Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,029,704 Views | 231617 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by Quacked
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie first. Always.

Was royally pissed about the playoff snub.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
My 2021 resolution is to play a little bit bigger on each trade.
Bulldog73
AG
Mine is to figure out what the heck all these abbreviations and short hand means. I keep seeing .56 on GILD and I'm baffled because I see nothing that looks like that.
khaos288
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Mine is to figure out what the heck all these abbreviations and short hand means. I keep seeing .56 on GILD and I'm baffled because I see nothing that looks like that.

That's the price for a call contract on 1/15 expirations for the GILD stock at a 60$ strike price
cgh1999
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

My 2021 resolution is to play a little bit bigger on each trade.

The vast majority of my investment account are in long term plays. Up until the last few plays (MGNI, MARA, WWR, MBIO), I've limited my risk to $1000. As I upped my risk, I've upped the reward. Will try to keep that up in 2021.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I normally do <1%, I think I want to average 2%
backintexas2013
AG
For BTC followers do you expect any sort of pullback? I just have some money that is going to be paid to me in Bitcoin. No hurry to be paid. Should I wait or just do it now?
backintexas2013
AG
What are your thought on possible GILD buyout? Does today strengthen those thoughts?
backintexas2013 said:

What are your thought on possible GILD buyout? Does today strengthen those thoughts?

There's a lot of chatter, but as OA mentioned a few pages back, you'd expect at least triple the average volume due to insiders trading shares.

I do know that their CEO leads off a big pharma conference on 1/11. I do believe they are a buyout target based on their price. Early next week (Monday-Tuesday trading) will be a great signal of what is to come
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
PS - camp chef has been great. Hopefully I don't f it up.

BrokeAssAggie
I would pull before 203
hungry panda
CrazyRichAggie said:

I would pull before 203

I am not usually one to tell another man what to do with his meat, but I do agree here. Better to pull it out too early than too late.
Decay
AG
backintexas2013 said:

For BTC followers do you expect any sort of pullback? I just have some money that is going to be paid to me in Bitcoin. No hurry to be paid. Should I wait or just do it now?

Feel free to try to snipe a dip but I don't see people getting out significantly for now. Don't ask me about two weeks from now bit I think you're okay to go. Damn thing could be 33k by Monday.
Decay said:

backintexas2013 said:

Feel free to try to snipe a dip but I don't see people getting out significantly for now. Don't ask me about two weeks from now bit I think you're okay to go. Damn thing could be 33k by Monday.

Agreed. I just added another 10K to the 28.9 level here on BTC.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am going to pull at 198 or so
BrokeAssAggie

Start probing around 192ish. If it feels like your sticking it through butter or peanut butter than it's done.
jwhitlock3
CrazyRichAggie said:

Start probing around 192ish. If it feels like your sticking it through butter or peanut butter than it's done.

Agreed, temp is only gonna tell you when to start probing but pull it based on feel. It flys in the face of normal thinking but if you pull too early it will be dry, that fat needs to break down and depending on the brisket sometimes thats 198 and sometimes its 206. Then wrap it and give it time to rest and cut against the grain, 3 best tips I got.
Cartographer
hungry panda said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

I would pull before 203

I am not usually one to tell another man what to do with his meat, but I do agree here. Better to pull it out too early than too late.

This is just fantastic advice. For many arenas.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
panduh bear said:

hungry panda said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

I would pull before 203

This is just fantastic advice. For many arenas.
McInnis 03
rgaeke
backintexas2013 said:

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Turned out OK. I over salted it though.
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
third coast.. said:

Bulldog73 said:

Here. I'm just trying to unlock the language before unlocking my bank account.
what do you need help with?
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
third coast.. said:

Well I'm doing everything on mobile for the most part so I can't really look at 2 things at once. Now that I have a basic understanding of covered calls and selling puts, I am trying to watch the trades talked about but a lot of times I cant figure out what date is being talked about, and like bulldog said sometimes it is hard to decipher what price everyone is referring to. I recently got my fidelity account approved for basic options but the layout is miserable to navigate imo so really its just trying to piece it all together. I'll be quarantined in a hotel for the next two weeks and I was hoping to sit down and try and focus a lot more during that time. Then everyone is talking about call spreads, for instance you mentioned a vertical and also selling puts and buying calls, which no matter what would be above my pay grade right now, but I'd still like to understand the principle of the action.

My fidelity account won't let me sell any puts though and I wanted to give that a whirl on a stock I wouldn't mind buying, so I'll have to sort that out over the phone anyways.

Tldr - just trying to put the puzzle together.
if you are using mobile only I would open a think or swim account with TD Ameritrade. It is much more simple to view. I will also "simulate" a trade then execute it in fidelity where my money is sitting.

Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
I try not to buy single options. I try and stick to spreads. Buy a call while selling a call. I do this because if I want to trade a ticker with high implied volatility I am buying the IV and also selling the IV.
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
No because I am not trying to chase

Edit: yes ThinkorSwim is on PC too. Easy download and install.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
Shouldn't need to fund it. I currently have $0 in there.

Note: by simulate I mean I set the trade up using TOS app because it is quick and easy. Then I go into my Fidelity Active Trade Pro PC app and execute the trade.

If you are going to use Fidelity Active Trader Pro is necessary.
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
third coast.. said:

I get that. I was under the impression that a lot of the option proces are much more volatile than the stock price so if you are unable to execute a trade quickly then you end up missing a lot of upside.
the option price is more volatile on a percentage basis. The price moves based on the delta, and how quickly that delta changes is based on the gamma. You should be trading options out 2 weeks to 30 days so that minute to minute changes in the ticker don't affect much.

More nuanced than that.

More here are looking for indicators and when the set up looks good they are purchasing options or shares to capitalize on a likely move in a direction. You need to be buying enough time on the contract for that move to happen.
First Page Last Page
Page 2667 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.