Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,219 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

gougler08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

BREwmaster said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

S&P going off a cliff

I feel like I'm missing something?

It's down 0.3% today, wouldn't call that much of a cliff
Now?

I mean it's not good, but we haven't even fallen below the 8 EMA yet
FJ43
RKT.....I can't help but laugh. No sweetie we didn't win today. I HATE when that is my response.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

jwhitlock3
FJ43 said:

RKT.....I can't help but laugh. No sweetie we didn't win today. I HATE when that is my response.
I have these same talks and she can tell it was a day when I say "eh you win some you lose some...Chic-fil-A for dinner??"
jj9000
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

gougler08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

BREwmaster said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

S&P going off a cliff

I feel like I'm missing something?

It's down 0.3% today, wouldn't call that much of a cliff
Now?
Good grief, man.

S&P hasn't been this low since

Wait for it
Wait for it
Wait for it

Friday of last week...11/13/20.
oldarmy1
AG
Rice and Fries said:

MARA WTF

I told you guys to use the covered calls out to Dec or even March!

Fireman
AG
59 South said:

Alright, I'm off to Netflix and chill, but I've reviewed some of my favs and see some good setups to share...

SQ - I can easily see an explosion move to take out $200 in the next week or 2

Good to see your thoughts on SQ. I'm bag holding some Dec. 4 205Cs that I'd really like to see turn around and head North in the next week or two.
ProgN
Don't waste your time. He/she/zhe is a troll.
oldarmy1
AG
MGNI closed at $12.15. Now that's some momentum against the grain of the macro.
CPDAggie10
AG
My account is up big in the green today solely because of MGNI. Thanks OA!
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

MGNI closed at $12.15. Now that's some momentum against the grain of the macro.
My TOS dashboard was beautiful until it wasn't.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Engine10
AG
NVDA blastoff...aaaaaand it's gone. lol
McInnis 03
AG
65 margin, good loud...that's a beautiful thing.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Andddddddddddd, down it goes. I figure the market will buy back the good news over the next few days. Seems to be a trend lately. If it opens down big tomorrow, I may play this like we played SDC. Just gotta wait and see.

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
Gamble of the day. I had my dad's AAPL with $120 covered calls that expire Friday that I had put on at $3.85. They were at $0.87 when i was posting the SPY Put buys. So I felt like markets were going to breakdown and rolled the dice. I sold the Dec 18 $120 covered calls for $3.78 average and just before the close bought back the expiring Friday calls for $0.42.

I was willing to give 20 cents of the rollover away had I had to chase the ask to close the expiring ones. I love doing this sometimes and giving it as an idea.
Carlo4
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Andddddddddddd, down it goes. I figure the market will buy back the good news over the next few days. Seems to be a trend lately. If it opens down big tomorrow, I may play this like we played SDC. Just gotta wait and see.
NYC schools shut down announcement/panic.
zag213004
AG
I sold MGNI cover calls at too low a price (shame, shame). I may get called out on shares if it reaches 12.50 by dec 18... So lets try to keep it at 12.49 and no more all the way to dec 18.
oldarmy1
AG
zwhag2010 said:

I sold MGNI cover calls at too low a price (shame, shame). I may get called out on shares if it reaches 12.50 by dec 18... So lets try to keep it at 12.49 and no more all the way to dec 18.
It just traded at $12.29
FJ43
FYI - On ATVI the last trade on the 12/18 82.5C was at $0.68. B/A is .68/,72 right now. I removed my stop AH so by some chance I don't get flashed out at .65 only to have it rebound back up an hour later tomorrow. I will watch it in the morning but for me given the close today I am willing to let it go a little lower.

AgEng06
AG
Thank you for pointing this out!
oldarmy1
AG
Did everyone exit PINS?
E
AG
No... but I will tomorrow
FJ43
Carlo4 said:

McInnis 03 said:

ZM off to the races on that I think.

ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
UpstateAg
AG
I've got calls sold at 12.5 for this week. I'll look to get back in on a dip if called out. Been making too much selling premium on this one. Apple wishes it was this awesome of a stock.
Carlo4
AG
FJ43 said:

Carlo4 said:

McInnis 03 said:

ZM off to the races on that I think.
bounced $30 a share quickly, and now some selling off now (up $20 a share now).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Prognightmare said:

Don't waste your time. He/she/zhe is a troll.

Uh, I post here all the time. Not a troll.
CPDAggie10
AG
zwhag2010 said:

I am in the same situation on some of my MGNI shares....except the calls I sold were March expiry(I know huge rookie mistake). So I am almost certain to get called out.

I'm thinking about just going ahead and buying back the calls now to ensure I don't get called out on my shares when the stock might be trading at $15+ and I'll be kicking myself. The sold calls represent about ~35% of my total shares with and average price of $7.5

Thoughts anyone?
oldarmy1
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

zwhag2010 said:

I am in the same situation on some of my MGNI shares....except the calls I sold were March expiry(I know huge rookie mistake). So I am almost certain to get called out.

I'm thinking about just going ahead and buying back the calls now to ensure I don't get called out on my shares when the stock might be trading at $15+ and I'll be kicking myself. The sold calls represent about ~35% of my total shares with and average price of $7.5

Thoughts anyone?
You could always roll out of the $12.50 into the $15's
tam2002
AG
RKT needs to get on with these buybacks they were so proud to announce on earnings
FJ43
If you haven't seen it watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix. Great gut check individually but IMO especially if you are a parent with kids at home still. Founders, execs, engineers, etc. of big tech telling the behind the scenes.

UpstateAg
AG
To quote the infamous trading hedge fund Ludacris... roll out
UpstateAg
AG
And read Cal Newport's Digital Minimalism. Incredible book.
oldarmy1
AG
Engine10
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Oh Mission Command software for the US Army? That's my kind of headline - and describes the kind of moat Palantir has. There's just not that many companies that can do this.
First Page Last Page
Page 2466 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.