Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,055,526 Views | 231693 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
pacecar02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CreakinDeacon said:

Ragoo said:

CreakinDeacon said:

Ragoo said:

Slow your roll Tesla
It finished over a massive pivot. TSLA could see the $475s if the market holds
good news is I can flip my butterfly into a call vertical For just a little bit more premium.

A move thru the HOD of today sets it up to run
im already in a call vertical 450 460 due next week, rolled it out when it started to tank a few weeks ago, I'm hoping to get out of it unscathed

edit: Battery day and S&P listing are still on the horizon
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/palantir-discloses-diluted-share-count-suggesting-higher-valuation.html

I've been reading up on Palantir and this stock is really starting to peak my interest. I still have more research to do and I'm not buying when it goes public, but you might want to do your own DD and put it on your radar. JMO
zag213004
AG
cjo03 said:

Champ Bailey said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Something weird happened to my TOS, hold on, screen shot coming, never seen this before.......

Anyone ever seen a maroon volume bar before????

From experience, it means a 4th quarter meltdown is imminent.

goodness that made me chuckle - and cry a little bit.

Thundergon
McInnis: How do you like using the Squeeze and TTM Wave indicator? Do you mostly use it for intraday setups or swings?
McInnis 03
AG
Thundergon said:

McInnis: How do you like using the Squeeze and TTM Wave indicator? Do you mostly use it for intraday setups or swings?

I think the squeeze is a good indicator. Anything that uses a combination of other indicators is strong for me. The wave isn't really necessary, if you can read a 200dma and a 21 dma its essentially the same as the wave imo

I use the squeeze for daily and swing setups. 5min, 10min, 15 min for day trades, 1D, 2D, 1W, etc for swings
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Thundergon
Thank you, sir. Appreciate the input (and entertainment) you bring to this board.
McInnis 03
AG
Just wait until I start charging admission!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

If we only ask your second person do we get half off?
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

If we only ask your second person do we get half off?

What's a punchline without the setup?
thirdcoast
AG
gougler08
AG
Has anyone tracked to see if trigger or walrus (generally bear Elliot wave) has been more accurate?
Brewmaster
AG
gougler08 said:

Has anyone tracked to see if trigger or walrus (generally bear Elliot wave) has been more accurate?
I don't have an exact W-L on their predictions, but it seems every time they've predicted something, they've had to change their prediction and release a new one. Walrus did call the drop in March though. I've quit paying attention to it honestly.
texagbeliever
Some TSLA stats [data Jul 1st to today]:
  • 92% of the time the day's high is higher than the previous day's close (56% > $10, 31% > $20)
  • 73% of the time the day's low is lower than the previous day's close [edit to flip wording]
  • 75% of the time TSLA opens up above previous day's close
  • 42% of the time TSLA closes above the open for that day (23% > $10, 13% > $20)

Working on an excel tool to analyze a stocks behavioral patterns. Any suggestions on things to look at, i'm all ears. Also i can pull in data for any stock from Fidelity so it is adjustable [right now 65 min & daily]

Ragoo
AG
texagbeliever said:

• 92% of the time the day's high is higher than the previous day's close (56% > $10, 31% > $20)
  • 27% of the time the day's low is higher than the previous day's close
  • 42% of the time TSLA closes above the open for that day (23% > $10, 13% > $20)

Working on an excel tool to analyze a stocks behavioral patterns. Any suggestions on things to look at, i'm all ears. Also i can pull in data for any stock from Fidelity so it is adjustable [right now 65 min & daily]

so when it sells it sells hard?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA has been on an incredible tear recently. Would it make sense to normalize some of these statistics by that days delta of the 9ema? If the goal is to understand intra-day characteristics by comparing highs, lows, or closed to yesterday or the open, having some way to remove the longer-term trend from the analysis makes sense.
Bretton Gekko
You need a lot more data to find reliable probabilities. As many years as you can get. And, need to normalize the projections by % move, or as mentioned above delta % distance from some MA to introduce trend
thirdcoast
AG
59 South
AG
CWH - the cat is out of the bag. Any pull backs over the next few days and weeks will be buyable...should've bought more under 30.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Rice and Fries
AMD drop incoming?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-15/sony-is-said-to-cut-ps5-forecast-by-4-million-due-to-chip-woes
cgh1999
AG
CX!! Up 6.6% to $4.26 in pre-market! Those $1 calls I bought are looking mighty fine!!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
59 South said:

CWH - the cat is out of the bag. Any pull backs over the next few days and weeks will be buyable...should've bought more under 30.

I bought back in on 4 contracts yesterday. Twas good timing.
txaggie_08
AG
59 South said:

Happy I picked this up under $30 a couple weeks ago
Dr. Horrible
I sold out of some cwh40c918 last week because I didn't think it would get back close to there in time. I was wrong.
gougler08
AG
cgh1999 said:

CX!! Up 6.6% to $4.26 in pre-market! Those $1 calls I bought are looking mighty fine!!

Holy **** I'm positive on my holdings for the first time in a long ass time
McInnis 03
AG
Marcus bought so much CWH the last few weeks, I can't imagine he has much disposable income at this point. He had said like 98% of his worth was already in cwh prior to these new buys

B&I Key:
bigbass1170
AG
Oof I sold off the CWH 9/18 contracts I was holding yesterday.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Rice and Fries said:

AMD drop incoming?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-15/sony-is-said-to-cut-ps5-forecast-by-4-million-due-to-chip-woes

Doubt it. Gaming is their lowest margin products. I wouldn't be surprised if this frees up room to run higher cost products.
Fireman
AG
texagbeliever said:

• 73% of the time the day's low is lower than the previous day's close [edit to flip wording]

You might look at how frequently the low of the day for TSLA occurs in the middle of the day between 11am and 1pm CST. Narrative is that TSLA starts off hot every morning, fades into lunch and then accelerates again into the close.
McInnis 03
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Thoughts on JD?

Just hit an alert I set at the 38.2% fib, it hit and bounced down......it if it breaks 78.43 it's got a clear path to 80

B&I Key:
J.P. 03
AG
Been a few pages since anyone uttered the word "MARA" on here, so I guess I will bring up the fact that it popped its head back above $2 this morning. Is it finally happening??!?
Phat32
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Been a few pages since anyone uttered the word "MARA" on here, so I guess I will bring up the fact that it popped its head back above $2 this morning. Is it finally happening??!?
Please Jeebus
BrokeAssAggie
I would like to see it pop above $4
oldarmy1
AG
$342 achieved on SPY and I'm out of all SPY calls. Retesting the last 3 day resistance above $342.30 area but $342 was my mark set.
Fireman
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

I would like to see it pop above $4
We need all of our resident whales to go buy at least one bitcoin for all their children and grandchildren. What a fun legacy to pass along to your family.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Cwh pretty hard pullback here. Oct 38c at $2.75
Thoughts on that? Could be in the money by today if it turns around.
First Page Last Page
Page 2172 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.