Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,033 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AAPL back in the $112.XX AH. Probably reaction to the press release on big tech.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
Esteban du Plantier said:

Prognightmare said:

wanderer said:

10/16 calls update. Obviously a rough day with that afternoon dump.

Getting close to needing more time with some of these.

I'm not in those and I didn't rec them so take this with a grain of salt. If this stalemate persists, the 10/16 expiry will not give enough time to hit those targets. JMO

I sold some premium against mine in closer, some higher calls to offset.

Newbie question, but what does it mean to "sell premium"?
Irish 2.0
JesusQuintana said:

CreakinDeacon said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Didn't Trump literally tweet out 2 days ago to get the stimulus deal done?

And now he's holding it hostage?

What the **** changed?
Pelosi is loading it with federal bail outs for poorly run cities /states. Trump won't sign it with the pork

Perhaps he could have let the American people know what the pork was and put this mess on the dems. Right now it looks like he took his ball and went home while folks are struggling.
He did say that basically. He's got a whole tweet thread on it

ProgN
Just wait, he's already started.
oldarmy1
AG
What the heck did you guys do?'

I was in meetings and didn't get to pare back any trades.
Irish 2.0
Ragoo
AG
JesusQuintana said:

CreakinDeacon said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Didn't Trump literally tweet out 2 days ago to get the stimulus deal done?

And now he's holding it hostage?

What the **** changed?
Pelosi is loading it with federal bail outs for poorly run cities /states. Trump won't sign it with the pork

Perhaps he could have let the American people know what the pork was and put this mess on the dems. Right now it looks like he took his ball and went home while folks are struggling.
he did. The tweets were posted in this thread.
Brewmaster
AG
I would almost bet the farm on a trump pump tweet or 2 at this point. "almost"!
Drip99
AG
Ok did not see that...
cgh1999
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Gotta love east Texas!!
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

You left us to playin the sand box by ourselves. Mischievous when you're away.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Jet Black
Prognightmare said:

Eddie Van Halen just died.

One of my idols as a kid.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

Prognightmare said:

wanderer said:

10/16 calls update. Obviously a rough day with that afternoon dump.

Getting close to needing more time with some of these.

I'm not in those and I didn't rec them so take this with a grain of salt. If this stalemate persists, the 10/16 expiry will not give enough time to hit those targets. JMO

I sold some premium against mine in closer, some higher calls to offset.

Newbie question, but what does it mean to "sell premium"?

I sold calls with closer expiration, expecting that they'll expire worthless and I can use that to offset the cost I paid on my longer duration calls.

You can call it a calendar spread, or poor man's covered call.

Works well when you buy long duration calls in low volatility and sell in high volatility, could potentially completely cover your long calls with sold premium.

My NOV GILD calls were $1.40 when I bought and I sold the weekly call for $1.05, so my net price on the package is $.35. If the close call expires worthless, then I'll still make money on the longer one.
fooz
FJ43 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Free range parenting ftw!
BrokeAssAggie
fooz said:

FJ43 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Free range parenting ftw!

We need some guidance on these 10/16 calls
FJ43
OA - I read your tweet. Would you recommend using the AH to scrape some profit off of profitable positions and be in cash in the morning to some degree. Should there be more dip we are good and if not buy back in?

BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1
AG
Soon as that tweet from Trump was sent on no deal to post election you should cut your active trades in half. I didn't get to so now we have to wait to see if this breaks the dam or if we retrace back up signaling all still technically sound
Dan Scott
AG
Tomorrow setting up to be ugly. Futures looking like 3300 magnet, the Trump COVID low.
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Soon as that tweet from Trump was sent on no deal to post election you should cut your active trades in half. I didn't get to so now we have to wait to see if this breaks the dam or if we retrace back up signaling all still technically sound

So do you cut bait on all 10/16 calls if the retrace is still on? Do you roll them out 2 weeks?
Charlie Conway
thanks I hate it
TMOOSE
What a day today.. My heart hurts.
leoj
AG
Ah is not good so far
Engine10
AG
Only thing green on my board...PLTR shares and '21 Jan SPXS $6 calls. Sheesh.

Preparing for more pain tomorrow, might have to take an L on some short term stuff by week end but ready to re-tool if necessary. Or we get a decent retrace, and everyone breathes a little easier.

Definitely going for a run this evening to shake this one off though.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I had some business to attend to and stepped away at 1:45. Wow. Wish I had bailed on some stuff.
TMOOSE
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I had some business to attend to and stepped away at 1:45. Wow. Wish I had bailed on some stuff.
About to be 20k millionaire
CPDAggie10
AG
Yeah no kidding. I stepped away for about an hour to meet some folks for lunch. Checked my phone when we were signing the bill and everything was bright green. I make the 15 minute drive home and walked in the door with the TV still on Fox Business...bloodbath.

Really wish I had eaten lunch at home. Probably could have done some damage control.
Brewmaster
AG
lal4l said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

About to be 20k millionaire
LOL, his user name is quite misleading. Based on what he's played in the past, I'd say 30 milly is a more fitting name. (selling TSLA options pre-split nekkid for example!)
McInnis 03
AG
NLS showing strength in this sell off
PTON hanging mostly too
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
FWIW, From a pro trader I trust a lot (probablly his mentor he's referring to):

A top trader believes the scrapping of the stimulus bill was not done in the blind. He believes the FED will increase stimulus and debt buybacks. The big dogs knew there was never going to be a stimulus bill before the election (not enough time) and the market will absorb todays news and bounce in the next couple of days. There is still huge amounts of cash with no where to get a return.
Charlie Conway
now this is the kind of content I subscribe for
Irish 2.0
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Feels like that some days.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

FWIW, From a pro trader I trust a lot (probablly his mentor he's referring to):

A top trader believes the scrapping of the stimulus bill was not done in the blind. He believes the FED will increase stimulus and debt buybacks. The big dogs knew there was never going to be a stimulus bill before the election (not enough time) and the market will absorb todays news and bounce in the next couple of days. There is still huge amounts of cash with no where to get a return.

On the daily, the SPX closed above the 21 period mean. We are still above Friday's close (and we are in a daily squeeze for those following at home). On the hourly, we went from +2 ATR to -2 ATR on a 21 period basis. That's a big freaking move.

I have no idea what the twitter pukes are saying, but I bet we see 3383 trade tomorrow. 3370 at a minimum.
Brewmaster
AG
ha! Irish - I was just going to post Adam's tweet. Perfectly timed tweet by POTUS and we fell sharply.

30k agree 110%. I bought calls on the dip today and 1 cheap otm put to hedge it. A lot of retail fintwit is beating the drum to short here (or already is short here). Big money will enjoy this little squeeze back up.
First Page Last Page
Page 2286 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.