Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,075,127 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by El_duderino
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$DIS climbing back past 50% retrace. Bullish
BenRev09
AG
any good OSTK plays? looks like it's been coiling/converging all month
TecRecAg
AG
10m squeeze
topher06
Alright I'm in on PINS with you guys.
TecRecAg
AG
Your price timing way better than mine.
topher06
TecRecAg said:

Your price timing way better than mine.
Luckier, maybe. But already down a little so hopefully the bulls come back in the market. Took a small position either way, like I do on most of the shorter term plays.
McInnis 03
AG
n/m don't waste your time.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Anyone hearing or seeing anything of interest on $JCPNQ?

Lotsa Twitter chatter of something big going down next couple days. Deal w AMAZON maybe??
cptthunder
Well that was an interesting last 30 minutes.....
ProgN
cptthunder said:

Just wait until the VIX goes over 30.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

cptthunder said:

Just wait until the VIX goes over 30.
I didn't know it could even get that high anymore, lol. and there's no way the street was going to let the market sink going into a debate tonight.
ProgN
Market doesn't give 2 ****s about a debate.
ProgN
Disney to layoff 28,000 employees as coronavirus slams its theme park business

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/disney-to-layoff-28000-employees-as-coronavirus-slams-theme-park-business.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Bonfire1996
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/disney-to-layoff-28000-employees-as-coronavirus-slams-theme-park-business.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Desantis gave them the go ahead to open up fully. What gives?
BrokeAssAggie
Bonfire1996 said:

Prognightmare said:

They would rather stay woke and go broke.
gig em 02
Bonfire1996 said:

Prognightmare said:

It's a massive operation with a fraction of the attendance it once had and no foreseeable return to normal no matter how many states open up.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Yesterday, United Airlines... Today DIS.

Hedging is probably a very good idea. The covid fallout may finally be here..
ProgN
Bonfire1996 said:

Prognightmare said:

Putting my corporate hat on, they have been furloughing employees but they're going into to off-season and can eliminate these positions and blame it on the Rona without much public backlash.

I look for them to announce huge hiring in the spring after the election Rona is gone.
AgCPA95
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm pretty certain the cruise line is in that business sector as well along with the parks.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
deleted
Bonfire1996
AG
gig em 02 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Prognightmare said:

It's a massive operation with a fraction of the attendance it once had and no foreseeable return to normal no matter how many states open up.

Accurate. But to add, my wife and I are huge Disney world fans. They have made NO attempt to capitalize on Desantis' opening. None. They have their own plans and are punishing shareholders for it.
Irish 2.0
GM delaying NKLA closing deal
Brewmaster
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

GM delaying NKLA closing deal
yet someone bought an OA sized buy AH of NKLA? spike and then drop, could just be a glitch.
asking for the sake of my puts, lol.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
UpstateAg said:

This might be strange, but I rarely average down. That's one way accounts get blown up.

I will average on longer investments in shares or LEAPs, but I try not to do that on most options. You take the loss, see if there was something you missed to learn, and move on. Small losses are ok but big losses will hirt you. My biggest investing mistakes were when I averaged down when options go against me. Lots of scars. Bad scars.
Carlo4
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

UpstateAg said:

This might be strange, but I rarely average down. That's one way accounts get blown up.

I will average on longer investments in shares or LEAPs, but I try not to do that on most options. You take the loss, see if there was something you missed to learn, and move on. Small losses are ok but big losses will hirt you. My biggest investing mistakes were when I averaged down when options go against me. Lots of scars. Bad scars.
Are the scars in your brain or your liver?
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Carlo4 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

UpstateAg said:

Are the scars in your brain or your liver?

Yes
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BenRev09 said:

I bought back my covered calls if that says anything on what I think. You may be able to get away with selling premium / condors in the near-term.

I'm bullish on it. I want to see it show relative strength when the market flushes next week as an entry.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

BenRev09 said:

I bought back my covered calls if that says anything on what I think. You may be able to get away with selling premium / condors in the near-term.

I'm bullish on it. I want to see it show relative strength when the market flushes next week as an entry.
30,000 are you holding OSTK or the OSTKO shares? This is one I haven't had on my radar but remember discussion on the thread about OSTKO as well.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
cptthunder said:

that was nothing. Wait for selling before the election.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

BenRev09 said:

30,000 are you holding OSTK or the OSTKO shares? This is one I haven't had on my radar but remember discussion on the thread about OSTKO as well.
yes, both, and TZROP.
FJ43
Thanks. I'm scouring stocks to add long in my IRA account. Appreciate the feedback.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

ProgN
Park some in BIGC, you can thank me in a year, and I'll pass the thanks onto the person that told me to buy it and forget it.
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

Park some in BIGC, you can thank me in a year, and I'll pass the thanks onto the person that told me to buy it and forget it.
Thanks! Just added to my 'long' watch list to dig into early AM. Took a quick look on my phone and turned back up and only at about half it's high.

Engine10
AG
Rollover check finally landed in the IRA before close. As expected, missed part of the AAPL pop but the runway is clear back to $130. Let's ride
First Page Last Page
Page 2244 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.