Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,210 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
zag213004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

ehrmantraut said:

oldarmy1 said:

RKT probably good for $1 gain tomorrow. Simple chart divergence into bullish sentiment

Bought some weeklies
Which did you buy?

December 4 expiry... 21s

Got them for .38 entry

I looking to buy dec 11 21.5c
deadbq03
AG
I needed a cash shelter this week... sold a cash covered RKT 20.5P.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
zwhag2010 said:

ehrmantraut said:

oldarmy1 said:

RKT probably good for $1 gain tomorrow. Simple chart divergence into bullish sentiment

Bought some weeklies
Which did you buy?

December 4 expiry... 21s

Got them for .38 entry

I looking to buy dec 11 21.5c

Good to enter and sell tomorrow. I'm not in the business of holding options too long this upcoming month
khaos288
AG
ehrmantraut said:

oldarmy1 said:

What would your play be?
Buy 1 million shares, make 1 million dollars
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bought a little WDC today. Maybe we get the breakout we hoped for after the last earnings beat?
I bleed maroon
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

MBIO. Why did the Mar $2.5P jump 150% today while the stock price moved up over 7% with volume? Is there something funny going on here?

And yes I did sell a bunch of these puts just now. I feel like I'm being trapped. Like this is 20 minutes before the stripper side piece pulls out the pregnancy test
This is common. You kind of have to ignore "last trade" or "% change" for options quotes. There is no real good way to look at options pricing, outside of current bid/ask. Each broker uses one (or a combination of) method that is assuredly wrong by the time they quote it. I found an explanation I used before on an old thread (https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3106889/replies/56962079), and quote it here:

Quote:

A word of caution on options quotes and "value" estimates used in calculating unrealized gains or losses: You really have to look at the bid/ask spread, which is quite wide compared to the underlying stock bid/ask spread. Therefore, brokerage accounts use a variety of methods to determine interim performance (which is frustrating, but there's no really good answer).

The "last" trade for options contracts is an automatically wrong method, as the last trade may have been days or weeks ago due to the thinly traded character of most option contracts. Schwab, my broker, for example, uses a hypothetical mid-point between the bid and the ask for intraday quotes and value estimation. This may either undervalue or overvalue what the market really is, but may be the best compromise. Then, at closing, they switch over to the end of day bid, in most cases, I think. This generally understates the value, but is closer to what you could have realized if you traded right before closing. It is sometimes something else entirely, which I haven't figured out.

Just saying, don't confuse option theoretical gains as real until your trade executes - all quotes are an estimate, by nature.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
khaos288 said:

ehrmantraut said:

oldarmy1 said:

What would your play be?
Buy 1 million shares, make 1 million dollars

I bought shares and 12/4 $21.5 calls with the goal of going net free.
0708aggie
AG
What happened to oil stocks today? Oil is barely down and COP, PSX down 7%
Jet Black
EV sector getting smoked today. Chances of a bounce tomorrow?
McInnis 03
AG
Ohhhhh MOMO, what do we do with you. Holding 16C for April.............
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I've seen that before but I was actually able to sell these MBIO puts for $0.50 and $0.45. It didn't make sense that these got more expensive as the stock price moved up. I used the money to buy RKT calls. If someone would have told me a year ago I would have typed those sentences I would have whipped their butts for lying and then swore off whiskey
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

They report tomorrow. Cross fingers for a beat
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

My 12/18 16c will either be worth a trillion or zero tomorrow about 10AM Not exactly a trillion but...
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I sold calls against my calls as a pillow in case of fall.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

looks like total shares increased if I'm reading it right? can't be an offering though, stock is up after hours.
Mr President Elect
AG
What happened with FEAC right before the bell? A bunch of my covered calls just triggered but now I am not so happy about that.
Spaceship
AG
Man what a rough day to be holding GOCO and QD. I managed to do both.
McInnis 03
AG
Mr President Elect said:

What happened with FEAC right before the bell? A bunch of my covered calls just triggered but now I am not so happy about that.
Just a 1MM share buy, that's all.
oldarmy1
AG
APPN ouch!
0708aggie
AG
ATVI almost to 80 AH's.
TxAG#2011
Good lord Roku, so beautiful
I bleed maroon
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I've seen that before but I was actually able to sell these MBIO puts for $0.50 and $0.45. It didn't make sense that these got more expensive as the stock price moved up. I used the money to buy RKT calls. If someone would have told me a year ago I would have typed those sentences I would have whipped their butts for lying and then swore off whiskey
I don't know about the specifics of this situation, but this also is common. A principal component of options pricing is expectation of future volatility, which is not linear. It isn't just plugging variables into the Black-Scholes model and getting the "answer", it also involves trader judgment and emotion, which are very hard to quantify. It's an iterative process that impacts the current bid and ask prices. So, it is indeed quite possible for options prices to appear to be nonsensical, in the short term. Over time, it reverts to more what you would expect. There's no real good way to explain this, until you've watched it firsthand for a while.
oldarmy1
AG
Cross fingers for green futures into the open to sell remaining ATVI
Rice and Fries
TxAG#2011 said:

So close to Net Free.....
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bailed on AMZN and NOW this afternoon. Had a bit beat on TSLA this morning and AMD. Going to be selective the rest of the week.
McInnis 03
AG
ZM has great earnings and stock drops 8%, trying to recover now in AH.
TMOOSE
What did you have 30k? Saw lots of flow on a 12/18 4k, SO I am in that right now. A little Green.
Let it Ride
E
AG
McInnis 03 said:

2020 is so frustrating. This seems to be the theme... great earnings but immediately drop
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I was in the 3200 / 3400 12/18 vertical. It may very well play out. I will re-enter above 3200. Decided to protect my profits for the week and re-evaluate. I can re-enter any time.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
E said:

McInnis 03 said:

2020 is so frustrating. This seems to be the theme... great earnings but immediately drop

Seems like every company this year that has reported good earnings sees the stock drop immediately. Don't know what that's all about.
Brewmaster
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

my FUBO holdings say keep going!
McInnis 03
AG
I bought 3150 calls when I saw it reclaim 3140. I'm holding for now.
Brewmaster
AG
Aston04
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

hope so. Need to inspire confidence in Chinese stocks. Qd probably comes along for the ride.

I'm convinced both will be big time wins or will rapidly descend if faulty accounting is strongly suspected..
First Page Last Page
Page 2523 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.