Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,063 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How long till Exxon drops it's dividend? They are slashing $20B off the book value in write downs.
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

Swollen Thumb said:

So MOMO. Thinking it's time to move on. Slight beat, but everything down a bit YoY and guidance wasn't great. Stock back down to 14 pre mkt and just can't see it doing much. Thoughts.
Premarket after earnings and guidance isn't really big volume so far and might just be shaking. Shadows on candles are long in some cases. I am only sitting on 12/18 16c options with this one so not worrying about the initial moves this morning. Guess we will see....

OA is playing this as a "Biden lotto". He thinks we see a pop if/when Biden is inaugurated.
CPDAggie10
AG
Rice and Fries said:

How long till Exxon drops it's dividend? They are slashing $20B off the book value in write downs.
I am amazed how they have not cut it yet.
FJ43
McInnis - know you are a dog pound guy. Do you apply his strategy on shares of moving stops up and/or trimming with gains then buying back on dips along a rising trend line?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
$TSNP might still have another run in it today if you guys wana check it out.
Running with the Bulls
MBIO at $3.86 premarket
McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis - know you are a dog pound guy. Do you apply his strategy on shares of moving stops up and/or trimming with gains then buying back on dips along a rising trend line?
I gotta be honest with you. I stopped watching him about 2 weeks ago just because I got into an audio book and I've had the best 2 weeks of trading....ever. I'm in a bit of a groove at the moment and so much like Scott and his Wawa vs. Dunkin Iced Coffee, I'm gonna stick to ignoring him for now

LOL
McInnis 03
AG
But to answer your question.....no. I haven't been able to get a good grip on his tier system nor his movement of capital in and out and setting stops with his shares. It's a good setup and execution for him, but I'll continue to be my hyperactive ADHD 10-min chart watching self.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
McInnis 03 said:

FJ43 said:

I gotta be honest with you. I stopped watching him about 2 weeks ago just because I got into an audio book and I've had the best 2 weeks of trading....ever. I'm in a bit of a groove at the moment and so much like Scott and his Wawa vs. Dunkin Iced Coffee, I'm gonna stick to ignoring him for now

LOL
Wait wait wait....hol' up...

Is there actually someone arguing this? Seriously? You have to have the worst ****ing taste buds on the planet to think Dunkin is in the same universe as Wawa on anything, especially iced coffee...

It's the one thing I miss the most about going into the office, getting my Wawa on Friday mornings.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

FJ43 said:

LOL
Amen! If you've found a groove stay in it. Each week I intentionally refine, tweak and apply what I'm learning from this group. Amazing thing about this thread is many track or follow different folks. Many the same ones but with only so much time often things get posted or highlighted here I wouldn't see otherwise 'follow'. Cleaned up my follow list significantly during the election. Left some good ones behind I'm sure.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

cottonpicker
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

FJ43 said:

LOL
Amen! If you've found a groove stay in it. Each week I intentionally refine, tweak and apply what I'm learning from this group. Amazing thing about this thread is many track or follow different folks. Many the same ones but with only so much time often things get posted or highlighted here I wouldn't see otherwise 'follow'. Cleaned up my follow list significantly during the election. Left some good ones behind I'm sure.
I'm with you on cleaning up my follow list. Just could not stand some of the politics.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

But to answer your question.....no. I haven't been able to get a good grip on his tier system nor his movement of capital in and out and setting stops with his shares. It's a good setup and execution for him, but I'll continue to be my hyperactive ADHD 10-min chart watching self.
I don't use his tier system but was curious to hear from someone who does. I've bought in fully to the OA net free strategy and started weeks ago cleaning up to focus on that direction shares wise.

I too am a addicted chart watcher. Alerts have been a blessing though. Covid for all it has hurt our country has also been a blessing to really dig into this stuff.

RightWingConspirator
AG
AgEng06 said:

For those of us late comers to ONTX that don't have any net free shares yet, should we still go net free at $0.40 or just hold now that it's running?
Okay, come someone help me out? What does going "net free" mean?
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
Esteban du Plantier
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

AgEng06 said:

For those of us late comers to ONTX that don't have any net free shares yet, should we still go net free at $0.40 or just hold now that it's running?

Selling a portion of your shares after a price increase to recoup your initial investment, and holding the reminder out your shares for long term.

Maximus_Meridius
AG
It's the philosophy of selling enough shares to regain all of the initial investment you used to enter the position.

Example

200 shares of V at 200 per share = 40,000

if V goes to 400, you would sell 100 shares to regain all initial capital and remove risk

The name of the game is to remove/minimize risk.
astros4545
AG

AgEng06 said:

Selling enough shares so that your investment amount is all house money

Buy 100 shares, and the stock price doubles >>> Sell half your shares >>>Those remaining 50 shares are all house money, even if the stock goes to zero dollars, you havent lost any money
FJ43

AgEng06 said:

Example would be to buy 100 shares for $1 then sell 50 for $2. You now have 50 shares 'free' and your original capital back.

McInnis 03
AG
Don't you bring Dunkin trash talk to this site. I will STOP posting. That **** is liquid gold mu fu*a.
McInnis 03
AG
He'll stop, but I won't.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Thanks, guys. That's helpful. Guess I should be picking up more than one option contract to be able to go "net free."

I'm more of a long holder, but I do find the options banter fascinating. I'm holding some calls right now that sometimes go in the money and fall out. They don't expire until March so figured i'd hold on a bit longer.
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
FJ43
This may be crazy but looking at the selling volume premarket on ONTX I may buy more shares on a dip and reversal today. Most all I have now are net free but if we expect this to get back to $1 then it won't be a bad ROI.

Mostly Foggy Recollection
RKT touching 21 this morning
FJ43

Thanks, guys. That's helpful. Guess I should be picking up more than one option contract to be able to go "net free."

I'm more of a long holder, but I do find the options banter fascinating. I'm holding some calls right now that sometimes go in the money and fall out. They don't expire until March so figured i'd hold on a bit longer.
Yes apply with options contracts also. Technically you just need 2 of something. It is pretty rewarding to have the feeling of net free on something.

AgEng06
AG
astros4545 said:

AgEng06 said:

Buy 100 shares, and the stock price doubles >>> Sell half your shares >>>Those remaining 50 shares are all house money, even if the stock goes to zero dollars, you havent lost any money

Now that we've sufficiently covered net free... Any other thoughts on the initial question?
McInnis 03
AG
/ES premarket volume seems non-committal to this gap up. If I'm John F Carter (Which I'm not because he's like a 5 foot dude from Nebraska, I'm a 6'2" couple of dudes from Houston) I'm guessing I fade the SPY gap this morning.
FJ43
AgEng06 said:

astros4545 said:

AgEng06 said:

Now that we've sufficiently covered net free... Any other thoughts on the initial question?
I believe OA tweeted not to sell this round. I pulled my GTC sell order off the table anyway on my last buys below .25.

Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

He'll stop, but I won't.
Mister Cooper
AG
What are the boards thoughts on the 12/18 $1 SNDL calls at the open? Sell immediately or see how the first 30 minutes go but put a stop limit order in place?
McInnis 03
AG
GLD right at the money on my calls at the moment.
tam2002
AG
FJ43 said:

This may be crazy but looking at the selling volume premarket on ONTX I may buy more shares on a dip and reversal today. Most all I have now are net free but if we expect this to get back to $1 then it won't be a bad ROI.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Just wondering if I'm breaking a big ONTX rule by buying more at .35 ha
Fireman
AG
McInnis 03 said:

/ES premarket volume seems non-committal to this gap up. If I'm John F Carter (Which I'm not because he's like a 5 foot dude from Nebraska, I'm a 6'2" "couple of dudes" from Houston) I'm guessing I fade the SPY gap this morning.
Now that's funny right there.
FJ43
tam2002 said:

FJ43 said:

I was actually thinking the same thing. Just wondering if I'm breaking a big ONTX rule by buying more at .35 ha
Not .35. Maybe below in the 20s

Maximus_Meridius
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Don't you bring Dunkin trash talk to this site. I will STOP posting. That **** is liquid gold mu fu*a.
Pft, have you even been to a Wawa?
CPDAggie10
AG
MOMO calls in the gutter. Time to cut bait?
fightintxag13
AG
Ugly start for ATVI
First Page Last Page
Page 2526 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.