Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,321 Views | 231641 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by ProgN
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oldarmy1 said:

Look at those weekly $55 NIO calls. 24k!

Thanks for the heads up on NIO. Made a great profit on those.
gougler08
AG
I can be taught (read the chart the same as OA for MOMO
gigemJTH12
AG
kind of off topic but wanted to post so OA could see it.

my SIL got married this weekend and we stayed in some cabins at the venue all weekend. Got home yesterday and my wives 6 rings(including engagement and wedding bands) were not there. After all day searching yesterday between us and the people at the venue, they are still gone.

Trying to keep things in perspective because no one has died but its a very sad time at my house right now. I had the ring on my old insurance policy but last year I switched providers and didnt add the ring. Reliazed it yesterday and I am just sick over it.

posting here as a thank you to OA. I cant replace the ring for a very long time because we will be buying a new house soon and I am 31 so I dont have 15k to drop again without being very financially irresponsible. My thank you to OA is that last night as I couldnt sleep over this I was thinking about how OA made me around 15k this year(in large part to NIO). Its still terrible but deep down I know this lost was offset by stumbling upon this thread and getting into trading.

thank you so much to everyone who has helped me, especially OA.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

I can be taught (read the chart the same as OA for MOMO
gougler08
AG
WDC moving
oldarmy1
AG
God bless you and your family.
FJ43
You literally brought tears to my eyes. Prayers up brother and stay on your horse!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gigemJTH12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

God bless you and your family.
same to you brother. you continue to be a large part of my nightly prayers.
gigemJTH12
AG
thanks so much FJ
cptthunder
Only kinda being a smart**s here but OA seems great and all but from some of the things hes posted about his dad he seems like the one it would be great to sit around a fire and hear some stories from haha
McInnis 03
AG
Dammit. I hate to hear this, but big picture....rings are things.....and things come and go. You and your wife are not things, and what you have is not a thing. THAT doesn't get replaced, THAT is what's genuine.

Sappy stuff makes us all cringe, but we all face things in life and it's important to keep it all in perspective at the end of the trial.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
khaos288
AG
cptthunder said:

Only kinda being a smart**s here but OA seems great and all but from some of the things hes posted about his dad he seems like the one it would be great to sit around a fire and hear some stories from haha
Didn't you hear? OA is buying us a ranch near college station so we can have Bull Scouts of America campouts during the summer and football season.
topher06
FUBO has been a monster call. Thanks to whoever brought that to the board, even if I did get in about a week later.
McInnis 03
AG
khaos288 said:

cptthunder said:

Didn't you hear? OA is buying us a ranch near college station so we can have Bull Scouts of America campouts during the summer and football season.
BULL SCOUTS??!?! NO SIR. WE'RE WHALE WATCHERS.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

khaos288 said:

cptthunder said:

BULL SCOUTS??!?! NO SIR. WE'RE WHALE WATCHERS.
That sounds like a late night game to play at Hurricane Harry's...
McInnis 03
AG
msft 208

B&I Key:
Engine10
AG
NVDA on the 1MC, dive dive dive
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

msft 208
Which calls were the target?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
So wth freaked out the QQQ's?

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

MArkets are very close to previous all-time highs on a second day of consolidation. I think as long as we hold above 3500 on the S&P this is healthy. The election is the most obvious headwind and by all accounts it will be next week for anything to be disclosed on substantiated wide-spread fraud. So markets can drift or slowly engage back upward against yesterday top.

Biggest thing to avoid is not to overtrade after having nothing but success. MSFT collapse hit the stop is my example. I didn't have a particularly large position but thousands loss is thousands lost. If you see MSFT close that $208.12 gap then know that I'll be buying calls out a month and $10 above. I think it will as if a bottom gets put in after these kind of drops you A) usually fill a gap that is within range and B) See an initial technical bounce even if it's short term versus a pure reversal. Think Model T and be taking profit into that mark if it happens.

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
cptthunder said:

100%

He's lead a most fascinating life and the experiences and stories across politics, religion, culture, family and business would be well worth a ticket to hear.
Swollen Thumb
AG
oldarmy1 said:

cptthunder said:

100%

He's lead a most fascinating life and the experiences and stories across politics, religion, culture, family and business would be well worth a ticket to hear.
I'll start the bidding at $500 and will match it with another donation for Honduras.
aggies4life
AG
Alpp!!!
wanderer
Along the lines of the tax discussion a few pages back, I'm considering selling my GOCO (have a cost basis of ~$16). I can't say I've given up on the stock, I'd be doing it for tax purposes to harvest the loss. I could then buy back at the end of December just in time for the Q4 earnings run up. Sounds like a perfect plan right??
AgEng06
AG
wanderer said:

Along the lines of the tax discussion a few pages back, I'm considering selling my GOCO (have a cost basis of ~$16). I can't say I've given up on the stock, I'd be doing it for tax purposes to harvest the loss. I could then buy back at the end of December just in time for the Q4 earnings run up. Sounds like a perfect plan right??
Wash sale?
FJ43
wanderer said:

As long as you stay outside of the wash sale rule.

wanderer
oldarmy1 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

oldarmy1 said:

MOMO bounced right off of that trend support line.
Maybe I missed it OA, are you in calls on MOMO?
Yeah, we got a nice move to go net free but they then came back to original entry so bought again using the trend line as the guide.
I'm in 12/18 16c.....are those the ones we're talking about?
ProgN
wanderer said:

Correct, just have to stay out of it for 30 days.
wanderer
FJ43 said:

wanderer said:

As long as you stay outside of the wash sale rule.
Right, I'd wait the 30 days.
astroaggie13
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

trailing stop hit on PYPL for a nice 20% on one scale, re-entered at original cost basis. let's see if it's a gift.

PYPL and SQ hanging in there and showing relative strength against the rest of the big names. I am still in SQ.
Gig em Stros
FJ43
LADR @ $9.12

Running with the Bulls
PLTR over $20
BrokeAssAggie
MBIO 80K sell side
oldarmy1
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 2487 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.