Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,033,898 Views | 231628 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Index shooting up...
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Following you folks on here a bit:

WWR: I bought some shares and then waited for Jan2021 $7.5 calls to fill at $1.30 and then bought more shares to cover those calls. My thought process is that my initial buy would stand alone but the additional shares covering $7.5 calls have a net entry price of $5. I also sold some $7.5 puts for Dec2020 to claim more shares or take premium.

MBIO: I have a call order out for June2021 at $5 strike. If that fills at high premium then I'll buy additional shares to cover those contracts. If I can get shares at $1.5 net that I'm likely to hold until June and exercised at $5 I'm definitely okay with that!

SSTK: I entered yesterday at the low and I'm buying some more shares now. I didn't like the premiums so I'm in shares only. I may look to sell CC on a portion or all of my shares depending on how jacked the premiums get. The Jan2021 look ripe on first glance.

IEA: I was already in this a bit. I sold Dec2020$10 calls for $2.50 and then bought shares to cover at $11.70/. If the stock stays above $10 I made 8.7% on my money over 2 weeks. Plus every little bit of volume helps my other shares stay green.
Running with the Bulls
McInnis 03 said:

Running with the Bulls said:

McInnis 03 said:

Buying X shares of PLTR here and selling X/2 calls of PLTR at 22.50 for this friday t $1.18 ea.
New to options...

Curious what your play is here with PLTR going above $24.

Thanks!
So I have now rolled these covereds out and up. Out one week, up one strike to $23.

So these calls that were valued at 22.50 for $1.18 are now worth $23 and an additional $.50 credit, so basically I'm running up with the rise and if I get called out, the remaining shares cost basis I have will get lower if I continue to do this.
Thank you very much!
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Sweeping Jan AMZN 3250c. 300 @ $126ea ($3.78MM)
Rockets on the launch pad.
Idk3
AG
OA - I would be interested in the seminar
59 South
AG
Boring trade I'm considering on CWH (this one is right up your alley 30K):

• Sell $30 puts 12/11here for $1.00 - 1.25
  • If you get called out on 12/11, hold shares for a couple of days for the $1 dividend w/ ex-div date 12/14
  • You either pocket the $1.00 - 1.25 per share (about 3.5-4% for about a week trade or you get a net entry <$28)

Talk me out of it or into it 30K! I've got 30K+ sitting around in cash so I'd sell 10 puts for a cool $1100+....
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BA up 5%. Again.
FJ43
While I don't trust it MOMO is moving.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
NET bouncing off that $75 resistance level. Break it baby!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Amzn keeps disappointing today
AMZN is definitely going for an inside day here unless the bottom drops out. That's a consolidation day, means options get chopped up like a mofo. I'll try to update later today just before close what the prospective levels to watch tomorrow will be based on todays daily candle. Inside days can make for a predecessor to a moving day the next day.
So today's high was 3232, a break of this allows for a first target of 3248.95 or Tuesday's high. Today's low was 3173.26, a break of this allows for a first target of 3157.18, or Tuesdays low.

Here's to seeing what tomorrow brings. We're only 2 days into it, but we're currently working on an inside month, so it could be chop city. The monthly targets are in the high 3300's and 2900's.
3232 is within arms reach.
59 South
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Sweeping Jan AMZN 3250c. 300 @ $126ea ($3.78MM)
Rockets on the launch pad.
Bruh, just checked out the chart... looks like it wants to launch to about 3400 quick.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
59 South said:

Boring trade I'm considering on CWH (this one is right up your alley 30K):

• Sell $30 puts 12/11here for $1.00 - 1.25
  • If you get called out on 12/11, hold shares for a couple of days for the $1 dividend w/ ex-div date 12/14
  • You either pocket the $1.00 - 1.25 per share (about 3.5-4% for about a week trade or you get a net entry <$28)

Talk me out of it or into it 30K! I've got 30K+ sitting around in cash so I'd sell 10 puts for a cool $1100+....

I love this! I'm going to follow but be a Magina and only sell two puts. Also I'm staying strong at $1.25. They fill or they don't.
BearkatRunner88
AG
Def missed getting out of CRM at the open. Ugh
Texas Tea
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Running with the Bulls said:

McInnis 03 said:

Buying X shares of PLTR here and selling X/2 calls of PLTR at 22.50 for this friday t $1.18 ea.
New to options...

Curious what your play is here with PLTR going above $24.

Thanks!
So I have now rolled these covereds out and up. Out one week, up one strike to $23.

So these calls that were valued at 22.50 for $1.18 are now worth $23 and an additional $.50 credit, so basically I'm running up with the rise and if I get called out, the remaining shares cost basis I have will get lower if I continue to do this.
Thank you for posting this. For some reason, I hadn't considered rolling into longer dated ITM calls, probably because I'm an idiot. I have some ITM covered calls expiring soon that I didn't want to get called out. This can at least buy me some time to wait for a pullback.
59 South
AG
Ha! I was just about to put in an order for $1.25... I'll let you go first. I'll try to one up you with $1.30 or so

Also, just when I posted the ask trickled down to $1. I should have learned from my AMD ill timed post yesterday right on the double top!
fightintxag13
AG
I would think an options play on PLTR waiting for the Model T retracement at 27.33 would be a good trade. I entered Dec $27 calls.
59 South
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Amzn keeps disappointing today
AMZN is definitely going for an inside day here unless the bottom drops out. That's a consolidation day, means options get chopped up like a mofo. I'll try to update later today just before close what the prospective levels to watch tomorrow will be based on todays daily candle. Inside days can make for a predecessor to a moving day the next day.
So today's high was 3232, a break of this allows for a first target of 3248.95 or Tuesday's high. Today's low was 3173.26, a break of this allows for a first target of 3157.18, or Tuesdays low.

Here's to seeing what tomorrow brings. We're only 2 days into it, but we're currently working on an inside month, so it could be chop city. The monthly targets are in the high 3300's and 2900's.
3232 is within arms reach.
Too detailed McFly... take off that engineering hat! It's simple... 3250 gets you 3350. Easy peasy
McInnis 03
AG
WTF is this, common core???
59 South
AG
E
AG
NIO get yer ass in gear!
topher06
SNAP basically back where it was originally called, sucks. Patience I guess.
jwhitlock3
Anyone else seeing an RDR with MP on these last daily candles?
FJ43
jwhitlock3 said:

Anyone else seeing an RDR with MP on these last daily candles?

Yep. Just need volume to get it moving but right direction so far.

gougler08
AG
MBIO December $5 calls can be sold for $0.30 right now...seems like a good value as it would have to run another 25% in 2 weeks to get called out
oldarmy1
AG
MP lift off
Brewmaster
AG
BearkatRunner88 said:

as did I... I ended up averaging down around the bottom. OA thinks it's game on once it capitulates here...and looky there, there it goes! 224 now.
ProgN
Big buys are coming in for ARLO. It could be waking up.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
59 South said:

Ha! I was just about to put in an order for $1.25... I'll let you go first. I'll try to one up you with $1.30 or so

Also, just when I posted the ask trickled down to $1. I should have learned from my AMD ill timed post yesterday right on the double top!

Don't wait on my account! These hadn't filled so I switched out to the Dec18 puts. I'll try to fill those for $1.60
oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

BearkatRunner88 said:

as did I... I ended up averaging down around the bottom. OA thinks it's game on once it capitulates here...and looky there, there it goes! 224 now.
Yeah I shorted pre open at $226 with target to cover in the $223 areas which I did, I sold 50% of calls at the open so now have 50% remaining calls all way free and clear. Seminar tactics the board has seen me do numerous times.
Fireman
AG
Is anybody doing anything with their Jan/Feb SPXS calls, or still holding them as a potential hedge?
TxAG#2011
Take a look at that beautiful NNDM chart. Rounded bottom coming around. ARK has been buying everyday this week.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Congrats to those of you patiently still in EXPI. It's up 5% today. I took a meager profit and exited.
FJ43
Fireman said:

Is anybody doing anything with their Jan/Feb SPXS calls, or still holding them as a potential hedge?
My personal strategy was to go net free if they moved back up but if not ride them $0 if need be as a hedge until all the election stuff was finalized. I still do not think volatility is over between now and then.

tramaro1
AG
BearkatRunner88 said:

I did too, was able to book some profit but could have been a lot more
Brewmaster
AG
Anyone in AMCI? Zack Morris play, yeah the Saved by Bell fintwit impersonator. He's been nails at spotting runners for swing plays. No options in AMCI unfortunately.
First Page Last Page
Page 2539 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.