Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,351 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NRD09 said:

some ST posts saying they presented positive prelim results from a colorectal (and possibly lung?) cancer drug at a conference today
Tempted to follow gougler and peel some off at .39 AH if I can but with this volume I think maybe I'll see if I can just sell half at .76 Monday and go net free again

I had re-established my cost base at $0.24 so I'm just peeling some off to go closer to net free
aggiedaniel06
AG
The data is publicly available and accessible through most broker API's. It's just about writing the code to extract, parse and plot the data.This was done in python.
mc_shipman
Thank you. Sold at $.34 to go net free on the remainder. Missed the absolute peak, but I can live with that. Darn day job getting in the way of losing money trying to pretend like I know squat about the stock market.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
FJ43 said:

Not sure who all follows Pharma on Twitter but some on here did respond they do the other day when I asked. I have been following him and decided to take a ride on a few positions this week. I am up about 11% with none red at the moment. Keep in mind I mostly swing trade (not day unless it is just stupidly clear to grab profit) so I do keep myself ready to exit.

I didn't look back into the ones I passed on how they are doing but just an idea for some if you are looking for potential trades and do your own DD along the way.

lol we are very similar traders. i follow that account too. ya, overall going off the recs from that account its in the plus and on bad red days, it keeps darker red at bay a bit.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
What platform can you buy ONTX AH?

TOS has really limited securities you can trade AH, right? Never tried to do anything AH.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

TOS has really limited securities you can trade AH, right? Never tried to do anything AH.
Etrade.

I believe its $.05 per share though so on a penny stock you're paying a lot more. May not be worth it for ONTX. Not sure.
FJ43
Esteban du Plantier said:

I do it on TDA. Just add extended hours.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
Despite the awful week, my week is not as bad anymore.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ragoo
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

The data is publicly available and accessible through most broker API's. It's just about writing the code to extract, parse and plot the data.This was done in python.
It is interested. You could see the gamma on the options peaking around $450. But in the end the price dropped $8 into the close. So what was the data telling us?
Whitehouse Road
AG
Thanks. Sounds like a fun weekend project.
Square Pair
AG
New at this but my lesson learned is take the profits. It's been said 100 times on here. Take your profits. Take your f'n profits. At my portfolio peak less than 2 weeks ago to now - down $80K. Not in the red yet but will be soon if trend continues.

I was blissfully dumb riding my heavy AAPL, MSFT, SPY, AMZN portfolio up this summer.

Brewmaster
AG
Touched the bottom BB today on the daily chart on SPY... that should be good for at least a small bounce up on Monday.

We also dipped below the 50 day ma for first time since April.
I bleed maroon
AG
wanderer said:

How long have you had these shares? Prior to April?
I don't own the stock. Bought call options in August.
TecRecAg
AG
Are you talking common stock or options? If common, there's really no reason to take profit. Buy, hold, forget on names like those.

Unless your goal was to use profit to buy other names.
HoustonAg2014
AG
What just sent Roku into orbit after hours? Another upgrade?

I joke about orbit but it was down to $157 at one point today and ended at $160 now it's $165+ AH up 3%
Irish 2.0
ProgN
Square Pair said:

New at this but my lesson learned is take the profits. It's been said 100 times on here. Take your profits. Take your f'n profits. At my portfolio peak less than 2 weeks ago to now - down $80K. Not in the red yet but will be soon if trend continues.

I was blissfully dumb riding my heavy AAPL, MSFT, SPY, AMZN portfolio up this summer.

This will not sooth your frustration but I promise you that you've learned a valuable lesson that in the future will make you 10X what you're losing on paper right now.

Pain molds behavior, turn it off today, pour a drink but remember the feeling you have right now.

JMO
HoustonAg2014
AG
Thank you! Huge going into the weekend! I needed some good news
ProgN
Aggiesincebirth said:

Thank you! Huge going into the weekend! I needed some good news
Peacock and HBO max additions will be child's play when ROKU starts to promote their expansion into China, India and the EU. ROKU is volatile but the faithful will be rewarded.
ranchag04
AG
MGNI showed some strength the last few days....if market cooperates hopefully we are headed for a run.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Another 2% week this week. Happy weekend, all.
Engine10
AG
WKHS +30% this week. Gotta cool off sometime but if they win the USPS deal later this year (or even part of it) it's gonna be another rocket ride
tam2002
AG
DKNG and ONTX are my biggest holdings so this week was incredible
MaroonDynasty
Put CBAY on the watchlist for next week boys, if it can get a clean break above $7 with a MACD cross, it could run to $9.50-$10.

Thoughts? Im still pretty new to this. Setup seems decent to me and with the float we know it can run quick.

Edit: Nice green candle on the daily as well.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Engine10 said:

WKHS +30% this week. Gotta cool off sometime but if they win the USPS deal later this year (or even part of it) it's gonna be another rocket ride

I'm holding quite a bit here but my concern is the USPS deal not coming through and wondering how much of that optimism is priced in? I've seen it said this is a $100pps IF the USPS deal comes through, but I haven't seen people mention where it lands IF that USPS deal doesn't come through.
oldarmy1
AG
Everyone cracks me up shading my $0.40 mark to profit take.

We hit $0.3980
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

Everyone cracks me up shading my $0.40 mark to profit take.

We hit $0.3980
Today was for sure profit day on this one and don't mind paying the taxes at all. Gladly do it again. Rinse and repeat hopefully.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
ranchag04 said:

MGNI showed some strength the last few days....if market cooperates hopefully we are headed for a run.
Hoping she holds next week and sails ahead.

FJ43
MARA is like watching paint dry. Struggling what to do on this one. Feels vulnerable to a slow decline.

Aggie_2463
AG
FJ43 said:

MARA is like watching paint dry. Struggling what to do on this one. Feels vulnerable to a slow decline.

Throw QD in that category
Jet Black
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Engine10 said:

I'm holding quite a bit here but my concern is the USPS deal not coming through and wondering how much of that optimism is priced in? I've seen it said this is a $100pps IF the USPS deal comes through, but I haven't seen people mention where it lands IF that USPS deal doesn't come through.

How far does it drop if they don't get the govt contract?
aggiedaniel06
AG
So what that plot represents is the net gamma exposure of the dealers, and as I've said before, those high gamma nodes act as a magnet or leash on price.

The reason for this is that, when dealers have a high gamma exposure, if price goes way below the strike, they start buying the underlying to keep their hedged neutral position the same, and vice versa. So price tends to always revert back to it.

The opposite is true for negative gamma exposure. If dealer held gamma is extremely negative like in the QQQ plot, as price falls below those strikes, they sell the underlying to stay hedged the same amount, thereby further exacerbating the selling.

Since today was was OPEX, a large amount of dealer gamma will fall off and hence the impact of dealer gamma exposure on price is going to be much less for the next week.
Ragoo
AG
So why did TSLA fall $8 from the magnate in the last 10 minutes? Closing positions?
aggiedaniel06
AG
Could be. Last 10 minutes on a Friday of OPEX week is a lot of noise. TSLA official AH close price is 448.25. That's very close.

I opened a 10 wide 450c butterfly at 1pm CST for $1.5 and closed it at 2:30 for $6. Play made purely on gamma exposure.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ragoo said:

So why did TSLA fall $8 from the magnate in the last 10 minutes? Closing positions?

The stock Gods wanted to reward my 435/440/445 fly. It's like they felt obligated to buy me dinner considering what they did to me the rest of this day week.
First Page Last Page
Page 2194 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.