Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,043,035 Views | 231654 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Edit - I may not trade much between 10/16 and the election. I expect us to decline sharply somewhere between now and early Dec.
DY agrees... I personally agree, no idea where we land, but the lack of volume on this run is concerning. I'm pretty confident we run more up to the election, but get some recount or voting fiasco and that could be the catalyst.

Engine10
AG
So 1/16 SPXS calls then? Perfect
Brewmaster
AG
great take by Adam as usual...

Proposition Joe
So the bubble may "burst" in the "near future".

I am 100% positive it will rain in the near future. Could come in 3 months, could be 6 months.
FJ43
Questions for y'all. I have my setting set to FIFO on a tax lot basis in my TDA 'fun' trading account. Any recommendations as to switching to any of the following:

Tax lot ID methods we support: First-in, first-out (FIFO)
Last-in, first-out (LIFO)
Highest cost
Lowest cost
Specific lot
Tax efficient loss harvester
Average cost
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Cartographer
Just remember: stocks go up, stocks go down, our job is to put money in the account and keep it there.
GreasenUSA
AG
Proposition Joe said:

So the bubble may "burst" in the "near future".

I am 100% positive it will rain in the near future. Could come in 3 months, could be 6 months.
Yeah, pretty funny that the guy is basing it on his sister asking him about stocks. I'll just continue to trade based on what is actually happening, and not what I think might happen.
ProgN
I'm not certain how the markets will react but I'm now in the camp that there will not be a stimulus before the election.
YNWA_AG
AG
My roommate from college works for Cornyn and he said the majority of GOP senators wouldn't sign the mnuchin deal
ProgN
YNWA_AG said:

My roommate from college works for Cornyn and he said the majority of GOP senators wouldn't sign the mnuchin deal
Politically speaking, R's in close races can't support bailing out blue states and justify the spending. Dems don't want to let Trump have a victory before the election. For these reasons I don't think a deal gets done but the market reaction in unknown but I'd lean to the downside.
FJ43
Agree with you Prog....
A few weeks ago I was in the camp something would get verbally agreed to and both would claim a victory. With the election just weeks away (and early voting) I too think unlikely for the reasons you stated. Republicans have the momentum IMO regardless of what the media portrays and cannot risk losing fence riders.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

TMOOSE
How are futures looking?
Let it Ride
Brewmaster
AG
lal4l said:

How are futures looking?
pretty flat honestly. DXY moving up a little, but nothing concerning. I bet the pre-market melt up continues, but probably get a little pullback soon
Engine10
AG
This. Ditching a few speculative things at the open, but might be a few fun things this week with Apple Event + Amazon Prime day.
McInnis 03
AG
Engine10
AG
SHBM 10/16 calls! Edit: USPS decision due by end of year, but I could see administration pushing them to announce as early as possible as a feather in the cap for election run.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Wkhs considered the leader on the board but I've seen some chatter that Ford might be a darkhorse in it too.
FJ43
AAPL up over $120 premarket makes me smile.

Carlo4
AG
Engine10 said:

This. Ditching a few speculative things at the open, but might be a few fun things this week with Apple Event + Amazon Prime day.

Nasdaq already up 1.4% for I guess this reason and the fact Europe is about to shut down again... doesn't care that Europe will sue most major tech companies.... that never mattered much in the last.
Aggies1322
AG
Wow.. if JD can hold this premarket move into trading hours.. that would be sick. Currently $81.64.
Engine10
AG
Gonna be a hell of a day. DKNG gets a bunch of outperform ratings, AAPL, GOOG, TWTR all with good news
gig em 02
techs are ripping this morning
FJ43
I don't know about you guys but I am having a blast sipping my coffee and scalping profits from premarket day trades with my little slush fund. Man a win on Saturday makes you brave on Monday.

Engine10
AG
If I didn't have to drop my kid off at daycare I'd be rippin with you
McInnis 03
AG
Remember yall, with aapl and Amzn having hype days this week.....those are two of the biggest of the big dogs......if they run QQQ will too. They carry that much weight.
Engine10
AG
Pretty big development on stimulus if true
FJ43
Engine10 said:

Pretty big development on stimulus if true

texagbeliever
Wait you mean to tell me that Trump wouldn't agree to a deal with Pelosi only to have the Republicans in the senate undercut it with a no vote. The optics of that would have been terrible and Trump would have been better off keeping a hard line and not coming to an "agreement".
tam2002
AG
Engine10 said:

Gonna be a hell of a day. DKNG gets a bunch of outperform ratings, AAPL, GOOG, TWTR all with good news

After the bloodbath that was DKNG last week it'll be nice to climb again
tailgatetimer10
AG
Imma cut some of those Trump covid shares I bought. Those were not meant for long term anyway
BrokeAssAggie
gig em 02 said:

techs are ripping this morning
AMD?!?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Only slightly. Those rumors put a weight on it for near term
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

great take by Adam as usual...

Already there! Dont get greedy, take profits. DXY is also up this morning, be careful all
Thundergon
I'll be selling all 10/16 expiration calls at open and waiting for pullback to reposition. I'd rather secure profits and wait then hold at open and hope we continue the rise up.
Irish 2.0
CreakinDeacon said:

Are they not uncertain?

First Page Last Page
Page 2311 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.