to employ.

1) I will not alienate my friends and antagonize my family by reminding the world on every possible
occasion how right I was about the upturn or downturn in steels, motors, airlines, or whatever.
2) When I buy a stock, I will not mobilize all the good news to make it look pretty. I will try to
consider both the favorable and unfavorable angles as impartially as I know how.
3) I will not close out a stock position that is doing well by me for no other reason than I have a
profit. I will not cut my gains in a good position.
4) I will not hang on to a stock that is persistently going against me. I will limit my loss and will
close out any positions that seem to have gone bad before really badly before I am in danger of serious
trouble.
5) I will not be swayed, or panicked, by news flashed, rumors, tips, or well-meaning advice.
6) I will not put all my eggs in one basket, nor will I be swept off my feet to plunge into into some
unknown or low-priced stock on a particularly emotional basis.
7) I will not attempt to tell the market what a stock ought to be worth. I will try to understand
what the market has to tell me about what people are willing to pay for it.
8) I will never forget that I am not in the market primarily to prove to my stockbroker, my friends,
my wife, etc. that I am smarter than everybody else, but to protect and if possible to augment my
capital.
Harkrider 93
AG
$GOCO!!
gougler08
AG
MGNI filled the gap down and also seems to have fallen out of the flag/pennant it was in, may come back down to earth some more here
zag213004
AG
Come on AMD!
TxAG#2011
Tesla. Thank you Elon
McInnis 03
AG
NVDA is breaking hard, don't chase, but I'm watching the daily, 2D, 3D, 4D, and Weekly squeeze. If they fire, this could be an extended run.
ClutchCityAg
COTY
FJ43
ClutchCityAg said:

COTY
$6.74 from 12/22 is major support level. Same place it flashed to today. I added more shares at $6.80 and will again if it tests $6.74 again and bounces.

McInnis 03
AG
Raise your hand if you sold GOCO $15 CC's thinking "meh, free money"
First Page Last Page
Page 2673 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.