Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,057,466 Views | 231702 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It might have had a person limit at 50.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Someone better have some notes for the regulars who are busy here at work....
ProgN
Is it just me or does OA have a perfect radio voice?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Prognightmare said:

Dude could make a killing doing a youtube channel / Podcast ala Dave Ramsey.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Indeed, better than Dave South.
Brewmaster
AG
Fireman said:

Yes- I bought a small position late last week and sold off yesterday around $18.50 for some lunch money. Might have sold a bit too soon, but I was happy with the profit. Upwork's CEO is really impressive, and I'm a fan of the stock.

Anyone in WPM? I think Ranger mentioned it in early September and with gold and silver moving, might be poised for a nice run.
Hidden Pivots thinks UPWK can run clear to 28. That would be mighty impressive. I'm going to add to my position tomorrow if it dips, then sell covered calls on it. Also have a couple calls, Oct monthlies.

I think AgShaun (posts here) is in Wheaton and likes it.
FJ43
This call is like drinking through a fire hose filled with quality knowledge, information and expertise. Honored to be on this thing....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

CheladaAg
AG
FJ43 said:

This call is like drinking through a fire hose filled with quality knowledge, information and expertise. Honored to be on this thing....
This is me listening to OA...every second.
McInnis 03
AG
$6 SPXS jan calls tomorrow.....we should probably spread this out so we don't spike it against ourselves.

If your last name is A-H, you buy tomorrow, I-K you're on Monday.......LOL
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Engine10
AG
No joke, Locked and loaded to fire those up
McInnis 03
AG
We need to dress up one of these calls as super official and dignified and invite Ripster to be a guest presenter
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I just want to say that you all sound like a bunch of Texas rednecks. I'm one too.

This has been great to listen to, wish I didn't have to drop. I hope someone summarizes.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

We need to dress up one of these calls as super official and dignified and invite Ripster to be a guest presenter
2nd that
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

krosch11
AG
Notes from call (I was late 25 minutes in ):
GOCO- long. Flush with cash, low acquisition cost, growing target population. Not doing covered calls as possible rapid rise could cause options to get called out. Patient play looks to have based at 13.

WDC: (missed this had to field another call)

RKT: Ranger called it out. consolidated at 20 broke out. Volume is 5X previous days, earning call is in Nov. Plenty of time now that it has broken from low, for it to make 10 dollar move. Check premiums after earnings call, use to advantage to sell covered calls. Ex( 10 days from earnings , or if it hits 47-48 use options to leverage 50 dollar call at double premium. )

DIS: long term should be good, OA thinks it could pull a ROKU, drop and get labeled a "Sell" by some firms similar to what they did with ROKU at $56 and then pop.

Election is going to be a tumultuous time. If Biden wins, might see initial drop and then rally. Initial policies are still Trump's policies. Afterwards balance of power in the Senate could determine policy change. OA thinks you would see relief rally and then slow bleed after 2 quarters. If Trump wins, could see initial sell off, then would have to watch social discourse which could cause some macro shifts during that time until settled. OA is doing 6 dollar SPXS calls for less than a dollar as a hedge for this scenario. OA could see SPXS above 15 in some of the market fluctuations. For a hedge less than a dollar that's a safe scenario. If you want to go cheaper go with the 8 Dollar.

Spy puts vs SPXS calls - price difference main issue. Spy puts closer to election. OA would buy .5 to .75% of your portfolio value. (almost 1K per every 100K for example.- this is for SPXS calls) Spy puts would pay more but cost is significantly higher.

If there is no clear winner on election night and it goes to supreme court, then buckle up.

more to come if the call keeps going.

(if anyone sees a correction needed let me know.)
FJ43
krosch11 said:

Notes from call (I was late 25 minutes in ):
GOCO- long. Flush with cash, low acquisition cost, growing target population. Not doing covered calls as possible rapid rise could cause options to get called out. Patient play looks to have based at 13.

WDC: (missed this had to field another call)

RKT: Ranger called it out. consolidated at 40 broke out. Volume is 5X previous days, earning call is in Nov. Plenty of time now that it has broken from low, for it to make 10 dollar move. Check premiums after earnings call, use to advantage to sell covered calls. Ex( 10 days from earnings , or if it hits 47-48 use options to leverage 50 dollar call at double premium. )

DIS: long term should be good, OA thinks it could pull a ROKU, drop and get labeled a "Sell" by some firms similar to what they did with ROKU at $56 and then pop.

Election is going to be a tumultuous time. If Biden wins, might see initial drop and then rally. Initial policies are still Trump's policies. Afterwards balance of power in the Senate could determine policy change. OA thinks you would see relief rally and then slow bleed after 2 quarters. If Trump wins, could see initial sell off, then would have to watch social discourse which could cause some macro shifts during that time until settled. OA is doing 6 dollar SPXS calls for less than a dollar as a hedge for this scenario. OA could see SPXS above 15 in some of the market fluctuations. For a hedge less than a dollar that's a safe scenario. If you want to go cheaper go with the 8 Dollar.

Spy puts vs SPXS calls - price difference main issue. Spy puts closer to election. OA would buy .5 to .75% of your portfolio value. (almost 1K per every 100K for example.) Spy puts would pay more but cost is significantly higher.

If there is no clear winner on election night and it goes to supreme court, then buckle up.

more to come if the call keeps going.

(if anyone sees a correction needed let me know.)
Awesome idea. Consolidated notes from this event/call would be awesome.

Maximus_Meridius
AG
You're doing the Lord's work, my friend...

Finally got in...
Betoisafurry
thanks man.

RKT based at 20, not 40

thanks OA, very informative!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
have to drop for a meeting. this was awesome to listen to. I caught RKT - the 401k questions.
FJ43
OA - beyond thankful for your time and insight. Can't wait to do it again. Invaluable.....

krosch11
AG
(had to hop on another call so missed the tax question , maybe someone can fill on the gaps ) OA was talking about different tax situations and how to maneuver money in 401Ks to trading accounts etc.

RUN: currently on a breakout. Gone from 60-80. OA thinks it will go to 100. If it pulls back into 70, OA would have an option trade on the stock. Take a look at the chart and the trend.

If anyone has the earlier version of the call or short version go ahead and add it.

For you guys who have respected trades on the board, start posting your top 5, to drive discussion on the thread and gather more consensus. Not group think, consensus.
Touchless
AG
McInnis when OA gave him a shoutout

hudmoon
AG
Excellent call! Thanks OA!
krosch11
AG
thanks fixed
Touchless
AG
Just another example of why this is the best thread on TexAgs, hands down.
ProgN
YNWA_AG
AG
Touchless said:

McInnis when OA gave him a shoutout

Waiting for my mcinnis segment
krosch11
AG
I have 8's but will snag some 6's on Monday
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Not sure what happened at first, my software phone would NOT connect to the service. Finally got in on my cell for the last 10 min or so.

Thanks OA.
Glitch
AG
Thanks OA!
bigbass1170
AG
Drinking from a fire hose of info is right. Thanks OA!
hudmoon
AG
I think we just took the next step closer to an Old Army 1 trading firm. Take my money!
Fireman
AG
Prognightmare said:

Really appreciate OA doing that....and his voice was exactly as imagined.
ProgN
Thanks OA and good call.

If I wasn't on mobile I'd add

You the real MVP <gif>

ETA:
pacecar02
dang it, missed the call

recap?
tramaro1
AG
OA thanks for setting up that call, good stuff
First Page Last Page
Page 2257 of 6621

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.