Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,703 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FJ43 said:

Engine10 said:

Settled back to 2.75 but did we casually back into a runner here? Gonna try to roll out my Dec $2.5 covered calls to the Jan $5 in the AM...
I think I am going to watch this tomorrow before looking at possibly buying back my calls. I suspect (nothing other than gut) with the rise this had today there will be some profit taking and pull back.

Maybe I am wrong and will be happy with a nice profit on a quick trade. But, if it does there may be an opportunity to buy back the calls on a dip at a bounce and pre the next run a lot lower than they will be early on.

I bought in when the shares were at $2.05 and sold calls at $0.85
Yeah, I will just watch it tomorrow as well. Plenty of time left. I guess worst case scenario, I get called out in December, but still bank some serious gains from the stock running so much. The market is also near ATH's, so that helps little engines like this one.
Carlo4
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/millions-americans-expect-lose-homes-212124538.html

This was definitely not a fun read. Nearly half of all renters/mortgages under water expect to go under by March 2021 in Nevada, Florida, and Alaska... 750,000.
AgShaun00
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

FJ43 said:

,o

I'm still adding.
Bitcoin is getting way overdue for a typical 30% correction. If I had to put money on it, it's going to break ATH to grab headlines and commence fomo and then just crush every late entrant

Yes, possibly. My adds at 18-19K have been on the small end of range.

I've been looking at 14-15.5 as a chance to really drop some larger buys.

I think we see 24K pretty early in 2021.
Sentiment is everyone is waiting for pullback. I don't think we ever see 15k. I set my account to buy and then didn't at 13k.
Jet Black
Carlo4 said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/millions-americans-expect-lose-homes-212124538.html

This was definitely not a fun read. Nearly half of all renters/mortgages under water expect to go under by March 2021 in Nevada, Florida, and Alaska... 750,000.

Yikes
Baby Billy
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

At some point, as much as we may not want to admit it the Covid economy has to rear its head into this market right and bring us a correction again?

No, Not really.

The general investing public ALWAYS thinks the market is way overpriced and "due for a correction". Its either too high or will continue going lower, it's never a good time to invest.

Not talking about you specifically, just saying in general from someone who hears it from dozens of people per day
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

At some point, as much as we may not want to admit it the Covid economy has to rear its head into this market right and bring us a correction again?

No, Not really.

The general investing public ALWAYS thinks the market is way overpriced and "due for a correction". Its either too high or will continue going lower, it's never a good time to invest.

Not talking about you specifically, just saying in general from someone who hears it from dozens of people per day

Tom Lee, is that you?

I think we get seasonality. The next crisis will be something different, not covid.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I am not Aggiedaniel and I'm not sure I'm doing this right, but to me it looks like the TSLA gamma magnet is 500 and 495. The total open at 500 is more than 2x the volume open for any other price. Then there's a large amount of puts at 495, which seems like a tell as well.

Crazy since it ran away from that all day. I was trying to fill put flies this afternoon as it was running away from my range, but the prices on those were not getting cheaper. If it keeps rising premarket I'll try to fill 490/500/510 flies again at the open.

If I'm doing that right it will settle back to 500 this week and then blast off next week. With the premiums this jacked I might consider selling a long condor this week. Maybe buy calls for next week on any big drops.
gig em 02
Bob Knights Liver said:

I am not Aggiedaniel and I'm not sure I'm doing this right, but to me it looks like the TSLA gamma magnet is 500 and 495. The total open at 500 is more than 2x the volume open for any other price. Then there's a large amount of puts at 495, which seems like a tell as well.

Crazy since it ran away from that all day. I was trying to fill put flies this afternoon as it was running away from my range, but the prices on those were not getting cheaper. If it keeps rising premarket I'll try to fill 490/500/510 flies again at the open.

Do all the funds that have to add Tesla with its addition to the s&p sell puts in order to lock in their price? I don't see how it can go down now that big money is forced to buy it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It's gone up 25% since that was announced. As volatile as TSLA is nothing would surprise me. It could hit 600 or fall to 450 tomorrow and I wouldn't even give a Pvt Pyle "goooooolly".
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am just guessing here but I think we see TSLA hit 600 by January.
BrokeAssAggie
Energy looking to make a nice move this morning.
McInnis 03
AG
I feel like value rotation has truly begun (energy)being one, and it's time to start taking positions for the 2021 vaccination plays
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
aggies4life
AG
If playing value stocks; BEACH stocks...from March but hopefully this helps with ideas......

Here is the article from March...

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/covid-19-downturn-beach-stocks/

BrokeAssAggie
MARA over $6
FJ43
GE at $10.48.
ET at $6.61
PEIX at $7.10
MBIO at $3.45
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Ragoo
AG
Anecdotally ive seen more and more evening flight arrivals lining up in the northwest sky of houston into IAH.
0708aggie
AG
That's good because I need my $15 1/15 AAL calls to pay out
McInnis 03
AG
NIO 58
ostk 70
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
AND TSLA 546

B&I Key:
BrokeAssAggie
WDC $45C in the money
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

NIO 58
ostk 70
This...finally. That thing has been dragging down my tax deferred account. Love it long but hate seeing anything down that much as it has been.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

oldarmy1
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

MARA over $6

I sold 25% at $6.20

$MGNI won't quit

And remember when I said I was going all in on OVV at $8 And it it proceeded to drop to under $7? I said I don't care I know the company. I got first 10k shares filled at $13.50 this morning and will be using a large covered call position that will either get me net free or reduced buy average holding to under $7.

In case you are in with me.
Barty Dont Hedge
I know the Trend is our friend but is anyone else nervous that things seem to be going TOO GOOD?
0708aggie
AG
I'm still in at a cost basis of 3.65 net free.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
I can't be the only person seeing the SPY gap and thinking "I should fade this..." right?
FJ43
Help on suggestion - I've got meetings this morning so timing the NIO weekly close order will be a challenge. Thought about setting a close order but not even sure what price to set it at. Any suggestions?

Edit: Selling the 55s at the open and buying the 60s or 63 if it opens at 60 with 10% of profits - OA's guidance.

Rice and Fries
Bitcoin right at ATH.
Hendrix
AG
Yes.
Engine10
AG
ENG 3.14

Really interested to see if we get that pullback after morning action. Basis 1.99. Covered calls obliterated in less than 24 hours lol
Rice and Fries
TSLA hitting around $640/share would make Elon Musk richer than Jeff Bezos. I'm sure ol Jeff would be happy to see that.
BrokeAssAggie
Just sold some MARA for $6.25
FJ43
Engine10 said:

ENG 3.14

Really interested to see if we get that pullback after morning action. Basis 1.99. Covered calls obliterated in less than 24 hours lol
I suspect there will be some at some point since the calls are to 12/18. Maybe not today but still weeks away. The calls at $2.50 plus the premium to the buyer he paid for the calls so they would be exercising for a cost of approx. $3.35 cost per share all in. I would think it needs to hold above that to exercise anytime soon.

Engine10
AG
Engine10 said:

ENG 3.14

For the record I'm not mad about this! Worst case scenario in eating the short we're still up bigly at these prices. Long way to go
jwhitlock3
CrazyRichAggie said:

Just sold some MARA for $6.25

Yeah I sold March 7.50s yesterday and never dreamed we'd be sitting here in the 6's today. Wild
McInnis 03
AG
ENG is an interesting energy play, they need projects to be busy (I did not jump in yesterday and OA is a camp fire tale teller if he says he knew it'd jump 70-100 percent in overnight lol). Project work has ground to a snails pace since the slow down. I haven't seen O&G budgets getting released into massive play yet either.

Not going to say I don't want to pick up some single digit O&G plays though......there is money to be made there in anticipation of the startup again.

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 2494 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.