Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,394 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Coachbro20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oldarmy1 said:

TMOOSE said:

Getting some Cheap $ET options here.

So much activity and high volume. Let me know what you guys think!

That's a lot of volume but with low premiums. Still why not a few 100 Jan 15 $7's
ET attempting to break and stay above $6....any potential exit target here?
oldarmy1
AG
Touchless said:

At what point would you consider reentering the Jan $45 WDC calls?
Everyone is net free but if you wanted to enter new or add risk then buying $1.60 would be great entry
Texas Tea
AG
Texas Tea said:

PearlJammin said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

PearlJammin said:

Need some help with MGNI. Not well versed on call options....

I have 12.50 Dec 15th calls purchased at a strike price of 0.80. I thought you only get called out at the time the option expires, not before? I basically just get my money back?

I also have about 600 shares that I purchased separately at $5.05.

Did you sell the calls, or buy the calls?
The purchaser of American options can exercise at any time before the expiration date. If you sold them, you can sell or hold, but cannot do anything about exercise.

I bought the call options back in July to take advantage of strike price premiums.

Since I just sold covered call with the same strike and date, I'd hang on to them because they're going to the moon.

oldarmy1
AG
Coachbro20 said:

oldarmy1 said:

TMOOSE said:

That's a lot of volume but with low premiums. Still why not a few 100 Jan 15 $7's

Heck if i know. I only said I would take a position based on his posting the volume. I suppose I'll see if we can get net free and then hang on for 200%+. If it really runs I'd likely even call some shares out.
ClutchCityAg
I played this too, just looking for about 15-30% gain. Don't wanna get greedy.
Let it ride
0708aggie
AG
Sold my MGNI 12/18 calls for 110% gain this morning. Hold another 3k shares long. What does everyone think about selling March covered calls $15 strike at $1.85?
YNWA_AG
AG
Finally hit 25k after blowing up my trading account in late 2018 before I started following this thread. Put 1500 back in 2019 and started following OA moves. Thanks.
McInnis 03
Aggie1391
0708aggie said:

Sold my MGNI 12/18 calls for 110% gain this morning. Hold another 3k shares long. What does everyone think about selling March covered calls $15 strike at $1.85?
I sold Mar $15 covered called yesterday for $1. Really wish I waited until today
ClutchCityAg
YNWA_AG said:

Finally hit 25k after blowing up my trading account in late 2018 before I started following this thread. Put 1500 back in 2019 and started following OA moves. Thanks.
Wow Congrats! That's amazing, hoping to do the same next year (the 25K part, not the blowing it up part lol)
Let it ride
FJ43
Coachbro20 said:

oldarmy1 said:

TMOOSE said:

I've got a pile of the 1/15 7cs and there is plenty of time. As long as it continues its support my target is around $6.25ish I should be able to go net free. Needs to break $6 and hold it first though.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
y'all are in tesla right? loading the boat.
FJ43
YNWA_AG said:

Congrats! Great story to share on how to not blow one up and how to get back in the saddle again. Really happy for you and keep rolling!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

oldarmy1
AG
KNDI EV player brokeout and running
zag213004
AG
Texas Tea said:

Texas Tea said:

PearlJammin said:

PearlJammin said:

I have 12.50 Dec 15th calls purchased at a strike price of 0.80. I thought you only get called out at the time the option expires, not before? I basically just get my money back?

The purchaser of American options can exercise at any time before the expiration date. If you sold them, you can sell or hold, but cannot do anything about exercise.

I bought the call options back in July to take advantage of strike price premiums.

Since I just sold covered call with the same strike and date, I'd hang on to them because they're going to the moon.

I rolled out my covered calls for a higher premium so if I do get called out I have more premium
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

y'all are in tesla right? loading the boat.
oh yeah. LFG. GLTFA.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

It got misty around here
McInnis 03
AG
Changing lives friend. Teaching people to fish.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
AMD trying to put in a nice little RDR hammer. Close up in the 83s today, and we've upgraded to a full on bullish engulfing to get those calls entered yesterday rockin. 12/18 87.5C at $2.30 if you want a little discount to my entry at $2.50
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
BobFriend13
AG
I know I'm new because I keep selling MGNI at the worst times.
oldarmy1
AG
BobFriend13 said:

I guess I should have said don't look at EVER.
McInnis 03
AG
SELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

B&I Key:
Texas Tea
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Texas Tea said:

Texas Tea said:

PearlJammin said:

PearlJammin said:

I rolled out my covered calls for a higher premium so if I do get called out I have more premium

Yeah, I'm looking to do the same. The good news is that it's only 1/3 of my position and MGNI has been very, very good to me. Thank you oldarmy1.
BobFriend13
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BobFriend13 said:

I guess I should have said don't look at EVER.
I'm listening and trying to learn but making a little money makes me do stupid things. At least I'm learning my lesson while still green and not red
BrokeAssAggie

I'm not very smart so can you explain this for me? At what point do you enter the $214 Calls? When the stock hits $211?

I don't see $214 calls, I see 12/18 $215
59 South
AG
Just put MGNI at $20 and let's go from there.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

I'm not very smart so can you explain this for me? At what point do you enter the $214 Calls? When the stock hits $211?
I must be missing something or a typo. I only see 12/18 215c and they are currently at $4.40/$4.55

Mister Cooper
AG
Haven't been active in a while on the board since having to go back into the office.. but gonna buy a lotto. SQ $250 12/4 calls look cheap
oldarmy1
AG
Ha!

So a gap becomes like a magnet for stocks trending down or up. You want to see the gap get filled on a downtrend for best odds of a bounce. MSFT has a gap at $208.12. If it fills that it likely would be with a flash below $208 due to big volume volatility. THAT's when you would want to determine which call strike to buy out at least 2 weeks. I would target the $214 call because that level would be first recapture on reversal.
oldarmy1
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

ATVI red to green
Need another $1 on ATVI to get above that $77.50 mark after this initial reversal consolidation.
McInnis 03
AG
It's coming.

B&I Key:
UpstateAg
AG
Waiting on PLTR to come to my buy point...

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

It's coming.

I feel like this is where ol' John Carter would buy some vertical call spreads that are OTM and just sit and wait.

B&I Key:
backintexas2013
AG
Help me out what's coming
khaos288
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Help me out what's coming
TSLA CALLS ALWAYS PAY
First Page Last Page
Page 2470 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.