Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,031,963 Views | 231622 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Talon2DSO
59 South
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Slappy007 said:

59 South said:

Prognightmare said:

What are we drinking on this fine Friday evening?
Pizza night with the kiddos watching some god awful kids movies... Italian vino rosso sir. Next up South African cab (the best and most underrated vino in the world imo)
Definitely have to agree with you there and I'm also a big fan of the Pinotage. Have a great weekend.

Yes SA Pinotage is fantastic as well. It's a shame SA wine isn't as common in America as it is in Europe.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
tailgatetimer10
AG
58% ROI this year. And I'm not that risky either.
ProgN
tailgatetimer10 said:

58% ROI this year. And I'm not that risky either.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
well done. I try to go for 2% of account value each week.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm on vacation next week. Y'all have fun, make money, and have Amazon at 3500 and Tesla at 650 when I get back
I bleed maroon
AG
59 South said:

Slappy007 said:

59 South said:

Prognightmare said:

What are we drinking on this fine Friday evening?
Pizza night with the kiddos watching some god awful kids movies... Italian vino rosso sir. Next up South African cab (the best and most underrated vino in the world imo)
Definitely have to agree with you there and I'm also a big fan of the Pinotage. Have a great weekend.

Yes SA Pinotage is fantastic as well. It's a shame SA wine isn't as common in America as it is in Europe.
I see 5 SA Pinotage selections at my local Total Wine. Any recommendations?

Looks like Spier and Neethlingshof are their two in-stock vintners.
I bleed maroon
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

It's a good goal for a trader. How often do you hit it? If you hit it every other week, and break even on average for the rest, that's a darned nice outcome!

My combined total portfolio is up 12.44% for the calendar year (lot of income stuff in retirement accounts), but my hedging/speculation (small) account is up 138%+.
0708aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I started trading in April during the lockdowns. Just through dumb luck and listening to the veterans on this board I exploded my first month doing about +15% . I thought "damn, this is easy, I'll be a billionaire soon enough" then had a break even June, and a very rough September (as did many others). Big losses.. But every other month I was doing about +3% . November however I was back at +23% (big thanks to $ALPP).

My big take away from my first 8 months of trading are:

-Listen to veterans who know the market, don't be afraid to ask questions most (if not all) the vets here are very very helpful and dumb things down if needed

-Recognize accumulation levels. Even though I'm new to the market still I feel like I've gotten really good at this. Recognize and accumulate and wait for that pop because that pop can pay off in a big big way.

-Learn calls. Its not hard at all. If I can do it, anyone can. You don't need to learn all the other stuff that goes with options just yet but if you can recognize when to pull triggers on calls I think someone who knows what they are doing can do +5-7% a week just on calls. Maybe even more if they get a little lucky.

-Buy dips , buy dips, buy dips. Its kinda cliche but it works. You wont be the guy making money if you're running scared like everyone else. I'm not saying buy dips in questionable companies, I'm saying buy dips in long term companies you know aren't going to go bankrupt and are bound to rebound at some point.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

I'm on vacation next week. Y'all have fun, make money, and have Amazon at 3500 and Tesla at 650 when I get back

Have a great vacation. We'll be here when you get back.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Spaceship
AG
I'm up 90% ROI since March thanks in large part to this thread - and I'm a novice who just trades stock and not options. Thank you all for your insights and willingness to share knowledge.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Spaceship said:

I'm up 90% ROI since March thanks in large part to this thread - and I'm a novice who just trades stock and not options. Thank you all for your insights and willingness to share knowledge.

Holy moly. Post your moves more.
JAggie2007
AG
Up 83.53% on the year overall. Up 153% since March in my retirement account, -37% in the personal account, mostly due to one bad trade but all of the gains have been 99% due to this thread and the veterans in it.

I know I won't see those returns every year but I'm kicking myself for not discovering this thread sooner and not being more ahead of where I am now, but happy with what I've learned this year on by far the best thread on TexAgs.
Baby Billy
AG
Cheers
AgEng06
AG
I was there last week!
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Oh man... I can practically taste that right now...
RGRAg1/75
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Cheers

Haven't been in a while. Glad to see COVID didn't shut it down. Love those margs and their queso fundido!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bleed maroon said:

It's a good goal for a trader. How often do you hit it? If you hit it every other week, and break even on average for the rest, that's a darned nice outcome!

My combined total portfolio is up 12.44% for the calendar year (lot of income stuff in retirement accounts), but my hedging/speculation (small) account is up 138%+.

I have hit 100% this year, a lot of which was made shorting on the way down. As of late, I've been able to to hit that goal most weeks. I had a terrible week before the election, but otherwise since August has been amazing. I owe a lot of that to the ideas on this board.
FJ43

I bleed maroon said:

I have hit 100% this year, a lot of which was made shorting on the way down. As of late, I've been able to to hit that goal most weeks. I had a terrible week before the election, but otherwise since August has been amazing. I owe a lot of that to the ideas on this board.

Other way around brother. Promise we are all learning from you 30k. Nuggets each day.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I started trading in April during the lockdowns. Just through dumb luck and listening to the veterans on this board I exploded my first month doing about +15% . I thought "damn, this is easy, I'll be a billionaire soon enough" then had a break even June, and a very rough September (as did many others). Big losses.. But every other month I was doing about +3% . November however I was back at +23% (big thanks to $ALPP).

-Listen to veterans who know the market, don't be afraid to ask questions most (if not all) the vets here are very very helpful and dumb things down if needed

-Recognize accumulation levels. Even though I'm new to the market still I feel like I've gotten really good at this. Recognize and accumulate and wait for that pop because that pop can pay off in a big big way.

-Learn calls. Its not hard at all. If I can do it, anyone can. You don't need to learn all the other stuff that goes with options just yet but if you can recognize when to pull triggers on calls I think someone who knows what they are doing can do +5-7% a week just on calls. Maybe even more if they get a little lucky.

-Buy dips , buy dips, buy dips. Its kinda cliche but it works. You wont be the guy making money if you're running scared like everyone else. I'm not saying buy dips in questionable companies, I'm saying buy dips in long term companies you know aren't going to go bankrupt and are bound to rebound at some point.

Very important thing for you and anyone else: Calls are good in a trending market, which we are in. A year from now or even six months from now, premium selling plays may be the best bet. Also, there is always a bull market somewhere.
Baby Billy
AG
Still trucking along. It's changed a lot since Covid happened but still out favorite spot in town
JAggie2007
AG

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Very important thing for you and anyone else: Calls are good in a trending market, which we are in. A year from now or even six months from now, premium selling plays may be the best bet. Also, there is always a bull market somewhere.
This is why I love this thread, Aggies helping Aggies. I know my returns aren't normal and the market is always evolving. Most of my returns have been stocks this year(symbols I got from this thread) and most of my losses have been improper timing or options I have played. I've done good on options this month but I know that won't always be the case.

I learn something new every day on this thread and a quote I heard from my previous job in the oilfield "You learn something new every day, and if you didn't learn something you already knew everything or you weren't paying attention."
Phat32
AG
This thread rules. Everyone enjoy your weekend.
astros4545
AG
Spaceship said:

I'm up 210% since March with only buys as well

Thanks to OA with special shout outs to

ONTX
MARA
MGNI
NIO (sold very early)
SDC
PENN
ROKU
cptthunder
Couldn't help but join in:
August 21 I started with $1,000 for options trading after following this thread for awhile and as of today I have managed to turn that into $7,450. Hard to believe and of course money is the end goal but I can't believe the amount of knowledge I've learned the last 3 months which I think will benefit me longer then these current gains
This is on top of regular brokerage accounts I've been working toward net free holdings.
I have to really make my self take some money out which is hard for me but this Christmas season there are going to be 2 really happy girls on Christmas morning thanks to this thread!!
New dad fail: Can't forget my 2 month old son in that last statement
spud1910
AG
It is incredible to see the gains that have been posted tonight. I have been following this thread for a few years now, and I have learned an incredible amount. And I also enjoy tremendously the comraderie displayed here. I am up 148% YTD for my trading account, thanks to OA for his input and starting the thread and many others who have excellent ideas. One other note; I have been up double where I am now on two separate occasions this year. But each time fell back down due to thinking it was too easy. So, enjoy the gains, but remember that it is not easy and we are not promised the returns many of us have had this year.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I've always been curious, how many of the real active guys around here are full-time traders, or spend a significant amount of their day trading/looking at charts/research, etc?

AggiEE
spud1910 said:

It is incredible to see the gains that have been posted tonight. I have been following this thread for a few years now, and I have learned an incredible amount. And I also enjoy tremendously the comraderie displayed here. I am up 148% YTD for my trading account, thanks to OA for his input and starting the thread and many others who have excellent ideas. One other note; I have been up double where I am now on two separate occasions this year. But each time fell back down due to thinking it was too easy. So, enjoy the gains, but remember that it is not easy and we are not promised the returns many of us have had this year.

Just remember that Warren Buffet had 20% annualized returns for decades. Those sorts of compounded returns are powerful.

These outsized returns are a lot of pure luck, and although this thread seems mostly like a pure stock speculation thread for gamblers, hopefully people are humble enough to balance their play money with more responsible means of long term investing,
spud1910
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

I've always been curious, how many of the real active guys around here are full-time traders, or spend a significant amount of their day trading/looking at charts/research, etc?

I work full time, but do have a little flexibility in my schedule. But when I am working, I have zero ability to watch the market. But one of the biggest downfalls for me has been getting diverted to my work and not being able to watch my trades at all.
wanderer
AggiEE said:

spud1910 said:

Just remember that Warren Buffet had 20% annualized returns for decades. Those sorts of compounded returns are powerful.

These outsized returns are a lot of pure luck, and although this thread seems mostly like a pure stock speculation thread for gamblers, hopefully people are humble enough to balance their play money with more responsible means of long term investing,
I often say that sarcasm is tough to sense through text, good to know that bitterness is not.
ProgN
Good post but be cognizant of the signs next year. As the vaccine takes hold worldwide you'll see a gradual decrease of the printing of money by world governments. When you see a tightening by the first, decrease your risk because other governments will quickly follow. When that money pump starts to turn off, the markets will correct violently, IMO. Personally, I will be cashing out or hedging with puts when the first country announces. I don't want any of these incredible gains I've read tonight to be destroyed.
JAggie2007
AG

I'm unemployed right now, but I'm not really day trading, most of my trades that I've done from this thread have been weekly/monthly. That doesn't mean I haven't been watching this thread OA's twitter like a hawk though. I do want to get good enough at this that I can watch charts and spot my own Model T's without the Master's help. That will be a long time(if ever) before that happens and if it does I will defintely keep sharing with this thread.
ProgN
AggiEE said:

spud1910 said:

I'll put the returns of stock ideas in this thread up against your best performing mutual fund and win every year.
Phat32
AG

Work full time but flexible and from home in 2020. Easy to have the iPad up in front of me with TOS humming.

Will echo that I've missed out on lots or lost lots in minutes due to real work taking over. But still up probably 75% this year from the geniuses in here bailing me out.
BobFriend13
AG
I've been trading and reading this thread since October. I messed up MGNI and MARA. It I'm up close to 60% right now in a few months and trying to learn how to read everything to help out around here. I'm a teacher so I have great breaks through the year to focus on this stuff.
First Page Last Page
Page 2552 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.