Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,216 Views | 231641 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by ProgN
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
thirdcoast
AG
texagbeliever said:

Pelosi went on Wolf Blitzer and basically said she didn't want to see the stock market go up and checks go out with Trump's name on it. Mnuchin just had the golden opportunity to throw Pelosi under bus just now on CNBC and didn't. If no deal prior to election was certain, I would think the gloves would come off on Pelosi by now.
Carlo4
AG
Sounds like Mnuchin is taking the high road and knows a deal is happening. Pelosi is pandering to make it look like she would get the better deal/has the upper hand in negotiating.... she clearly doesn't here.

BrokeAssAggie
Carlo4 said:

Sounds like Mnuchin is taking the high road and knows a deal is happening. Pelosi is pandering to make it look like she would get the better deal/has the upper hand in negotiating.... she clearly doesn't here.

That's why I didn't get why the market is responding his way. Everyone knows a deal will get done within the next 4 weeks.
texagbeliever
CrazyRichAggie said:

Carlo4 said:

That's why I didn't get why the market is responding his way. Everyone knows a deal will get done within the next 4 weeks.
Coordinated hard pullback right before a new stimulus that sends stocks to new All time Highs. It would be institutions slaying the retailers.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
CrazyRichAggie said:

Carlo4 said:

Do we? I think it's likely and didn't think it would go this far, but there's risk that nothing gets done.
Baby Billy
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/15/smead-nightmare-us-stock-valuations-driven-by-young-dumb-investors.html

Quote:

U.S. equity valuations have become a "total nightmare" fueled by "young and dumb" investors, according to Cole Smead, president and portfolio manager at Smead Capital Management.

At present, investors are paying 22 times forward earnings to purchase stocks on the S&P 500, 50% higher than the 10-year average valuations across the index.

The forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio divides the current share price of a company by its estimated future earnings per share (EPS).

Much of the market rally which took the U.S. benchmark from correction territory in March to an all-time high in August was driven by tech megastocks and a bullish options market.

"The buying that went on in August and September is a 10-year phenomenon the likes of which we have never seen, among millennials and in the risk-taking among people that don't want to own bonds and want to own overpriced U.S. quality businesses, it is of record proportions," Smead told CNBC's "Squawk Box Europe" on Thursday.

He added that current valuations were an example of "stock market failure" driven by millennials speculating in the stock market for the first time. Smead projected that markets could be in for a nosedive since despite its monetary policy shoring up credit markets, the Federal Reserve "can't save a stock market."

"They are buying bullish call options that expire inside two weeks. There was ($500 billion) of bullish call options bought in a four-week stretch by small retail traders," Smead said.
Quote:

Microsoft is a wonderful company, but at 40 times earnings, there is a 0% chance of that producing wealth for someone over the next 10 years that will meet their needs."

Despite a sharp tech sell-off in early September, Microsoft shares remain 40% higher since the turn of the year, while fellow tech titans Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Facebook and Netflix have all been on a tear since March's crash.
Good read and touches on what I was talking about yesterday about seeing what RH traders are feeding on.

This is bull***** RobinHood traders are not influencing the market that much. This is a weak take.
Drip99
AG
Didn't Mnuchin say a stimulus was unlikely prior to election yesterday?
Engine10
AG
SPAQ platform announced to build the Ocean, bullish heading into merger in two weeks!
BoydCrowder13
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/15/smead-nightmare-us-stock-valuations-driven-by-young-dumb-investors.html

Quote:

U.S. equity valuations have become a "total nightmare" fueled by "young and dumb" investors, according to Cole Smead, president and portfolio manager at Smead Capital Management.

At present, investors are paying 22 times forward earnings to purchase stocks on the S&P 500, 50% higher than the 10-year average valuations across the index.

The forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio divides the current share price of a company by its estimated future earnings per share (EPS).

Much of the market rally which took the U.S. benchmark from correction territory in March to an all-time high in August was driven by tech megastocks and a bullish options market.

"The buying that went on in August and September is a 10-year phenomenon the likes of which we have never seen, among millennials and in the risk-taking among people that don't want to own bonds and want to own overpriced U.S. quality businesses, it is of record proportions," Smead told CNBC's "Squawk Box Europe" on Thursday.

He added that current valuations were an example of "stock market failure" driven by millennials speculating in the stock market for the first time. Smead projected that markets could be in for a nosedive since despite its monetary policy shoring up credit markets, the Federal Reserve "can't save a stock market."

"They are buying bullish call options that expire inside two weeks. There was ($500 billion) of bullish call options bought in a four-week stretch by small retail traders," Smead said.
Quote:

Microsoft is a wonderful company, but at 40 times earnings, there is a 0% chance of that producing wealth for someone over the next 10 years that will meet their needs."

Despite a sharp tech sell-off in early September, Microsoft shares remain 40% higher since the turn of the year, while fellow tech titans Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Facebook and Netflix have all been on a tear since March's crash.
Good read and touches on what I was talking about yesterday about seeing what RH traders are feeding on.

Eh Microsoft is probably about to blow out earnings for like the 6th straight time. And their P/E ratio was higher in both 2016 and all of 2018. That is a weird example.
Aggies1322
AG
JesusQuintana said:

Didn't Mnuchin say a stimulus was unlikely prior to election yesterday?

He clarified that it should happen if Pelosi will stop playing politics. His interview was a lot more positive this morning, at least the $300B in PPP funds should get passed soon.. said there is no reason not to.
astroaggie13
AG
jtmoney03 said:

I've got an eye on ZM. I like the stock, but it's moves have been inflated during covid, imo. May look at a few cheaper OTM puts for tomorrow and see if it swings down lower today. As long as there isn't a wave of lockdown news or crazy increases in cases/deaths, I expect it to drop a little today. Down 2% in PM.

ZM is the only thing I have in the green today.
Gig em Stros
McInnis 03
AG
ZM BOOM
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
Red. Everywhere Red

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BrokeAssAggie
This good for the November $22.5 Call also?

TxAG#2011
ehrmantraut said:

Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Quote:

This is bull***** RobinHood traders are not influencing the market that much. This is a weak take.
He's just asshurt robinhood traders bought the bottom and were crushing it blindly buying calls
AgEng06
AG
How low can MGNI go? I want to add to my position.
BrokeAssAggie
AgEng06 said:

AgEng06
AG
Thanks, I missed that one!
Engine10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ZM BOOM

New lockdowns coming overseas, Germany about to go down as well
ClutchCityAg
AgEng06 said:

I have GTC buy orders set for $8 and then every .15 increment below that
Let it ride
Touchless
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Touchless said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

If you buy a $SPY PUT out 30 days the movement isn't very pronounced unless a big market move occurs. So with SPY so close to a key support level and early move upward you can enter it and exit if SPY moves above $352.50. Probably less than a $20 loss on say a $330 Put.
We're still holding 3500 SPX but SPY is ahead of the selling. Options green green
With these currently looking good, how long would you suggest holding vs taking the profit? I bought 11/16 $330P that are up close to 20% now and have helped as a hedge today with several others struggling.
I closed out 25% to have a no loss position now. I don't want to part with any more because the reversal pattern is so close to confirming.
How are you playing the remaining 75% here? Sounded like you may be buying shares against it to protect against the upside. Any thoughts for an account that doesn't have the funds to buy hundreds of shares of SPY?
tam2002
AG
RKT at 22.50. Good spot to start a position?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Is anyone thinking puts on twitter what has unraveled in the last 24 hours? I do not think this will end well for them, and that thought is not even political.
CPDAggie10
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Are you buying the November calls on this one? I recall OA saying something earlier in the week about selling covered calls against shares?
ProgN

Wrong person
TecRecAg
AG
Hi I'm TecRecAg and there's no ****ing way I'm trading today.
ProgN
tam2002 said:

Yes, I added to my position.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Trump will be interviewed on Varney on FBN at 9:00 and I expect there will be economic questions and more about stimulus
jtmoney03
AG
Yep, F Me! That's why I just had an eye on it, wasn't definitive. Lockdown news puts a rocket in its behind.
BrokeAssAggie
CPDAggie10 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Are you buying the November calls on this one? I recall OA saying something earlier in the week about selling covered calls against shares?
This was his post:

Little different trade here. I bought GRWG and sold the Nov $22.50 covered calls for $1.20-$1.15

I was watching it to actually buy those as a straight call trade but decided to take the shares with a net below $17 on the premium if not above $22.50 or making the $4/share plus the $1.22 for $5.22/share if above $22.50.

If you want to go straight options then buying the $22.50 Nov 20 calls would be the way to go at $1.10
E
AG
Prognightmare said:

tam2002 said:

Common shares or calls? I think a bunch of us are in the 10/30 $24's
ProgN
I'm only in shares.
ProgN
E said:

Prognightmare said:

tam2002 said:

Common shares or calls? I think a bunch of us are in the 10/30 $24's
I like those options but I've decreased my option exposure due to the looming election.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Me too. Loaded up on MGNI shares and calls as well as RKT calls at the open. Sold AMZN flies pinned at 3250 as well as half my SPXU.

Way more bullish than I intended to be. Queue the "let's see how that works out Cotton" gif.
First Page Last Page
Page 2333 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.