Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,135 Views | 231641 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by ProgN
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Adam's levels have been nails...

McInnis 03
AG
I was just skimming the rich people with OI on FSLY puts.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
jwhitlock3
oldarmy1 said:

Classic reversal sell harami on the macro markets. Need to bust that up tomorrow. One on the top is illustration from the internet on what a reversal harami looks like. Not much difference in there?

Looking at the daily, today's close looks like the second confirmation of a downward trend. With that in mind, maybe grab some SPY puts? Red RKT sure fleeced me today, and is sitting right at what looks like support, be interesting to see what this thing does.
FJ43
YNWA_AG said:

Cut guidance
Fastly Cuts Prelim. Q3 Sales Guidance From $73.5M-$75.5M To $70M-$71M vs $74.8M Est... Whoops....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
expecting we stabilize up tomorrow, flat or dump Friday.
ClutchCityAg
YNWA_AG said:

Cut guidance
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3622239-fastly-tumbles-30-after-cutting-guidance
Let it ride
Carlo4
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Classic reversal sell harami on the macro markets. Need to bust that up tomorrow. One on the top is illustration from the internet on what a reversal harami looks like. Not much difference in there?

Looking at the daily, today's close looks like the second confirmation of a downward trend. With that in mind, maybe grab some SPY puts? Red RKT sure fleeced me today, and is sitting right at what looks like support, be interesting to see what this thing does.

Looks like 330s in play potentially next week or two.
MaroonDynasty
FSLY holy ****, time to rotate out of some of the highly prosperous COVID lockdown beneficiary stocks. Definitely need to be forward looking and wondering what these companies will do next year.
gougler08
AG
I've got 30-40% sitting on the sidelines waiting for the election but man I'm getting an itchy trigger finger
FJ43
CX - Good green candles at the close for those of you in it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
gougler08 said:

I've got 30-40% sitting on the sidelines waiting for the election but man I'm getting an itchy trigger finger

You may be missing out on some trades and values but I get being cautious.

Touchless
AG
With FSLY down 27% AH, thoughts on getting a bounce tomorrow. Maybe not a full model T, but that's a pretty significant drop and it seems a lot of these end up bouncing back some the next day. Even if it ends up dropping again on Friday.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Keep some powder dry, the **** storm regarding the election could be bad.JMO
Carlo4
AG
Touchless said:

With FSLY down 27% AH, thoughts on getting a bounce tomorrow. Maybe not a full model T, but that's a pretty significant drop and it seems a lot of these end up bouncing back some the next day. Even if it ends up dropping again on Friday.

ZYXI did the same thing. Bounced back for one good day and then sell off after that.

I was able to get some shares at $88 hoping for a bounce back tomorrow and then dump it for a nice one day gain.
khaos288
AG
Yikes. Yesterday was one of my best days this year. Today is almost twice the opposite direction
Charlie Conway
khaos288 said:

Yikes. Yesterday was one of my best days this year. Today is almost twice the opposite direction
Ragoo
AG
Made 1 buy today I wish I hadn't. Two other trades from yesterday still working and both are vertical spreads that I hope head straight sideways into expiry so I can get max profit.
TMOOSE
Hey guys - hoping for some advice.

I have AAPL $123, $125, $130s for 10/23.

Should I cut my losses tomorrow, or wait it out?

Sincerely,

Alex Caruso - NBA Champion
Let it Ride
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Prognightmare said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

I'm pretty sure it's not necessarily a good thing to realize that your account value didn't really care that you were out for an entire week (though I must say it's nice to see MGNI do something).

Finally discharged from hospital last night. After wife went into sudden onset pre-eclampsia, they tried to induce. 38 hours later she decided to throw in the towel and went C-section Thursday morning (turns out that the "little" chunk being 11 lbs 3 oz probably had something to do with that). Then we spent until last night chasing residual blood pressure spikes, plus baby weight dropped more than the hospital liked. Good news is that now everyone is home and healthy. And awake...because **** you, dad...

That's really awesome sir. Prayers up for mom and baby. Good looking boy and at 11.3 lbs, can he play linebacker? Congrats, you were blessed.
Well, if he's anything like me...no, no he can't.
gig em 02
lal4l said:

Hey guys - hoping for some advice.

I have AAPL $123, $125, $130s for 10/23.

Should I cut my losses tomorrow, or wait it out?

Sincerely,

Alex Caruso - NBA Champion

If you're really Alex, what song did I sing you on your birthday?
gig em 02
Also I'm preparing for a rough run into the election so I wouldn't hold if I was you, but it also depends on where they sit right now.
TMOOSE
gig em 02 said:

Also I'm preparing for a rough run into the election so I wouldn't hold if I was you, but it also depends on where they sit right now.
123 3.5 now 2.33
125 2.8 NOW 1.66
130 1.25 now .71

Thanks!
Let it Ride
wanderer
PINS, TER, NET, INMD calls (all 10/16) worked out great.

Lets start tracking some new ones
McInnis 03
AG
MaroonDynasty said:

FSLY holy ****, time to rotate out of some of the highly prosperous COVID lockdown beneficiary stocks. Definitely need to be forward looking and wondering what these companies will do next year.

I bought in when it touched 87
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
When we hit $12 I am going to post a link of a charitable deductible group or struggling individuals GoFundMe and I expect to see $25000 towards it.

gig em 02
lal4l said:

gig em 02 said:

123 3.5 now 2.33
125 2.8 NOW 1.66
130 1.25 now .71

Thanks!

You are one tweet away from making a million and one tweet away from them going to 0. I've learned the hard way that I have to make sure I have money to be able to stay in the game, so for me, if it's one call each maybe I ride them out the rest of this week, if it's more then I might cut down the position to live to fight another day.

I'm also really really bad at this.
Beerosch
AG
You betcha. The other day you said MGNI was your favorite stock on a >5 year horizon. What would be a couple other ones that you also see as right behind it in the >5 year timeframe?
Ragoo
AG
An early spike in ROKU over 235 would be greatly appreciated. If you want to run back to 239 I would not hate it.
oldarmy1
AG
MBIO ranges on flashes under $3 to above $3.75 on waves for accumulation and working into net free long position. We've already had 3 waves so eventually those will cease because it will either enter a docile period to bore people out of it or break above $4 on volume and become a trend stock.

CHNG on any pullback for a long position.

Looking at several others as all our others became trend stocks and are mainstream like NIO and JD. I like mass accumulation before they do and that takes patience many don't want or have.
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

When we hit $12 I am going to post a link of a charitable deductible group or struggling individuals GoFundMe and I expect to see $25000 towards it.

In

Bob Knights Paper Hands
jwhitlock3 said:

Red RKT sure fleeced me today, and is sitting right at what looks like support, be interesting to see what this thing does.

Me too. I ended up selling shares and buying calls later this afternoon when the premiums dropped. Just enough to still feel good about the upside if it moves my way, but less overall capital exposure on this one now. I realized I have increased my overall volatility for money still in it, but I feel better.
Beerosch
AG
Thanks for the guidance as always
wanderer
As a holder of shares already, I've started selling Nov & Dec 7.5/10 puts. In my eyes it's a win/win. Collect the premium, or get assigned more shares in a stock you feel good about.
gougler08
AG
wanderer said:

As a holder of shares already, I've started selling Nov & Dec 7.5/10 puts. In my eyes it's a win/win. Collect the premium, or get assigned more shares in a stock you feel good about.

Same, been doing this on GOCO as well
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

MBIO ranges on flashes under $3 to above $3.75 on waves for accumulation and working into net free long position. We've already had 3 waves so eventually those will cease because it will either enter a docile period to bore people out of it or break above $4 on volume and become a trend stock.

CHNG on any pullback for a long position.

Looking at several others as all our others became trend stocks and are mainstream like NIO and JD. I like mass accumulation before they do and that takes patience many don't want or have.

I keep seeing people comparing MGNI to ROKU and TTD in terms of potential. Do you think this is a smiliar stock?
First Page Last Page
Page 2331 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.