Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,400 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Touchless
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ugh...I hate selling a put and then being assigned the shares before expiration. I wish there was an option for the person that sells the position to have their options exercised first. This mostly applies to covered calls though, i.e. if I sell a covered call and am perfectly happy with someone exercising it and taking my shares from me. If I'm hoping to get called out, I'd rather be first in line so I can then apply those funds to another trade instead of just waiting it out.

Does anyone know the rules behind who ends up having their option assigned? By that I mean, what makes me be assigned from an option I sold vs someone else being assigned that had sold the same option?
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Ha!

So a gap becomes like a magnet for stocks trending down or up. You want to see the gap get filled on a downtrend for best odds of a bounce. MSFT has a gap at $208.12. If it fills that it likely would be with a flash below $208 due to big volume volatility. THAT's when you would want to determine which call strike to buy out at least 2 weeks. I would target the $214 call because that level would be first recapture on reversal.

Ok, I see what you are talking about now. So a big sale off will likely occur sending the Stock down below $208

McInnis 03
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Help me out what's coming
To say that I know would be a farce (mind the sig). That being said, with a purchase of that amount I would suspect a runup is coming, When Steve sees, and posts, that kind of activity......it's typically followed with another post that includes three little rocketships when the stock takes off.

When 7 digit transactions take place on OTM or ATM calls that are dated out a bit, it can mean a move upward is coming. "CAN" mean.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
Touchless said:

Ugh...I hate selling a put and then being assigned the shares before expiration. I wish there was an option for the person that sells the position to have their options exercised first. This mostly applies to covered calls though, i.e. if I sell a covered call and am perfectly happy with someone exercising it and taking my shares from me. If I'm hoping to get called out, I'd rather be first in line so I can then apply those funds to another trade instead of just waiting it out.

Does anyone know the rules behind who ends up having their option assigned? By that I mean, what makes me be assigned from an option I sold vs someone else being assigned that had sold the same option?
If you were assigned, you have 3 days to come up with the cash to complete the transaction I do believe.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
59 South said:

AMD trying to put in a nice little RDR hammer. Close up in the 83s today, and we've upgraded to a full on bullish engulfing to get those calls entered yesterday rockin. 12/18 87.5C at $2.30 if you want a little discount to my entry at $2.50
Shoulda bought moar you dumbarse.

Am I doin it right McFly???
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Hello Roku, what's going on today?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Beerosch
AG
McInnis 03 said:

backintexas2013 said:

To say that I know would be a farce (mind the sig). That being said, with a purchase of that amount I would suspect a runup is coming, When Steve sees, and posts, that kind of activity......it's typically followed with another post that includes three little rocketships when the stock takes off.

When 7 digit transactions take place on OTM or ATM calls that are dated out a bit, it can mean a move upward is coming. "CAN" mean.

So what's your play? The options in the tweet are $6500 per option
McInnis 03
AG
Why you askin' me?!

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Beerosch said:

McInnis 03 said:

backintexas2013 said:

So what's your play? The options in the tweet are $6500 per option
Honestly I'm just observing. I did my plays yesterday and escaped with a couple of net free 500c's on DEC4 and DEC11. I'm not sure I have a plan minus seeing if the momentum returns, and if it does riding it like a wave for a few seconds then bailing out.

Lowest risk plays would be vertical call spreads that are a bit ATM or OTM I think dated far enough out to capitalize a bit.

B&I Key:
UpstateAg
AG
MGNI. You beautiful beast. Bought back early this morning. Now just watching it. CAN IT GET TO 14 TODAY??

Hilarious.
Touchless
AG
Thanks. I sold some GOCO $15P a while back. Net entry really is $13.14 for me so it helps me average down in that sense, but I was planning to buy it back tomorrow and then sell the December instead. Given the recent price action, probably should have just done this early in the week.

Still not sure how the system determines which seller of an option to assign if someone exercises. Does each individual option have like a unique identifier so as it's bought and sold over time, whoever the current buyer and seller of a specific option is when it's exercised is how it's determined who is assigned?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
59 South said:

59 South said:

AMD trying to put in a nice little RDR hammer. Close up in the 83s today, and we've upgraded to a full on bullish engulfing to get those calls entered yesterday rockin. 12/18 87.5C at $2.30 if you want a little discount to my entry at $2.50
Shoulda bought moar you dumbarse.

Am I doin it right McFly???

Holy carp. Should be net free on an 83 1dte after i got 2 this morning at .61. Thoughts on an exit on the other one or could this run to close tomorrow?
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Ha!

So a gap becomes like a magnet for stocks trending down or up. You want to see the gap get filled on a downtrend for best odds of a bounce. MSFT has a gap at $208.12. If it fills that it likely would be with a flash below $208 due to big volume volatility. THAT's when you would want to determine which call strike to buy out at least 2 weeks. I would target the $214 call because that level would be first recapture on reversal.

Ok, I see what you are talking about now. So a big sale off will likely occur sending the Stock down below $208

That's what we are hoping for.,...
Brewmaster
AG
any of you jump in TDOC? up nicely on weekly 185C. Also added shares yesterday. Wish I'd gone bigger in it, but really need to play more conservative (further out expirations).

Also added Dec FUBO 25C yesterday - seems to be consolidating and toying with shorts today until next ripper.
gougler08
AG
Well boys, good thing I've made some money this year as we just had baby #3 yesterday! I actually get a long paternity leave so probably will end up being more active than usual!

You guys keep pumping up MGNI and MBIO while I'm at the hospital!

59 South
AG
Not sure mate. There's some clear resistance in the 85-86 area as we're seeing right now. But there's also some major repetitive volume spiking going on, and some major call volume spikes as well... I can't find any news, but seems like something is coming... who knows when.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Engine10
AG
Speaking of gap watches, $ZM creeping creeping towards resistance levels. They also pulled forward their next earnings report if I'm remembering that right. Looks like anything through $435 or so and we're off to the races, lockdown news+cases rising might give this a real chance.

59 South
AG
Congrats my man!
tsuag10
AG
Congrats!

We had #3 back in March. You're officially outnumbered now!

Good luck; you're gonna need it!
FJ43
gougler08 said:

Well boys, good thing I've made some money this year as we just had baby #3 yesterday! I actually get a long paternity leave so probably will end up being more active than usual!

You guys keep pumping up MGNI and MBIO while I'm at the hospital!

Congratulations! What a blessing!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

spud1910
AG
Congratulations!
FJ43
KNDI may have an entry point here if you want to trade the trend of this one.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

AgEng06
AG
OA - I have a smaller account w/ 400 shares of MGNI at $7.37 average. Do you recommend going net free and holding, or letting it ride?

The intent is to hold this long-term.
AgEng06
AG
Congrats man!
Engine10
AG
Incredible blessing. Congrats and hope mom and baby are well!
zag213004
AG
AgEng06 said:

OA - I have a smaller account w/ 400 shares of MGNI at $7.37 average. Do you recommend going net free and holding, or letting it ride?

To add to that OA1, do you see this at these values or higher by end of 2021
UpstateAg
AG
I'm no OA, but my PT for 2021 is 20s on MGNI.
oldarmy1
AG
AgEng06 said:

Go net free. Free up capital for next trades
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Congrats! Too bad the markets are closed at 2am, right? You're gonna have to start trading futures!
oldarmy1
AG
zwhag2010 said:

AgEng06 said:

To add to that OA1, do you see this at these values or higher by end of 2021
This is a pretty significant breakout on volume so you can definitely expect ebbs and flows to reach above $25.
oldarmy1
AG
Congratulations!
AgEng06
AG
Thank you, sir.
oldarmy1
AG
Well MSFT held last 3 support levels and now on a tighter squeeze build. Doubtful we get a gap fill this cycle
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

It's coming.

I feel like this is where ol' John Carter would buy some vertical call spreads that are OTM and just sit and wait.

I did that yesterday.

-DefinitelyNotJohnCarter
First Page Last Page
Page 2471 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.