Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,130 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
MaroonDynasty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What happened to ZOM? Closed at .07.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Everyone cracks me up shading my $0.40 mark to profit take.

We hit $0.3980

I held strong! Curious to hear your thoughts on today's activity level and price action
Ragoo
AG
Good stuff
Ragoo
AG
One more question. Does the gamma exposure generally become more clear on fridays? I had been watching the gamma for several tickers all week and noticed that the delta from strike to strike was relatively similar. If plotted the curve would be flatish.

When you posted the TSLA curve I immediately looked and the gamma virus as like 1.15 and the next strike either side like .4. So very clearly peaking at that 450 strike.
62strat
AG
Square Pair said:

New at this but my lesson learned is take the profits. It's been said 100 times on here. Take your profits. Take your f'n profits. At my portfolio peak less than 2 weeks ago to now - down $80K. Not in the red yet but will be soon if trend continues.

I was blissfully dumb riding my heavy AAPL, MSFT, SPY, AMZN portfolio up this summer.

I'm a buy and hold guy. I've watched my 'profits' from the likes of aapl, amzn nflx, cost, Wmt, continue to grow and grow and grow.. but it's from the macro prospective. If you watch it everyday you'll fail. Watch it a few times a year and you'll see what I'm saying.

I have all these positions at +200-500%, in only 3-4 years. It has to fall a long way before I would make some decisions to sell.
Ragoo
AG
62strat said:

Square Pair said:

New at this but my lesson learned is take the profits. It's been said 100 times on here. Take your profits. Take your f'n profits. At my portfolio peak less than 2 weeks ago to now - down $80K. Not in the red yet but will be soon if trend continues.

I was blissfully dumb riding my heavy AAPL, MSFT, SPY, AMZN portfolio up this summer.

I'm a buy and hold guy. I've watched my 'profits' from the likes of aapl, amzn nflx, cost, Wmt, continue to grow and grow and grow.. but it's from the macro prospective. If you watch it everyday you'll fail. Watch it a few times a year and you'll see what I'm saying.

I have all these positions at +200-500%, in only 3-4 years. It has to fall a long way before I would make some decisions to sell.
fall a long way to sell?
FJ43
MaroonDynasty said:

What happened to ZOM? Closed at .07.
If I remember correctly they have a reverse split on the docket to be voted on this next week or so. Possibly the fall prior to that given it's likely it will pass.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

jj9000
AG
Buy high and sell low.

Duhhh.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Jet Black said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Engine10 said:

WKHS +30% this week. Gotta cool off sometime but if they win the USPS deal later this year (or even part of it) it's gonna be another rocket ride

I'm holding quite a bit here but my concern is the USPS deal not coming through and wondering how much of that optimism is priced in? I've seen it said this is a $100pps IF the USPS deal comes through, but I haven't seen people mention where it lands IF that USPS deal doesn't come through.

How far does it drop if they don't get the govt contract?

I'm honestly not sure and thats the dilemma. I do know they have other things going on so long term it'll still be ok, but the really aggressive speed growth is obviously the usps deal.
fooz
jj9000 said:

Buy high and sell low.

Duhhh.
Beat me to it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I know some of us here are in on $MBIO
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Must have been posting that at the same time.

oldarmy1
AG
I went big on this one from Scott
Madmarttigan
AG
Missing out on sub 3 MBIO irks me. Will see if I get lucky on a dip later.

I at least got some MGNI at 5.75.
FJ43
Still worth accumulating below $4 or see if a slight dip first? Should have loaded more at $3.

I've been in at $3.70.

Jayhawk
Anyone know anything about the paper industry? Verso (VRS) keeps hitting my screen and it looks like a good value long play. Extremely low debt , pretty reliable cash flow etc. The price took a serious beating the other day after going ex-Div.
Brewmaster
AG
MBIO - I'm going to add Monday in the IRA's and sell covered calls til the cows come home. Before long my average will be plenty low.
Brewmaster
AG
pretty good take I think on possibilities of where we're headed. I don't agree with this wedge, I think we're in a bear flag, but his numbers look good.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Adam Mancini is a great follow. I think we see 3250 or so.
FJ43
Think I'm going to add Monday morning as well especially if I can catch a dip. With Oppenheimer conference that day we could get another pop.

Jimmy Conway
BREwmaster said:

pretty good take I think on possibilities of where we're headed. I don't agree with this wedge, I think we're in a bear flag, but his numbers look good.

Very new to the markets and still very much learning. What's this mean?
Carlo4
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

BREwmaster said:

The short answer.... it could go up or down.

The long answer.... if SPX hits those numbers, we will go further up or down.
thirdcoast
AG
Anyone else like this H&S on Lumber Liquidators LL?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
that's going down!
FJ43
thirdcoast said:

Anyone else like this H&S on Lumber Liquidators LL?

30k...and others are much more experienced to give you technical analysis. I could be and quite possibly missing something. For whatever its worth from my perspective....

I see most of the volume on this holding much lower than where its at currently, A/D going negative, MFI is below 50 (approaching oversold but not there yet), well above the 200 EMA (30+%) and level at the 50 EMA. There are some volume spikes but offsetting each direction here and there but net negative. There was a nice positive spike at the close Friday though.

You might want to look at their financials as well but here is a link to the most recent take on it.

https://assets.empirefinancialresearch.com/uploads/2020/09/LL-short-pitch-9-20.pdf

Zacks however I think has them a a strong buy about 10 days ago. Rose 10% then back down 10% after the Zacks rating.

Agree with 30k....looks like it is going down and may have more to go yet.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
My high level thoughts on LL: they had settlements that hurt revenues and earnings in 2018 and 2019. That depressed stock prices more than it should have but they were a victim of continued negative press. Before 2020 hit, I felt they had a lot of upside as earnings normalized without settlements. Definitely a very volatile and manipulated stock. I've watched the price shoot up and then a flurry of negative stories come out that drives it back down. I wouldn't try to catch a falling knife here but the volatility makes for good potential.

This and AAPL were my first stocks to swing trade, but I haven't actively traded either this year.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
To give a better answer: that's a classical bearish pattern and it's likely to go down. That doesn't mean it will, but it's a solid setup to consider shorting and likely high enough probability to make it worthwhile. Will I do it, no, I have other areas of focus with higher liquidity. If you are going to short it, look for a confirmed trend line break.

Would I buy long here - no way.
Brewmaster
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

BREwmaster said:

big falling wedge like Adam had on his chart are generally bullish, we pop up and out of it, sometimes explosive moves. I wouldn't draw it that far back though (time frame). I think we're still in a bear flag (a little more pain to come). You can google bear flag, plenty of good examples

I think 30k is spot on, somewhere around 3250 we reverse and start to rocket. Long term though the bill will come due! (more pain).
Carlo4
AG
This feels like the deep fake we got back in mid-May. The H/S pattern that formed on the SPX. It broke below the trendline and then mid morning.... boom! Massive turnaround on losses.
tramaro1
AG
UpstateAg said:

AIMT has a nestle agreement for funding. This probably happened when they met in Europe the last two days. Patience might pay off...
Not WSB type of pay off though

UpstateAg are you still in AIMT? Got a cash offering that Nestle will buy my shares at $34.30. By no means do I have a lot and that is about $1 more than I paid. Just curious to take it or not?
J_Landes89
AG
HoustonAg_2009
Started accumulating AAPL, MSFT, and ADBE Friday -- I believe their pullbacks justify purchasing. Will add more if market continues down....
Cartographer
Piggybacking:

The expected move Is generally the height of the last shoulder in dollars.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Friday doesn't reveal anything more about dollar Gamma.

What you saw is due to the fact that, in any option chain the strike that is closest to the money will always have the highest gamma. This is just a function of options pricing.

Why OPEX matters is because all the dollar gamma falls off along with the options that expire that day. I'll post the TSLA gamma exposure chart this week and we can see how (if) the gamma exposure has moved post opex.

So typically, you should be selling volatility into opex on tickers that have a high gamma exposure that week.
First Page Last Page
Page 2195 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.