Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,051,787 Views | 231669 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Hunter_812
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

AMZN 2990, what we doing there?
Lotto'd with 3100C tomorrow.
you think a rebound?
TecRecAg
AG
The whole 401k's worth?
McInnis 03
AG
That check won't be in for a few days thankfully
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
I think I've lost money in worse ways than Amazon reclaiming a 50day ma
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
what 59 said... I'd sell CC's on WKHS, SPAQ, MBIO, CWH?

and long term hold names like DIS, AMD, OSTK (big names with room to run or still held down from covid).

I'd also hedge or set stops, I don't trust this market. I'd be happy if we chopped in the 3200's til election (like Carter mentioned), we shall see.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Serious question for y'all.

I'm rolling over an old 401K with a significant sum of money into a Traditional IRA so I can have better control. Consider this a poll......

I'm 39 years old. What would some of your allocations be. Retirement style, not aggressive shoot the moon style. Don't YOLO TSLA me.

I was thinking of YOLO TSLA calls........
Your growth with respect to identifying and capitalizing on opportunities over the past 6 months has been more exponential than the bull**** covid fears.

You will outperform any mutual funds and you'd be doing yourself a disservice by parking your money in them. You'll keep learning and gaining more experience with each trade and time.

Manage your funds with what I call measured aggressiveness, no YOLO crap and you'll be handsomely rewarded.

JMO
oldarmy1
AG
PTON looks to be going to really run
ProgN
59 South said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm rolling over an old 401K with a significant sum of money into a Traditional IRA so I can have better control. Consider this a poll......

I'm 39 years old. What would some of your allocations be. Retirement style, not aggressive shoot the moon style. Don't YOLO TSLA me.

Also 39. I have brokerage link through both my current and old 401k's so I can manage. Also have a Roth IRA.

I have about 35% of retirement in mutual funds (S&P + blue chip) and that's where maxed 401k contributions and matching is going every 2 weeks. That 35% was over 50% before I started actively managing, and I have made a lot of mistakes so I bet you will end up being happy with this decision in the long run.

I currently own the following single stocks in retirement accounts (not a recommendation buy now except for CWH):

ROKU
NIO
SQ
JD
AMD
CWH

I came up with a plan before doing this where I had half, single and double positions based on conviction. Luckily ROKU, NIO and JD were my double convictions. Not exactly science but single position was about 5%.
Oh yeah, well how's that British accent coming along with a slight Texan drawl.
Brewmaster
AG
CAT with a moonshot here! had great strength from yesterday to today. I banked 9/18's this morning and rolled into next week 152.50's and a spread...staying small though, I don't trust this tape.

DXY really started to run last night and now of course it's suppressed again this morning. Fishy stuff going on.
59 South
AG
Ha, I didn't have my afternoon tea with milk today so no daily progress. I am going out for dinner and pints in a bit so that should get it going.

PS - couldn't agree more with your assessment on actively managing retirement. Spot on mate!
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
59 South
AG
For you active and YOLOers, look for SPY to close this gap up at 338.52 and then enter weekly puts.

McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

Your growth with respect to identifying and capitalizing on opportunities over the past 6 months has been more exponential than the bull**** covid fears.

You will outperform any mutual funds and you'd be doing yourself a disservice by parking your money in them. You'll keep learning and gaining more experience with each trade and time.

Manage your funds with what I call measured aggressiveness, no YOLO crap and you'll be handsomely rewarded.

JMO
Love your optimism but my trading account would show you with true conviction that you're big time wrong. Hence why in my retirement account of merit I'll be needing to buy/hold as that had me doing far better.

Until the trading account actually prospers I won't be taking any of the same stances in the traditional IRA.

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
bullish engulfing now on CAT! I might open another spread on any pullback
Harkrider 93
AG
NRD09 said:

Since it's tax deferred you might put some mlp pipeline companies in there.
I am pretty sure the MLPs create a tax in an IRA.

I do know they are more tax efficient than the normal stock, so usually better in a taxable account.
59 South
AG
It's days like today when I remind myself that I talked my self out of buying 5,000 shares of WKHS when it was under $2 a few months ago.

WoMD
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

JMO
Love your optimism but my trading account would show you with true conviction that you're big time wrong. Hence why in my retirement account of merit I'll be needing to buy/hold as that had me doing far better.

Until the trading account actually prospers I won't be taking any of the same stances in the traditional IRA.

Same here. Of course, that's almost completely because the bios and goco are dragging everything down, so that could reverse in the future. Maybe.
Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

JMO

Smart man.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

NRD09 said:

I do know they are more tax efficient than the normal stock, so usually better in a taxable account.
Could you explain this? I just know that turbotax wants you to upload and do additional stuff with the K-whatever forms in a taxable account, but it doesn't ask you about them in tax-deferred accounts
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Flies I purchased at the open this morning with tomorrow and Sept 25 expiration dates

AgCPA95
AG
NRD09 said:

Harkrider 93 said:

NRD09 said:

Could you explain this? I just know that turbotax wants you to upload and do additional stuff with the K-whatever forms in a taxable account, but it doesn't ask you about them in tax-deferred accounts
I'm a CPA, but not a tax CPA so this is not tax advice so consult you tax professional for your situation.

MLPs can create Unrelated Business Taxable Income (UBTI) in an IRA and once it hits $1,000 in a tax year, you will be subject to immediate income tax in your IRA on these earnings.
McInnis 03
AG
AMZN range bound this morning. 3015 upper limit.

B&I Key:
Engine10
AG
This is a pretty micro question but I'm curious if someone has an opinion: Do heavy/premium sports days (First NFL Sunday, NBA finals, high volume of games) drive price at all for Gambling stocks?

I imagine the major rips are on states approving the platform, but wonder if that opinion has validity.

Will do a little chart research on correlation later on
Running with the Bulls
CHNG volume spike!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
wow interesting stuff, thanks guys. I probably have never gotten 1k+ in dividends in an IRA-held MLP yet and that's why turbotax didn't ask for anything additional.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AMZN range bound this morning. 3015 upper limit.
if AMZN builds below 2980 could be very problematic. very.

B&I Key:
AgsnFly
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Unless you just want one account to manage, you might consider the Rollover IRA, which would preserve the option of rolling it back into a 401k in the future.
McInnis 03
AG
AgsnFly said:

McInnis 03 said:

Unless you just want one account to manage, you might consider the Rollover IRA, which would preserve the option of rolling it back into a 401k in the future.
Correction, this is what I did open, a "rollover IRA"

B&I Key:
SpeedyAg90
AG
So DXY and SPY both down ?
MaroonDynasty
GOCO with some nice green bars

Edit: Eating all the selling pressure right now
Jet Black
Any thoughts on FEAC or LCA?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Today if QQQ touches 266 again I'm buying and I don't care what any of the other indicators say.
Mother trucker. That 266.4 ping right before open was IT.
267.25 got hit and it ran up again

B&I Key:
Irish 2.0
HOG is oversold. I'm in the 10/2 25.5C. Had good flow and volume to them today.
FJ43
MaroonDynasty said:

GOCO with some nice green bars

Edit: Eating all the selling pressure right now
Announced this morning they are presenting at the Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference tomorrow. I traded a little early on the run up swing and missed some profit. Was just a swing trade for me.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

jtmoney03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AgsnFly said:

McInnis 03 said:

Correction, this is what I did open, a "rollover IRA"

I just did the same thing with an old 401k. I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I just happened to call 8/31 and scheduled a same day move/trade to a Money Market fund at Wells to sit there for a day and eliminate volatility while they processed the distribution. That distribution happened 9/2 end of day. It just so happens that was when the markets were at their highest point ever. And people say you can't time the markets!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
What are you guys doing on MARA? Its back under $2 again. Accumulating more or is there downside involved here?
First Page Last Page
Page 2184 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.