Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,057,262 Views | 231701 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Bretton Gekko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunno if anyone here trades futures, but look for us to flirt with Friday's low sometime between Sunday open and Tuesday close. High odds gap down situation between Sunday-Tuesday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am willing to admit I don't have the skills to be great at futures. I could probably survive on ES or NQ, but would get my rear kicked on metals, bonds, and commodities.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am willing to admit I don't have the skills to be great at futures. I could probably survive on ES or NQ, but would get my rear kicked on metals, bonds, and commodities.

I dont do them either
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I retired from commodities trading after I mopped the floor with the kids table in a mean game of Pit at one of my parents' work parties when I was 10. I cannot improve on perfection.
Brewmaster
AG
Bretton Gekko said:

Dunno if anyone here trades futures, but look for us to flirt with Friday's low sometime between Sunday open and Tuesday close. High odds gap down situation between Sunday-Tuesday.
Looks like futures be flirting already! I hope we get an exact repeat of Friday on Tuesday (melt up pre-market, then dump mid morning). If volatility looks jumpy as well, I will play puts again! QQQ seems to have solid support at 272, but if that failed it could see 256.

We're not out of the woods yet.
topher06
I'm hoping it goes up and then goes up more mid morning.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
futures without the cash session doesn't mean as much. Still, quite the ramp since 3AM.
TheCellarDoor
AG
https://t.co/qDkcZx1O5l

Interesting read on the run up in tech and the guy who helped drive it with the options flurry. This is still really going on though so the question is what happens next?
Brewmaster
AG
topher06 said:

I'm hoping it goes up and then goes up more mid morning.
good luck to you sir. I'll be just as happy to go with calls if we get out of this trend. I'm not rooting for the markets to tank, but plenty of indicators are looking ugly.
GreasenUSA
AG
Qudian (NYSE:QD): Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.02 beats by $0.22; GAAP EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.31.

Revenue of $165.2M (-47.4% Y/Y) beats by $63.2M.

Press Release

Earnings Call Transcript

Spaceship
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Qudian (NYSE:QD): Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.02 beats by $0.22; GAAP EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.31.

Press Release

Earnings Call Transcript

Seems pretty good, no?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
GreasenUSA said:

Press Release

Earnings Call Transcript

ProgN
JAggie2007
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Press Release

Earnings Call Transcript

I finally dumped it along with just about everything else I had so now seems like as good a time as any for it to finally rip. But if its like anyting else lately that destroys earnings it will fall for some reason.
azul_rain
i dont want to get political on here, that being said how will the markets play out in this upcoming election ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Pignorant
AG
hedge said:

i dont want to get political on here, that being said how will the markets play out in this upcoming election ?

OA1 has been buying Jan SPXS $8 calls as there could be a lot of volatility around November.
Brewmaster
AG
hedge said:

what pignorant said, plus you can play volatility via vxx calls if this trend continues -- probably could even flip them weekly and roll to the next week. Buy them when vix is low and spy is ripping, then sell on a spy down day, rinse and repeat. Hold some through the weekend if you need a hedge for Monday premarket.

I read this elsewhere, but some believe there are 2 factions of big money, 1 that wants Trump and markets to the moon, the other faction that wants to dump it and blame it on him. I don't think it will matter honestly, if we don't moon first, when he gets reelected we will 4000!

FJ43
JAggie2007 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Press Release

Earnings Call Transcript

I finally dumped it along with just about everything else I had so now seems like as good a time as any for it to finally rip. But if its like anyting else lately that destroys earnings it will fall for some reason.
About right. I exit at about even late last week after holding for some time. Perfectly timed on my part to miss the upside. Geez....it'll probably rip off a 30+% gain in a day now.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gougler08
AG

futures without the cash session doesn't mean as much. Still, quite the ramp since 3AM.

Bright green right now, will be interesting to see where we wake up tomorrow
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
My hypothesis is we will be range bound between 3450 and 3350 until a direction is decided.
gougler08
AG

My hypothesis is we will be range bound between 3450 and 3350 until a direction is decided.

Yeah it feels like a sideways week to me
topher06
I just assume anyone who isn't oa1 or ranger is just presenting a guess as something they've studied.
Carlo4
AG
topher06 said:

I just assume anyone who isn't oa1 or ranger is just presenting a guess as something they've studied.

Guess?!? It ain't no guess. It's how it's gonna be!

Carlo4
AG
Nasdaq futures down 2%
59 South
AG
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
59 South
AG

Bretton Gekko
That didn't play out quite as expected. The 40pt dump in first few mins of futures open Sunday took the sell progs out quick but still gonna end up with a little gap down.
59 South
AG

Funny drama in CWH in the past week. JPM analyst had the share count wrong in their last note, Cohodes caught it and called them out, and now today JPM admits mistake and upgrades. Fascinating.

59 South
AG
Bretton Gekko said:

That didn't play out quite as expected. The 40pt dump in first few mins of futures open Sunday took the sell progs out quick but still gonna end up with a little gap down.
You're way more versed in the past data and probabilities so curious what you're seeing in the tea leaves. It seems like a red open with V bottom reversal with volume stacks the odds with the bullish continuation short/medium term vs a gap up and fade before a double bottom retest. Not sure if I'm making any sense here...

ProgN
ProgN
General Motors takes 11% stake and $2 billion in equity in electric truck maker Nikola

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/08/general-motors-takes-11percent-stake-and-2-billion-in-equity-in-electric-truck-maker-nikola-.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
UpstateAg
AG
That's interesting....
Carlo4
AG
UpstateAg said:

That's interesting....

And a 50% jump last 10 min
Rice and Fries
NASDAQ down 2%.

10YR UST got to 74, before dropping to 68.

DIS upgraded to buy. Hopefully we can get out of these calls in the green.
texagbeliever
TSLA is down 15% pre market. If it isn't on news i think i might try to scalp some higher strike calls that end this week. My gut says hitting 400 is way higher than hitting 300. Thoughts?

*disclaimer: i have been day trading options for 3 months
First Page Last Page
Page 2148 of 6621

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.