Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,034,047 Views | 231630 Replies | Last: 32 sec ago by ProgN
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gougler08 said:

You can sell MARA 3 Nov 16 Puts for $1 right now...pocket the premium or help lower cost base for those holding the bag

NOV 20?
BT1395
AG
Just bought AMZN $3,750 calls for 10/23 - day after earnings.
khaos288
AG
creeping towards green. Flush incoming!
KT 90
AG
aggies4life said:

Anybody still in zom?? Patience or cut losses and move on???

I think most bailed on these prior to the reverse split taking place. May be some net free holders still.

If you do a search on the past history you could probably find some commentary on ZOM, but I don't recall anything recent on here.

zag213004
AG
OA1, still in these 10/23 AMD 90c?
mc_shipman
Kirk going for a run. It's been kind to me lately.
YNWA_AG
AG
McGibblets
AG
aggies4life said:

Anybody still in zom?? Patience or cut losses and move on???

I'm still in on ZOM. Wasn't a large position, and I kind of figure I'll just hold on to it at this point and see if it'll turn green eventually.

Is that the right decision? Who knows, but figure I'd ride it out since I'm not in on it too heavily
0708aggie
AG
Thoughts on a 10/16 PYPL 205 call for tomorrow?
ProgN
https://textags.com/forums/16/topics/3147023

I'm not in TWTR but some people are. You might want to watch the video at the link above.
AgEng06
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://textags.com/forums/16/topics/3147023

I'm not in TWTR but some people are. You might want to watch the video at the link above.
Maybe try this link, that doesn't have a rogue "t" in it.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3147023
ClutchCityAg
Morey stepping down, buying hella Houston Rockets puts
Let it ride
ProgN
Thanks, damn iPad
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Thinking of doing my first ever call.

What's a consensus on a pretty close to slam dunk call out there?

I was actually thinking of doing one on MGNI, so as of this morning you guys got any suggestions on that one in particular?
McInnis 03
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I was actually thinking of doing one on MGNI, so as of this morning you guys got any suggestions on that one in particular?
Buying 1?

Get your feet wet with SPXS, $6c for Jan 21. Watch how it works and how it moves, watch how it decays......it's a cheap ($65) way to learn and watch how options behave over time. Plus it's one you may want if all hell breaks loose in the next 2 months.

If we start to go back up, you'll watch it wither to $.45, and if we continue to fall, you'll watch it break $1.....

Once you have the hang of that, participate in a call on a stock you're very familiar with the bahavior of.

Then when you really want to shoot the heroin.....actually, just stay away from the TSLA weeklies, you'll be better for it.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
E
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I am very ok with this happening!
McGibblets
AG
Hopefully I was the only one with VRTX in my bag. That'll ruin a morning
0708aggie
AG
Went with PYPL 10/16 202.5 at 1.22
TMOOSE
0708aggie said:

Went with PYPL 10/16 202.5 at 1.22
Id di the same but paid $1.23. ALready some green. Your 205 was a bit risky for me.
Let it Ride
0708aggie
AG
Agree. Thats why I switched it up.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Buying 1?

Get your feet wet with SPXS, $6c for Jan 21. Watch how it works and how it moves, watch how it decays......it's a cheap ($65) way to learn and watch how options behave over time. Plus it's one you may want if all hell breaks loose in the next 2 months.

If we start to go back up, you'll watch it wither to $.45, and if we continue to fall, you'll watch it break $1.....

Once you have the hang of that, participate in a call on a stock you're very familiar with the bahavior of.

Then when you really want to shoot the heroin.....actually, just stay away from the TSLA weeklies, you'll be better for it.
Got it, will give it a shot...
Touchless
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Classic reversal sell harami on the macro markets. Need to bust that up tomorrow. One on the top is illustration from the internet on what a reversal harami looks like. Not much difference in there?

I have a stupid question for anyone that can help. Trying to learn the charts more and I can't figure this out with the digging I've done so far.

When I look at my chart on TOS, the candles don't match OA's. Can someone explain why they're different? They're both SPY daily's, but mine doesn't show the Harami on 9/24 like OA's.

Also, do y'all prefer to use regular candles or the candle trend style?

gougler08
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

gougler08 said:

You can sell MARA 3 Nov 16 Puts for $1 right now...pocket the premium or help lower cost base for those holding the bag

NOV 20?
Yeah I can't type apparently
FJ43
Picked up some QD here at $1.25/26. Will accumulate more if it goes below $1.25 for a swing trade or to get a few net free shares.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

TMOOSE
Can't type either with me seeing so much red.
Let it Ride
0708aggie
AG
Slow day here ...
jwhitlock3
I'll go ahead and take the days prize for worst trade. I got a weekly SPY 343 put thinking we opened and fell off and ita done nothing but climb all day. Now I have to decide whether we're truly in a downtrend and hold till tomorrow or cut my loss and walk away this afternoon.
oldarmy1
AG
zwhag2010 said:

OA1, still in these 10/23 AMD 90c?
Yes.
WoMD
FJ43 said:

Picked up some QD here at $1.25/26. Will accumulate more if it goes below $1.25 for a swing trade or to get a few net free shares.

Not that long ago people were saying that when it dropped to 1.6. I'm sure you don't need a reminder on that, but this one isn't something I'd touch (anymore). Something about catching a falling knife and all that...

Down 40-50% (probably a lot more by now actually) on it, even stupid people like me learn lessons on occasion. Probably not the right lesson, but it is what it is...

Edit to add, I would love to make this into a reverse jinx. Like how *****ing about how ****ty mond is made him better last week, maybe this will work here...
TMOOSE
jwhitlock3 said:

I'll go ahead and take the days prize for worst trade. I got a weekly SPY 343 put thinking we opened and fell off and ita done nothing but climb all day. Now I have to decide whether we're truly in a downtrend and hold till tomorrow or cut my loss and walk away this afternoon.

That can't beat me buying a TSLA option for 10/23 $475 at $25 at close yesterday.

Guess no ski trip for me this year
Let it Ride
oldarmy1
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

You had to of entered when seeing the Harami pattern developed to profit. Right now the markets have a reversal pattern cross showing. See if there is any late selloff first but tomorrow can still retest today's intraday and more, so I expect no quick move up, especially with options expiration tomorrow.

Gun to head this looks like nothing more than a convenient time to consolidate, shaking out shareholders ahead of the stimulus deal that will eventually get done. Democrats have enormous pressure to get it done after the SC Justice stuff and Pelosi going nuts with Blitzer. So I would say a few days sideways action and then break higher. Lot of patience and if you agree steady picking off attractive entries like AAPL calls.
oldarmy1
AG
I expect CHWY to make a new high on the resurgent fear-mongering over a virus. $70 calls mid November timeframe. Give it some time and it will pay 100% I'm confident.
topher06
oldarmy1 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

You had to of entered when seeing the Harami pattern developed to profit. Right now the markets have a reversal pattern cross showing. See if there is any late selloff first but tomorrow can still retest today's intraday and more, so I expect no quick move up, especially with options expiration tomorrow.

Gun to head this looks like nothing more than a convenient time to consolidate, shaking out shareholders ahead of the stimulus deal that will eventually get done. Democrats have enormous pressure to get it done after the SC Justice stuff and Pelosi going nuts with Blitzer. So I would say a few days sideways action and then break higher. Lot of patience and if you agree steady picking off attractive entries like AAPL calls.
Any other attractive entries you see. Picked up some of the calls (you can actually get better pricing now than I secured), but don't want to put too many eggs in one basket. Agree that a stimulus will get passed.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lal4l said:

jwhitlock3 said:

That can't beat me buying a TSLA option for 10/23 $475 at $25 at close yesterday.

Guess no ski trip for me this year
I think TSLA could still hook up for earnings.
FJ43
WoMD said:

FJ43 said:

Not that long ago people were saying that when it dropped to 1.6. I'm sure you don't need a reminder on that, but this one isn't something I'd touch (anymore). Something about catching a falling knife and all that...

Down 40-50% (probably a lot more by now actually) on it, even stupid people like me learn lessons on occasion. Probably not the right lesson, but it is what it is...

Edit to add, I would love to make this into a reverse jinx. Like how *****ing about how ****ty mond is made him better last week, maybe this will work here...
Totally understand. I was in the same boat when I was in at $1.75 but managed to get out flat before the larger drop. I have done a few swing trades on it successfully the past month so going for the next round.

Sold the kids, pets and farm animals for MGNI and MBIO so using lunch money for fun on it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 2335 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.