Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,029 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I go for base hits and I sell a lot of covered calls when I think a stock will consolidate. I leave gains on the table with conservative exit targets and I'm okay with that. I also choose my strategy around what play preserves capital the best.

I haven't finished my plan for the week yet but I know I like semiconductors, Apple, and Amazon. O&G also getting bid. May be time for more GUSH.

Edit - I may not trade much between 10/16 and the election. I expect us to decline sharply somewhere between now and early Dec.
FJ43
wanderer said:

Hit 2 PTs today. RUN & AMD are on life support.

Thanks for posting and sharing these.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
Target in case you're in the JD play

ProgN
Glad I have my boy this weekend because I won't be able watch our game, thus avoiding game thread and catching a certain ban.
Rice and Fries
Prognightmare said:

Glad I have my boy this weekend because I won't be able watch our game, thus avoiding game thread and catching a certain ban.

Guess I'll work double time then lol.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

enjoy your weekend
FJ43
Orlando Ayala XXX posted about this one.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Don't do it! Just don't go to Premium if you want to keep your blood pressure down today.

59 South
AG
FJ43 said:

Don't do it! Just don't go to Premium if you want to keep your blood pressure down today.

This game is crazy pills so far. We got Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson out there. Shocked.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
59 South
AG
Oh boy I made the mistake of venturing over there. We're in a back and forth game so far with the #4 team in the country with our well criticised QB1 looking really good, and it's a cesspool of negativity. Wouldn't expect anything less. Makes me love and appreciate all you guys on this thread even more!

FJ43
59 South said:

Oh boy I made the mistake of venturing over there. We're in a back and forth game so far with the #4 team in the country with our well criticised QB1 looking really good, and it's a cesspool of negativity. Wouldn't expect anything less. Makes me love and appreciate all you guys on this thread even more!
Ditto. Just reading the thread makes me even more appreciative of the group on this one.

McInnis 03
AG
Wkhs was 28.XX ah yesterday
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Heck yeah! I'll probably sell my wkhs calls and a lot of stuff at the open. Wouldn't be surprised if we chop all week like 30k said, monthly opex
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Did a 2:25 training ride. Ended up being 48.5 miles.

Nice endurance ride, cruising right along then. Are you on strava? Nm, found ya!
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

Heck yeah! I'll probably sell my wkhs calls and a lot of stuff at the open. Wouldn't be surprised if we chop all week like 30k said, monthly opex
What do you guys think about this one long?

Brewmaster
AG
I think its run too much already. I wish I'd bought commons as well. PT is 30. Its pretty volatile though so you may see an entry soon, especially if markets dip.
Brewmaster
AG
Oops
FJ43
Thanks. You confirmed my thoughts. May need to pull back a little first for an entry.

Spaceship
AG
For all of those you shorting $MOND two weeks ago, it's gapping up Monday morning!
Spaceship
AG
khaos288
AG
Spaceship said:

For all of those you shorting $MOND two weeks ago, it's gapping up Monday morning!

Announced a merger with $DB(deep ball) after long talks during the previous months.
59 South
AG
You guys are too much and it's too late here.

WKHS was a buy 6 months ago at $2. Now? Who TF knows...

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Beware of false breakout
khkman22
AG
Citron Research is supposed to have a scathing report out on CMGT (Clock Management) on Monday.
FJ43
You guys are why I love this thread so much! Healthy, classy and worthy banter.

FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Beware of false breakout
Need to see support before I buy. Make sure it isn't being pumped first.

frankm01
After hours, Jimbo shorting $REFS.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I love what #WKHS has made me, but if they don't get the USPS deal that thing is probably headed back to 15.
FJ43
Great day gents. We win. sips lose. L$U loses. Miss State scores 2 against Arky and the markets open again on Monday!

TMOOSE
How are we feeling about tomorrow? Let's get it!
Let it Ride
Engine10
AG
re: Stimulus,
Probably the best we could have hoped for this weekend. It's not "no deal", neither side blew it up and walked away. Deal prob gets done @2T I bet.
BayAg_14
Confident it will be red or green.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lal4l said:

Probably open green tomorrow on stimulus optimism. Likely some green to red action between Monday afternoon and Wednesday close. Back to green for the week Thursday and Friday. OPEX week is generally bullish.

Minor flash if stimulus is agreed to. Similar minor drop off if there are continuing hurdles.

Next week is the week to worry about. Not this week. Goal is to eat premiums this week and shake people out.
FJ43
lal4l said:

This week and the next few weeks up until the election regarding shares I will be adjusting my strategy slightly:

- Day trades - rinse and repeat - in and out scalping profits but probably more cautious entries.
- Swings - will adjust more to working to achieve some net free positions even if minimal shares vs. letting ride to maximize full swing trade upsides.
- Longs - I will be a buyer on dips if they present themselves.

I will not chase positions for mid incremental profits and keep more cash for opportunities waiting on the sidelines. I don't mind having more cash than normal 'safe' or prowling for the next number of weeks.

TMOOSE
FJ43 said:

lal4l said:

This week and the next few weeks up until the election regarding shares I will be adjusting my strategy slightly:

- Day trades - rinse and repeat - in and out scalping profits but probably more cautious entries.
- Swings - will adjust more to working to achieve some net free positions even if minimal shares vs. letting ride to maximize full swing trade upsides.
- Longs - I will be a buyer on dips if they present themselves.

I will not chase positions for mid incremental profits and keep more cash for opportunities waiting on the sidelines. I don't mind having more cash than normal 'safe' or prowling for the next number of weeks.

Thanks for dropping knowledge! Clutch like Alex Caruso!
Let it Ride
First Page Last Page
Page 2310 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.