Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,740 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

MP. Was on my watch list and I flat missed the breakout at $19. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If the Dec 18 $25 calls make a retreat back to $1.55 I'm entering
Did you guys jump bid? I got just a few fills at $1.50 and someone bought the $1.60
I have a few orders in for $1.50. None of been filled
I got 3 filled! THREE!!!!
Back to $2......I hate myself for not jumping the $1.60 ask when it was there
I see these going to $3.50
so at $2 still some good meat on the bone.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Rice and Fries said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Musk isn't anywhere close to surpassing Bezos. Bezos would literally have to sell all of his investments, then spend half.

The thought of that is insane.
Musk owns 21% of TSLA, which is now valued at $500B. IF he keeps this up, unlocks his stock option grants for hitting performance measures and then TSLA continues to be the unstoppable meme stock bull and hits close to that $1T mark, he would be neck and neck with ol Jeff.

Not saying it will happen now, or in 3-4 quarters, but the possibility is there. It also doesnt factor in a Starlink Spin-off IPO or Neural-link or Boring Company...

You realize who the competitor to starlink is.. right? https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/fcc-authorizes-amazon-to-build-kuiper-satellite-internet-network.html
Rice and Fries
tailgatetimer10 said:

Rice and Fries said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Musk isn't anywhere close to surpassing Bezos. Bezos would literally have to sell all of his investments, then spend half.

The thought of that is insane.
Musk owns 21% of TSLA, which is now valued at $500B. IF he keeps this up, unlocks his stock option grants for hitting performance measures and then TSLA continues to be the unstoppable meme stock bull and hits close to that $1T mark, he would be neck and neck with ol Jeff.

Not saying it will happen now, or in 3-4 quarters, but the possibility is there. It also doesnt factor in a Starlink Spin-off IPO or Neural-link or Boring Company...

You realize who the competitor to starlink is.. right? https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/fcc-authorizes-amazon-to-build-kuiper-satellite-internet-network.html
I dont hear about Amazon constantly launching the satellite infrastructure or offering a beta test right now...
FJ43
trip98 said:

ENG question here...this is what I have...
100 shares at $2
100 shares at $2.25
sold $2.50 CC for 0.70
sold $5 CC for 0.85

Right now I can buy the $2.50 back for 0.40 and the $5 for 0.20.

While I don't plan on this being a really long term play and could see this going back down to $1 I'm thinking of doing this anyways and get my net cost lower. From there I go 1 of 2 ways:
1) Watch and see if it comes back a little. I expect once we get more vaccine being out news likely in mid December you're going to see Oil & Gas stocks pop up again. And then sell covered calls around that time
2) go ahead and sell CC's in January and get some cash in. Risky though b/c if it does pop a little then I'll have left profits on the table

thoughts?
I might be a little patient here. There is a lot of volume holding above where its at now. You costs basis is well below the current level. Buying back the $5 isn't a bad idea IMO. I would be you can resell it above the buy back at some point today.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

MP. Was on my watch list and I flat missed the breakout at $19. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If the Dec 18 $25 calls make a retreat back to $1.55 I'm entering
Did you guys jump bid? I got just a few fills at $1.50 and someone bought the $1.60
I have a few orders in for $1.50. None of been filled
I got 3 filled! THREE!!!!
Back to $2......I hate myself for not jumping the $1.60 ask when it was there
I see these going to $3.50
so at $2 still some good meat on the bone.
My target entry was spot on at $1.50 anticipated low. But got 3 whole fills and when I moved up to $1.65 it was moving too quickly. I got 2 more for a total of 5. I will be patient and either get $1.65 or not.

oldarmy1
AG
SQ just keeps going. Trend continuation breakout
Running with the Bulls
MGNI... can't stop, won't stop... It was at $10 ten days ago!
oldarmy1
AG
Running with the Bulls said:

Need one more run to $19 so I can buy the Jan $17.50 Puts for $1.50
Rice and Fries
Anyone have thoughts on $NOK? This looks like a pretty great chart...
Engine10
AG
PINS 1/15 65's ITM with a loooooong way to go.

LLNW with continued strength towards $5 and we got till March to make it happen.
I bleed maroon
AG
oldarmy1 said:

My main question on MGNI is: Buy the shares, or complete the trade? I have a few scraps of $7.50 calls left - 600% gain - take the shares, or take the profits?
oldarmy1
AG
ATVI Model T completed. If it builds back to $77 I give huge odds that it pops and builds.
Engine10
AG
ETSY through $146 has room to run back into $150s on Black Friday sales/orders expectations. Eyeing for a quick trade after the holiday
oldarmy1
AG
I bleed maroon said:

oldarmy1 said:

My main question on MGNI is: Buy the shares, or complete the trade? I have a few scraps of $7.50 calls left - 600% gain - take the shares, or take the profits?
Take the profits...it is ahead of its ski's so just take your huge $$$ and then only buy if you get $15 or under re-entry
aggiegolf86
AG
I have held CZR since about April. Good time to sell or do you think it will go higher?
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

ATVI Model T completed. If it builds back to $77 I give huge odds that it pops and builds.
The sound of music....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

ffolly
AG
Is MP the old Moly Corp mine? Is that business really sustainable with Chinese competition?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
zag213004
AG
Still in WDC Jan 15 calls?
FJ43

BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

oldarmy1 said:

The sound of music....
What's yall's entry on the $80 calls?
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
I got in at $1.28. I think others are lower.
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

oldarmy1 said:

The sound of music....
What's yall's entry on the $80 calls?
I'm at $0.76

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
dumped GLD for small gain, there will be a better entry, I think
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
FJ43
Interesting to correlate this to your holdings and which are up vs. down. This is as of about t10 minutes ago. Started looking at this periodically through the day.

CPDAggie10
AG
holy NBAC. Up 45%. Another great recommendation from OA.

OA, do you have a strategy with this? I recall you mentioning trying to trade shares, because they don't offer options. Any price targets you have?
trip98
AG
Engine10 said:

LLNW with continued strength towards $5 and we got till March to make it happen.

I just have missed his play here... What was it and still good after last couple days run?
BT1395
AG
Just sold $20 12/18 covered calls on my remaining MGNI shares. If someone wants to pay me effectively $21.10 for those shares, then they can have them! Sometimes enough profit is enough profit.

Amazing call by OA - many thanks!
FJ43
trip98 said:

Engine10 said:

I just have missed his play here... What was it and still good after last couple days run?
I wouldn't have any problem buying in on the LLNW 3/19 5c right now. I may even pick up some more if any further dip intraday. Has 114 days to expiry so a long ways off the gain some ground.

oldarmy1
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

holy NBAC. Up 45%. Another great recommendation from OA.

OA, do you have a strategy with this? I recall you mentioning trying to trade shares, because they don't offer options. Any price targets you have?
Dan Shep should get credit for this one off Twitter. I just waited for pullback to where I wanted entry before posting it. I sold 90% of my shares on the ridiculous spike above $18 as it dropped. Filled average $17.87
ClutchCityAg

Here we go boys!!
Let it ride
0708aggie
AG
OA I know you said don't buy back the covered calls on MGNI, but would I be net up a bit and then could sell the $20 covered call for 1.20 12/18?

2000 shares, basis 5.97
$15 covered call sold at $2,

at 5.55 buy back, that would be a total loss of 7,120
at 18.68 share price, that would be 7,360 of gain if I sold the stock then
Net up 240 bucks

Then sell the covered call at $1.20. Or sell the 1/15 covered call for $2.

Or am I a total idiot?
Rice and Fries
CRM rumored to buy Slack
topher06
What percentage cash you guys thinking into Thanksgiving? I'm considering 25%.
0708aggie
AG
I'm sitting at 50%.
First Page Last Page
Page 2505 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.