Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,927 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kinda feels creepy with these itty bitty body candles on SPY stuck at 339......isn't this what it looks like right before a dump?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
0708aggie
AG
dont jinx it bud.
MaroonDynasty
Damn wish I would have pulled the trigger on ENPH last week.
McInnis 03
AG
0708aggie said:

dont jinx it bud.
JUST BOUGHT 340 CALLS, BUCKLE UP!!!!

j/k
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
topher06
McInnis 03 said:

Kinda feels creepy with these itty bitty body candles on SPY stuck at 339......isn't this what it looks like right before a dump?
Aggies1322
AG
McInnis 03 said:

0708aggie said:

dont jinx it bud.

j/k

Use that McInnis magic and buy puts instead
MaroonDynasty
HYLN has been getting its ass kicked for awhile now, meanwhile NKLA is up again
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Markets are waiting on Pelosi's response. If she agrees to passing separate bills without the fluff, which should be done, then it will be perceived as giving into Trump and a victory for him. That is a reason why I lightened up in this move up higher this morning. She says no deal, we'll crater pretty quickly.
McInnis 03
AG
Aggies1322 said:

McInnis 03 said:

0708aggie said:

dont jinx it bud.

j/k

Use that McInnis magic and buy puts instead
Let me post my GoFundMe first. Being the hero is EXPENSEEEEEEEEEVE

B&I Key:
GigEmRangers75455
SPAQ
BrokeAssAggie
OA, what's your thoughts on RUN? Still think the 10/16 calls will hit?
DDSO
AG
I agree with that. I moved to mostly cash around 9:30.
oldarmy1
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

OA, what's your thoughts on RUN? Still think the 10/16 calls will hit?
Yes
oldarmy1
AG
Warning..I am out for the next 4 hours. Good luck!

Buy a hedge?
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Buy a hedge?

We are on our own boys!
ProgN
DDSO said:

There's no way she can give Trump that victory less than a month before the election. The fact she's been quiet this morning tells me that she's thinking of a counter offer. There's going to be a battle, she just won't capitulate.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Buy a hedge?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

Markets are waiting on Pelosi's response. If she agrees to passing separate bills without the fluff, which should be done, then it will be perceived as giving into Trump and a victory for him. That is a reason why I lightened up in this move up higher this morning. She says no deal, we'll crater pretty quickly.
feels good for a gamble. grabbed some 338P for .5
BenRev09
KT 90
AG
Prognightmare said:

DDSO said:

There's no way she can give Trump that victory less than a month before the election. The fact she's been quiet this morning tells me that she's thinking of a counter offer. There's going to be a battle, she just won't capitulate.

Agreed, no way Nancy says sure, lets just do the one off items that Trump wants to fund. She'll come back with another package deal, with pork included of course.

I do like Trump backing her into a corner saying that he is willing to fund certain items that show he is willing to "help those in need". Nancy keeps saying he is denying help to the people. If the press will report on it, the pork items for dem states should be brought to light during this back and forth.
BrokeAssAggie
DOJ announcing charges against ISIS group "Beatles"
TxAG#2011
RUN breakout
Brewmaster
AG
added the AMD 10/16 90's, thank you OA! these are going to pop!

bought the dip yesterday with calls and it paid! it does not pay to play permabear in this market!
ProgN
NRD09 said:

Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

feels good for a gamble. grabbed some 338P for .5
I'd buy the Jan SPXS $6 calls for a little more and have some time.
Aggies1322
AG
BREwmaster said:

added the AMD 10/16 90's, thank you OA! these are going to pop!

bought the dip yesterday with calls and it paid! it does not pay to play permabear in this market!

Yeah if AMD can start heading in the right direction.
Bird Poo
AG
LKNCY has been on an absolute rip the last couple of weeks (Chinese coffee company busted for financial fraud). I got in when it dropped off a cliff but caught a falling knife. Held on since March and I'm almost back to my purchase price.
Thundergon
Aggies1322 said:

I bought some 12/18 MBIO 5c... good or bad move?
I looked at the 12/18 and 3/19/21 call option volume yesterday because I was thinking about buying some calls as well. I didn't see enough call volume though over the past weeks/months, and felt like with as many calls as I would need to buy to turn a nice profit if a pop did occur, I would have a hard time liquidating the contracts. I don't think it's a bad idea but just wasn't one I wanted to play. I'm buying shares.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Thanks, I actually doubled up on those at .88 this morning too, based on having the errors in my math pointed out the other day...
62strat
AG
Pretty sure I know the answer to this.. but just to make sure this newb is following.

I bought some of the spxs 1/15 calls. I see it shows up just like a stock, and the value of the call itself (not the underlying stock the call is for) goes up and down in value. So I'm assuming I can just sell this call at anytime for a profit over what I bought it?

In theory, are those related? If the call price is going up, it's because the stock price is going up?

Is one of these methods always a guaranteed more profit than the other? Selling the call at an increase vs. taking your option at expiration because underlying stock has increased, and selling to take those profits?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

KT 90 said:

krosch11 said:

How many of you just jumped back into GOCO this morning?

Was already in from previous, but nice to see it running sharply green.

just sold $15 covered calls on all my shares for .5
just bought all these back at .25
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
62strat said:

Pretty sure I know the answer to this.. but just to make sure this newb is following.

I bought some of the spxs 1/15 calls. I see it shows up just like a stock, and the value of the call itself (not the underlying stock the call is for) goes up and down in value. So I'm assuming I can just sell this call at anytime for a profit over what I bought it?

In theory, are those related? If the call price is going up, it's because the stock price is going up?

Is one of these methods always a guaranteed more profit than the other? Selling the call at an increase vs. taking your option at expiration because underlying stock has increased, and selling to take those profits?
read up a bit about the greeks and that will tell you a bit about how options and the underlying equity prices are related. Also understand that this one is special because it's an option on a 3x inverse leveraged ETF, so the underlying kinda has an underlying. The idea with this is monster leverage to profit off a black swan type event. But you're basically correct, you can buy and sell options just like you can equities. And I'd say it's very uncommon for call buyers to want to get exercised at expiration, and especially with this one we're all planning to close these positions if/when the event happens.
Aggies1322
AG
MBIO volume
topher06
What is the target on MBIO?
tlepoC
AG
the moon

7 9 13
BrokeAssAggie
topher06 said:

What is the target on MBIO?

Double digits for sure.
First Page Last Page
Page 2290 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.