Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,916 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
holy s man. I am a huge fan of Roatan.
Engine10
AG
God those Honduras images are just terrible. Will donate more. Have good friends from Nica but they have relatives there. Will be a very long road to recovery
Carlo4
AG
sad part is a third storm might be forming and aiming to that area... so far just a disturbance but hopefully nothing remotely close to the past two major hurricanes.
Bird Poo
AG
Need some help with MGNI. Not well versed on call options....

I have 12.50 Dec 18th calls purchased at a strike price of 0.80. I thought you only get called out at the time the option expires, not before? I basically just get my money back?

I also have about 600 shares that I purchased separately at $5.05.
AgEng06
AG
Who was it that jinxed LADR earlier?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
PearlJammin said:

I have 12.50 Dec 15th calls purchased at a strike price of 0.80. I thought you only get called out at the time the option expires, not before? I basically just get my money back?

Did you sell the calls, or buy the calls?
The purchaser of American options can exercise at any time before the expiration date. If you sold them, you can sell or hold, but cannot do anything about exercise.
FJ43
AgEng06 said:

Who was it that jinxed LADR earlier?
That would probably be me alerting to being above $9. I have a high level disdain for the political climate torching things these days.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bird Poo
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

PearlJammin said:

I have 12.50 Dec 15th calls purchased at a strike price of 0.80. I thought you only get called out at the time the option expires, not before? I basically just get my money back?

The purchaser of American options can exercise at any time before the expiration date. If you sold them, you can sell or hold, but cannot do anything about exercise.

I bought the call options back in July to take advantage of strike price premiums.
McInnis 03
AG
Then you're the one making the decisions
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Jet Black
MBIO $3.14 AH
Texas Tea
AG
PearlJammin said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

PearlJammin said:

I bought the call options back in July to take advantage of strike price premiums.

Since I just sold covered call with the same strike and date, I'd hang on to them because they're going to the moon.
Madmarttigan
AG
Hospital getting shipment of vaccine from Pfizer next week. Don't know how this is happening so fast.
BrokeAssAggie
tv1113 said:

Hospital getting shipment of vaccine from Pfizer next week. Don't know how this is happening so fast.

I would be putting that sheet in my body
khaos288
AG
Thank god for modern medicine.

I imagine there's a team of biochemists working around the clock who need a big ass bonus this year.
Engine10
AG
tv1113 said:

Some might say it's going at...Warp Speed
cptthunder
tv1113 said:

Is this the actual vaccine or the trial runs they are doing in 4 states?
Madmarttigan
AG
Our email is vague but it sounds like a substantial shipment that will be made available to employees and they are making a distribution plan
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
tv1113 said:

Our email is vague but it sounds like a substantial shipment that will be made available to employees and they are making a distribution plan
can i be you? I haven't flown so long I am getting the shakes.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Engine10 said:

tv1113 said:

Some might say it's going at...Warp Speed

Yeah i thought a main component of warp speed was going ahead and manufacturing big batches of promising vaccines ahead of approval so they could get going on distribution as soon as they got approved
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Sold 100% of my F calls. Over 100% ROI.

Thanks for this, checked the forum at lunch and cashed in my 130%! Too bad i only bought 5 contracts...
oldarmy1
AG
MSFT hit below $111. Remember that gap $108.75. A red open gets you there most likely.
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

MSFT hit below $111. Remember that gap $108.75. A red open gets you there most likely.
211 and 208.75? Or are you looking at options of some kind
jwhitlock3
Engine10 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Oh Mission Command software for the US Army? That's my kind of headline - and describes the kind of moat Palantir has. There's just not that many companies that can do this.

Is this a company I should be going long for? Wanted to at $10 but didn't understand the business model enough. Now its at $18 and I feel like I missed the boat but I dont want to be kicking myself when it's $100 stock in 2 years.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What's $100 between friends?
khaos288
AG
If Msft hits 111 tomorrow I may never retire
ProgN
Test

ETA: I started a thread on F16 that was locked after 4 replies. Just checkin* my status in here.
Red Rover
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Prognightmare said:

Don't waste your time. He/she/zhe is a troll.

Uh, I post here all the time. Not a troll.
I think they were saying the Brewer post with the troll picture was a troll, not you.
ProgN
Red Rover said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Prognightmare said:

Don't waste your time. He/she/zhe is a troll.

Uh, I post here all the time. Not a troll.
I think they were saying the Brewer post with the troll picture was a troll, not you.
Nah, he was right.
FJ43
Great tool guys courtesy of Ripster reminding folks.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Post removed:
by user
FJ43
jayelbee said:

What time frame? The following hour, rest of day, weekly options play?

You can use it to see how sectors are performing real time throughout the day and then filter by individual stocks real time. Helps narrow down a list to look into or avoid depending if you are going long or short. Also whether shares or options but you'll have to look at the technicals for each stock but sort of a live filter go get a quick list. Can help you avoid taking positions in a sector or stock that's trending the wrong direction at any given moment in a trading day. His tweet he highlighted the best performing sector then filtered by best trending/performing stock in that sector.

As an example a stock may be trending ok but the sector is trending down. There may be better plays in that case.

Also you can see where you can choose a day, 5 day, etc depending on your trading objective to see the trends of the sector and stock.

McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

Great tool guys courtesy of Ripster reminding folks.

I have a watch list I keep open all day of all the XL funds (xle xlk xlf etc) and I basically monitor their% change all day. Watching the sectors is vitally important. ESPECIALLY xlf (banks) and xlk (tech)

Got this idea from John Carter
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
EngrAg14
AG
khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

211 and 208.75? Or are you looking at options of some kind
The 208.75 is the bottom of the gap, once it hits or gets near 209 setup options for around 5-10% less of that value at 209 and likely to hit then instantly bounce.
MSFT earnings, workplaces moving to more remote and just their overall growth means this stock should be much higher. I've been super big on MSFT and sadly been losing waiting for the rebound but its because it hasn't filled this gap yet.

I'm likely going 20% of my portfolio for 220 Jan 2021. May grab some Mid 2021 for 230 depending on price of the 220 and 230 at that time.
trip98
AG
tv1113 said:

Pretty simple that it's either 1 of 2 things...
1...it's for trials your hospital is going to help administer soon
2....with their current data they have been given green light to distribute to places that have the refrigeration needed to hold it for long while...then after more data comes back if govt gives pfizer the go-ahead they will tell y'all to start vaccination of employees and it happens right away
Warp speed baby
khaos288
AG
Yeah I'm heavy msft in the old 401k. Glad to see there's potentially light at the end of this down turn
First Page Last Page
Page 2467 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.