Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,031,694 Views | 231622 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Talon2DSO
jeromePOWell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welcome volatility which is helping me recover from probably my worst day of trading in my life lol... Let's just say I really liked AMD this week
Tumble Weed
KT 90 said:

Question for the board, several folks have mentioned cashing out or at least going to a higher % of cash due to upcoming uncertainly. When you do this, do you mean literally everything? Even mass accumulation type stocks (OA type picks)? Or are you just dropping your medium to longer term type holdings?

I am using a retirement account, if that affects the answer. It's small (minnow) account compared to most on this board, but I'm learning things and getting better. Mostly curious as to strategies/thoughts here. May look to get a non-retirement account going soon, as this one has very limited options ability and I'd like to dabble in that a bit as well.

Thanks!

My retirement accounts are still in the market. I am 45 and will continue to buy for the next 20 years, unless I get to retire early.

I cashed out of my trading account because I needed the funds as early as next month. I would have rather kept the stocks, but 2020 hasn't been kind. One kid is about to get married.

Side note: giving your daughter away in marriage is akin to giving a silver back gorilla a Stradivarius.
ClutchCityAg

Let it ride
FJ43
KT 90 said:

Question for the board, several folks have mentioned cashing out or at least going to a higher % of cash due to upcoming uncertainly. When you do this, do you mean literally everything? Even mass accumulation type stocks (OA type picks)? Or are you just dropping your medium to longer term type holdings?

I am using a retirement account, if that affects the answer. It's small (minnow) account compared to most on this board, but I'm learning things and getting better. Mostly curious as to strategies/thoughts here. May look to get a non-retirement account going soon, as this one has very limited options ability and I'd like to dabble in that a bit as well.

Thanks!

Personally here is sort of a brief synopsis of what I have done:

• Reduced number of active stock trades into cash position.
  • Remaining short or mid term stock trades open I have trimmed at profit levels into cash position.
  • Accumulation plays remain but more disciplined with share adds (not that I shouldn't always be).
  • Longs remain.
  • More active in options trades vs shares near term.
  • Cash % in taxable account at 50%
  • Cash position in tax deferred at 20% - primarily long

Hope that helps
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Spaceship
AG
Anyone still in on TSNP? It's been on such a tear lately and apparently the conference call tonight was impressive for their future.
Baby Billy
AG
Prognightmare said:

17 states tell Supreme Court they support Texas bid to reverse Biden win

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/09/states-tell-supreme-court-they-support-texas-bid-to-reverse-biden-win.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

This is now f'ing real folks

I'm a huge conservative, and think this is just delaying the inevitable. The election was rigged, and anyone with a brain knows it. But there will never be enough to reverse a decision. Just not going to happen.
satexas
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

did yall see what this GLSI stock did today??

my buddy said their sister company SLS(also up huge today) is announcing some test result friday and its will do something similar.

anyone know anything? I think this is up rangers alley.

DUDE, that SLS tip is/was *GOLD*.

As soon as I read this I peeked at it, and it was already up. I put 4k on it, and instantly made $1500 within 90 minutes. Geez.

Waiting to see what happens tomorrow, hoping for a rocketship.
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Wonder if this could be a pitbull low or a shakeout of some kind.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I would like to think so. Lots of folks were shaken out today that's for sure.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

irish pete ag06
AG
Spaceship said:

Anyone still in on TSNP? It's been on such a tear lately and apparently the conference call tonight was impressive for their future.

Wish I had more.
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I would like to think so. Lots of folks were shaken out today that's for sure.

FJ43
So after today's total whiff on going net free with CIDM, all by not being able to trade at 4am EST, I took OA's advice and established an IBKR Pro account. Just do the math on $1.44 exit to be net free compared to where it closed around $0.90. Over 50% swing I could have caught and 'planted' those shares as OA says. I took a minute to reflect if that was a one off and the answer was nope. Multiple times the target exit was before I could trade.

So for me is wasn't rocket science that if I am going to try and be a more active trader I should probably at least have a platform that helps compensate for my shortcomings. I don't even come close to understanding this game but some things just make sense.

PS - I will keep using TDA/TOS until I am comfortable with IBKR then will begin to transfer my activities over.

zag213004
AG
FJ43 said:

So after today's total whiff on going net free with CIDM, all by not being able to trade at 4am EST, I took OA's advice and established an IBKR Pro account. Just do the math on $1.44 exit to be net free compared to where it closed around $0.90. Over 50% swing I could have caught and 'planted' those shares as OA says. I took a minute to reflect if that was a one off and the answer was nope. Multiple times the target exit was before I could trade.

So for me is wasn't rocket science that if I am going to try and be a more active trader I should probably at least have a platform that helps compensate for my shortcomings. I don't even come close to understanding this game but some things just make sense.

PS - I will keep using TDA/TOS until I am comfortable with IBKR then will begin to transfer my activities over.

I couldn't find the price differences or stipulations of a pro acct vs lite acct vs TDA/TOS. What differences are there?
FJ43
zwhag2010 said:

FJ43 said:

I couldn't find the price differences or stipulations of a pro acct vs lite acct vs TDA/TOS. What differences are there?
Well for starters the Lite you are not solving the issue of being able to trade before 7am. Pro allows that where Lite is like everyone else. Also Pro you will pick fixed or tiered for pricing but there are 'free' trades on ETFs. Look at Pricing and then Fixed or Tiered. Most of the fees are similar with a few exceptions. Also Pro does provide a list of features Lite doesn't.

Minimum balance is $0 and Maintenance fee could be up to $10 a month.

McInnis 03
AG
Did I miss the FTC story suing to breakup Facebook???
gigemJTH12
AG
satexas said:

gigemJTH12 said:

my buddy said their sister company SLS(also up huge today) is announcing some test result friday and its will do something similar.

As soon as I read this I peeked at it, and it was already up. I put 4k on it, and instantly made $1500 within 90 minutes. Geez.

I made two people good money on this but didnt buy it myself
aggies4life
AG
Do you know if you can still trade your stocks while they are in the transfer from one broker to another?

The interactive brokers margin pricing looks great!
FJ43
aggies4life said:

Do you know if you can still trade your stocks while they are in the transfer from one broker to another?

This is from the IBKR transfer section. Will be transferred via ACATS and can take 4 to 8 business days depending on unsettled funds, options expiration dates, etc.

"Please note that brokers generally freeze the account during this period to ensure an accurate snapshot of assets to transfer and may restrict the transfer of option positions during the week prior to expiration."

I sure everyone might take a different approach if you are looking for a platform like this, but once the cash is funded in the IBKR account I'll begin using the platform. Then once I get comfortable with it I'll move stocks over beginning with the net free then long term. May let the mid and short term play out where they are. Not exactly sure yet other than begin getting familiar with the new broker, their customer service, trading, charts, etc.

spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

aggies4life said:

This is from the IBKR transfer section. Will be transferred via ACATS and can take 4 to 8 business days depending on unsettled funds, options expiration dates, etc.

"Please note that brokers generally freeze the account during this period to ensure an accurate snapshot of assets to transfer and may restrict the transfer of option positions during the week prior to expiration."
I transferred mine from Robinhood after the March disaster. It took on the lower end of the range above.
backintexas2013
AG
I think MARA was way oversold considering Bitcoin rebound. Bought some Dec 18 $5c before close let's see but I could see it running.

I have been on a cold streak in options so be careful.
Slappy007
AG
PRSP's chart is getting pretty tight. Should see a break soon. Anyone else taking a position?
cptthunder
Slappy007 said:

PRSP's chart is getting pretty tight. Should see a break soon. Anyone else taking a position?

Looks pretty good to me, gonna keep an eye on this one at the open tomorrow and probably grab some 25c for either Dec or Jan depending on macro market
Shoot the price of the Dec 25c @0.16 looks like a why not kinda bet
cptthunder
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Tomorrow could be rough unless ECB and 3AM magic happens.

badharambe
AG
I don't trust pretty trades like that. I'd love to catch some if it dipped to the next SMA tho, which is it?
cptthunder
gigemJTH12 said:

satexas said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I really don't want to spook it so I'll just say I owe you a drink sometime for this one
E
AG
Everything is red
trip98
AG
cptthunder said:

gigemJTH12 said:

satexas said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I really don't want to spook it so I'll just say I owe you a drink sometime for this one

X2
Baby Billy
AG
E said:

Everything is red

Not BUD. I took out a second mortgage to buy it in the mid 30's earlier this year
Spaceship
AG
corndog04
AG
Updated TSA passenger counts for 2020 vs 2019. I turned airline shorts back on yesterday after the recent runup and after seeing Monday's passenger counts being worst relative day in 3 months.

FJ43
Qs just below yesterday's lows premarket and SPY bouncing off yesterday's low. VIX rising.

Going down more now and VIX really rising. Will be interesting day.

Hondo.
historyrepeats said:

FJ43 said:

MBIO big money had enough. 130k share buy followed by a 60k on the 1 Minute.
OA to the rescue
What happened to MBIO?
It was 3.26+ a couple days ago, dropped to 2.88!
gougler08
AG
oproot said:

historyrepeats said:

FJ43 said:

MBIO big money had enough. 130k share buy followed by a 60k on the 1 Minute.
OA to the rescue
What happened to MBIO?
It was 3.26+ a couple days ago, dropped to 2.88!

It was at almost $4 and the bottom fell out earlier this week
satexas
AG
cptthunder said:

gigemJTH12 said:

satexas said:

gigemJTH12 said:

The way this is going, even with my stop-market, we owe him a whole damn week of drinks.
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
First Page Last Page
Page 2570 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.