Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,036,474 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggies4life said:

Do many here use interactive brokers? A quick look at it seems they have real good margin rates compared to td, fidelity etc. I assume this would be the main reason to use them?
I use them and really liked them until they went down yesterday morning. I like their charts and they have lots of tools that I don't yet know how to use. I also have smaller accounts in Etrade and TDA, but prefer Interactive brokers over those.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

it won't matter one bit - all that happened on the PA case is no "immediate relief". The PA case is still on and will still be heard by the Supreme Court.

I do think the Texas case will be a humdinger, could have 8 or more states by tomorrow join in.

I don't think these effect markets, unless you see someone go to jail or some big news like that hit. BUT we're also near 3740, which is where Adam Mancini (and some others) have pegged as a potential top. We're overdo for a pullback - I bet a small one, like 5% I think.
Thanks Brew and agree. I also think the Texas case will be the one with teeth and that some degree of traction may happen.

I've just been trading what the charts say each day and to some degree much of these things I believe are priced in. However this has been a weird year and election season so being on our toes is prudent with the potential volatility on top of being at 3740.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
Net free on CIDM! Awesome early open fills at $1.34. Hit a high just above that after punching through my 100k share sell.

Good night!
FJ43
TxAggie-12 said:

FJ43 said:

TxAggie-12 said:

FJ43 said:

TxAggie-12 said:

Would any of you more skilled technical guys mind sharing your thoughts on this setup?

FNKO - IMO it looks ready to pop if any big volumes come in and it holds $11 area. Bounced off previous $9.86 resistance and headed to $11 area, pull back to $10.67 area and bounced off that support, made new high above yesterday's breakout, hovering around $11 area at the moment. After making its move back to $11 area, the pull back/red candles all had lower volumes.

I like this ones action right now. Long cup back to February and resting above that break. Friday's volume was really solid and today again. It Model T'd at the open nicely and consolidating intraday today.

Has a big gap fill for about $4 now to get to about $15 again. Also has a decent options chain so may take an options play with any pull back intraday today.
Appreciate the input. I was watching that model T real time this morning. What options are you looking at? Mind sharing your thought process on how you choose the strike and expiration? I bought the Feb $15 calls this morning at the $9.80 support area, avg entry $0.50. In hind sight I probably should have gone with $12.50. I struggle with picking the best strike price and expiration month. My thought for the $15 strike price was based on the gap down in Feb. Need to travel quite a bit to fill it. My position is small.
Checked back on this late today and you may have begun that consolidation channel. Day 2 after the quick rise.
It is sitting right in the middle of the channel which shows up nicely on the weekly chart.

Here is a quick chart of what I am seeing and apologize for the mess. This is a 10 day hourly just to show some granularity. Will it continue to consolidate and form the handle out and make its next move to try and gap fill to $15.50? It has been in an ascending consolidating channel for about 5 months and broke out a bit. Looks like its now digesting that move. Don't know for sure but has goal posts in July and a few days ago of about 4M shares on those posts so the set up looks good to me anyway and if it breaks through the flag could be a nice play IMO.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Spaceship
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Net free on CIDM! Awesome early open fills at $1.34. Hit a high just above that after punching through my 100k share sell.

Good night!

Master of his craft
Running with the Bulls
oldarmy1 said:

Good night!
Net free overnight as well here! Thanks again OA!
wanderer
oldarmy1 said:

Good night!

I have my net free sell at $1.37 but it hasn't gone through. Let's hope for some follow though on the piece this morning.

I have it sell to GTC+ext, is that not the same as what you're calling 'early trading'? Makes me ask since I don't ever see the price jumping over $1.30 on the pre-market chart.
FJ43
wanderer said:

oldarmy1 said:

Good night!

I have my net free sell at $1.37 but it hasn't gone through. Let's hope for some follow though on the piece this morning.

I have it sell to GTC+ext, is that not the same as what you're calling 'early trading'? Makes me ask since I don't ever see the price jumping over $1.30 on the pre-market chart.
If you are on TDA/Thinkorswim the GTC+EXT will be from 7AM until 8PM EST. TDA/TOS you can trade certain ETFs and Futures 24/5 though. He is referring to 4AM-7AM EST as early open fills.

If on TOS it will show as EXTO on the time the trade is good for if available to trade before 7AM EST.

wanderer
Gotcha, thanks.

Yes I use ToS and just always use +ext, have never seen 'exto'. I'll have to look into that.

Their site says the following: The list of available securities now includes FXI, SPY, EEM, GLD, SLV, DIA, UNG, TLT, IWM, QQQ, USO, SH, RWM, PSQ, AGG, DOG, EWA, EFA, EWJ, IJH, VTI, XLF, XLE, and XLK.

Seems pretty limited on what is actually eligible for 24/5 trading.

gougler08
AG
Fidelity also doesn't offer the early hours trading
gigemJTH12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Good night!
I missed this initially. is it too late to get in?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I can trade extended hours on fidelity, but i haven't figured out how to set a gtc+ext order like i can with td, i have to choose normal hours or extended. Guess i could set up both with a conditional that cancels one if the other fills.
oldarmy1
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Good night!

Always the hardest question. I received a call last night from TexAgs Staff, who said they are working on a highlight function so people can see my posts easier. It's a Q1 fix.

As far as jumping in it, if it comes under $1 then an initial position would be good with plan to add if given opportunity each 20 cents lower. I think this is a small cap winner for 2021, due to cinema shift to home distribution. Target $3 level 1 with $7+ potential.
Phat32
AG
$CATM buyout offer
FJ43
NRD09 said:

I can trade extended hours on fidelity, but i haven't figured out how to set a gtc+ext order like i can with td, i have to choose normal hours or extended. Guess i could set up both with a conditional that cancels one if the other fills.

I'm not a fidelity user but wonder if extended includes normal + extended?

I think 30k is a Fidelity user and may know.

McInnis 03
AG
Roku upgrade

Pm at 315
jwhitlock3
I was just checking that on Fidelity and I think this is the case. Once you have extended hours trading enabled, it should be normal and extended hours when you have a GTC order set. I have mine set for half my shares at 1.37 and it hasn't filled, but Fidelity doesn't offer trading between 3 and 6AM central time.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ah, could be...
zag213004
AG
$LOW

Any news? Premarket shooting way up... 154.75 as I type

Now 155.64
Running with the Bulls
$LOW

$15B (with a B) buyback... see sales rising in coming years!
zag213004
AG
Running with the Bulls said:

$LOW

Anyone know of price history when this occurs. Should I use this to offload calls at the open or see where this goes throughout the day?

Mostly Foggy Recollection
zwhag2010 said:

$LOW

Anyone know of price history when this occurs. Should I use this to offload calls at the open or see where this goes throughout the day?

Delicious. I averaged down to 1.90 on LOW calls. Crazy train this morning!
GigEmRangers75455
$RKT might finally be making the run today.
BrokeAssAggie
Aggies75455 said:

$RKT might finally be making the run today.

AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Good night!

Always the hardest question. I received a call last night from TexAgs Staff, who said they are working on a highlight function so people can see my posts easier. It's a Q1 fix.

As far as jumping in it, if it comes under $1 then an initial position would be good with plan to add if given opportunity each 20 cents lower. I think this is a small cap winner for 2021, due to cinema shift to home distribution. Target $3 level 1 with $7+ potential.
i put a limit order due to fidelity requirement and put it .001 too low.
wanderer
gigemJTH12
AG
zwhag2010 said:

$LOW

great question. Thinking about selling half of mine at the open.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
LOW at 160.12
ClutchCityAg

$LOW

Ranger have a friend on the inside??
Let it ride
zag213004
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

LOW at 160.12
tlepoC
AG
I have no clue how to estimate these $LOW options at open. Pretty sure I want to dump. Thanks Ranger!

tam2002
AG
Is RKT finally about to do something???
TheBiggerEvent
AG
Come on AMD
zag213004
AG
tlepoC said:

I have no clue how to estimate these $LOW options at open. Pretty sure I want to dump. Thanks Ranger!

Yeah I have no idea what to set order at 5? 6? Higher?
tlepoC
AG
I'm staggering starting at 5.6. Hoping to catch some and let the rest ride for the first 30 mins.
First Page Last Page
Page 2565 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.