Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,955 Views | 231658 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by sts7049
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Engine10 said:

SPAQ handle forming...

Dan Scott
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Dan Scott said:

Last time we had a gap down inverted hammer was November 22, 2018. We gapped and ran the following day. It's been a nice range from 3330 to 3420 past few days. Bottom of range holding again, but if it breaks it's gonna be ugly
I feel like things are being held in check today. Every time something wants to move on my screen something comes in to sell it back down. It's the definition of sideways.
Super nerdy of me but, these trading days are as exciting as a big sports game to me watching the Bulls vs. Bears
FJ43
Totally agree. Personally I have had a lot of fun the past number of trading days. Between following this board, asking myself the why someone is recommending something, victories and defeats it has been fun.

I need to learn my exits better. Left some on the table the past day or two.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
I was stupid today, but I'll ride this horse into the night.

Bought the SLV dip, bought AAPL 112.5c for tomorrow, bought AMZN 3100c which converted to 3060c's for tomorow, bought QQQ 268c for next week.

Ride or die. Hope it's not the latter.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Rice and Fries
topher06 said:

Disappointed in the WMT delivery. Got an email about 30 minutes before indicating 4 out of 8 items were out of stock (paper towels, toilet paper, lump charcoal and an insecticide). Delivery in an unmarked Honda (wasting free advertising). They clearly still have some major kinks to work out to even start touching Amazon. On the bright side - free 30 day trial (you get 15 extra days for telling them how many people live in your house after sign up).

Have some WMT calls after Ranger's prediction that are about 95% free right now, but probably won't be buying more based on that experience.
Every time I shop at Walmart, I am reminded why I don't shop at Walmart.
Brewmaster
AG
Dan Scott said:

Last time we had a gap down inverted hammer was November 22, 2018. We gapped and ran the following day. It's been a nice range from 3330 to 3420 past few days. Bottom of range holding again, but if it breaks it's gonna be ugly
yep, DXY and VIX want blood. UVXY and VXX not following VIX, smells quite fishy... eventually VXX tricks won't work.
Brewmaster
AG
You're braver than me! grab a hedge if you don't have one.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

You're braver dumber than me! grab a hedge if you don't have one.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Dan Scott
AG
SPY Puts a lot more expensive than Calls. 330 puts are .75 and 340 calls .30. At the money, puts about $1 more than calls.
TecRecAg
AG
My play account finished at $0.00 +/- today. Don't think that'll ever happen again.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TecRecAg said:

My play account finished at $0.00 +/- today. Don't think that'll ever happen again.
Is that you, Mr. Powell?
topher06
Rice and Fries said:

topher06 said:

Disappointed in the WMT delivery. Got an email about 30 minutes before indicating 4 out of 8 items were out of stock (paper towels, toilet paper, lump charcoal and an insecticide). Delivery in an unmarked Honda (wasting free advertising). They clearly still have some major kinks to work out to even start touching Amazon. On the bright side - free 30 day trial (you get 15 extra days for telling them how many people live in your house after sign up).

Have some WMT calls after Ranger's prediction that are about 95% free right now, but probably won't be buying more based on that experience.
I agree that I won't actually go in the store. However, they're one of the only companies that might be able to touch Amazon and if their ideas can be executed that could be a major investment opportunity. Unfortunately, my single anecdote indicates they won't be able to execute.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
TecRecAg said:

Well, if it wasn't you, who took my money then?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I ordered 8 items this weekend on walmart.com and have received all 8 of them. Maybe your obscure replacement parts for a sex robot are difficult to keep in stock? For my order I compared prices to amazon before buying and they were each more than 10% less than comparable Amazon products.

They're several steps ahead of other companies when it comes to online delivery, but I agree they still have ground to make up when it comes to rivaling Amazon. Their search sorts and filters weren't quite as easy to find what I wanted. Also having Amazon prime provide free video selection for subscribers will likely keep some people their instead of switching even once Walmart catches them in terms of process.
topher06
Bob Knights Liver said:

I ordered 8 items this weekend on walmart.com and have received all 8 of them. Maybe your obscure replacement parts for a sex robot are difficult to keep in stock? For my order I compared prices to amazon before buying and they were each more than 10% less than comparable Amazon products.

They're several steps ahead of other companies when it comes to online delivery, but I agree they still have ground to make up when it comes to rivaling Amazon. Their search sorts and filters weren't quite as easy to find what I wanted. Also having Amazon prime provide free video selection for subscribers will likely keep some people their instead of switching even once Walmart catches them in terms of process.
They are beating Amazon on pricing in many cases, that's true (I'm not very price sensitive, but I was doing this order to compare against Amazon so I also price compared). Most important to me though is getting toilet paper reliably as I stock up for the next wave of COVID-19.
FJ43
Is it my imagination or have there been large volume spikes at the close the past 3 days on MGNI?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Cartographer
Not your imagination. I have seen the same thing.
FJ43
panduh bear said:

Who and why is the question.

fooz
topher06 said:

We switched over to Target (via Shipt). Wife is much more happier with them. She likes that the shoppers text her with other options when something is not available.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

panduh bear said:

Who and why is the question.
I assumed that was OA cleaning out the change holders in his fleet - one vehicle each afternoon.
Rice and Fries
fooz said:

topher06 said:

We switched over to Target (via Shipt). Wife is much more happier with them. She likes that the shoppers text her with other options when something is not available.
This has been my experience, to the detriment of my wallet. It's either TGT or AMZN at our house
texagbeliever
Private company.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

You're braver dumber than me! grab a hedge if you don't have one.

I don't know about that. I Yolo'd part of my account last week after winning big on puts...still working my way back to where I was. I also need to play less weeklies (or do so with spreads), the premium burn is intense.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought SPY 336Cs with a 10/2 expiration for morning gap play tomorrow. Will cut loose tomorrow regardless.

Other things:

• AAPL 110C
  • TSLA 400C
  • TSLA 450/475/500 fly - this will be a loss

Goal is to be mostly flat tomorrow afternoon
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I bought SPY 336Cs with a 10/2 expiration for morning gap play tomorrow. Will cut loose tomorrow regardless.

Other things:

• AAPL 110C
  • TSLA 400C

looks like we will trend up to/near the 50EMA on the hourly chart 337 and change. See if that line is rejected or crossed. The 8 is trying to cross the 21. If both happen we could move back to 339 and the 200ema. Will be interesting to watch. Hope you get the 336 and I get a pull back to 335 close.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Other things:

• AAPL 110C
  • TSLA 400C

looks like we will trend up to/near the 50EMA on the hourly chart 337 and change. See if that line is rejected or crossed. The 8 is trying to cross the 21. If both happen we could move back to 339 and the 200ema. Will be interesting to watch. Hope you get the 336 and I get a pull back to 335 close.
all of you are onto something with the bounce back tomorrow (or at least a bounce up then sell off). 50ema at 337 you say?
here I present to you all a box consolidation on the 30 minute. Top of it is 336.60 and the bottom is around 333.50. Futures are already trending higher too...

I'm just sitting on CAT calls (insert joke here) and a couple hedges at the moment, but will certainly daytrade something. May also add an OSTK call spread for next week (has really been pinned this week and consolidating nicely for a while).

Baby Billy
AG
Rice and Fries said:

topher06 said:

I try not to be seen anywhere near the Walmart crowd.
topher06
BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

Other things:

• AAPL 110C
  • TSLA 400C

all of you are onto something with the bounce back tomorrow (or at least a bounce up then sell off). 50ema at 337 you say?
here I present to you all a box consolidation on the 30 minute. Top of it is 336.60 and the bottom is around 333.50. Futures are already trending higher too...

I'm just sitting on CAT calls (insert joke here) and a couple hedges at the moment, but will certainly daytrade something. May also add an OSTK call spread for next week (has really been pinned this week and consolidating nicely for a while).

Futures dropping now
ProgN
topher06 said:

BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

Other things:

• AAPL 110C
  • TSLA 400C

Futures dropping now
Futures don't mean dick at this time of night.
topher06
Prognightmare said:

topher06 said:

BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

Other things:

• AAPL 110C
  • TSLA 400C

Futures dropping now
Futures don't mean dick at this time of night.
I'm not giving up a reverse jinx
Brewmaster
AG
yep and just playing probability (and being box / range bound), good chance of at least a little pop tomorrow.
Brewmaster
AG
LOL, love this...

59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

"Whilst" ?

Sounds like the pints are going down pretty easily.
Prog bat signal test = success.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
59 South
AG
BREwmaster said:

nice chart 59... although you could also argue it's a big bear flag that started on Sept 3rd, then broke down overnight (gapped down lower today).
Well yea Brew, that's the beauty of 'technical' analysis. Never certain and always in doubt until it happens and then it's too late.

We'll see which one plays out. Pretty clear range though now 333 - 342.50... whichever way she breaks should equal a big move.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
First Page Last Page
Page 2186 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.