Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,530 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BREwmaster said:

some food for thought on volatility and the drop thus far. I have 331.70 as next fib level down

For us laypeople you're thinking there's a bit more pullback ahead before we go north again?
Boat Shoes
AG
SBUX seems to be showing some relative strength through all this.
McInnis 03
AG
Boat Shoes said:

SBUX seems to be showing some relative strength through all this.
When people get their asses kicked in teh market they soften the blow with a mocha cookie crumble frappucino
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
AgEng06
AG
That's... oddly specific.
59 South
AG
Had the same thought.

I'm more of a go to the pub instead of Starbucks.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Boat Shoes
AG
59 South said:

Had the same thought.

Well, I did pay for a years worth of Starbucks with my last option play. I'm more of an iced coffee black kind of guy though!
Carlo4
AG
model T on nasdaq already? went to 50% retracement today and now selling off.
FJ43
Meanwhile QD just keeps being QD. Like watching paint dry but on days like these two I guess thats a blessing.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

59 South
AG
I am a big fan of coffee but being 6 hours ahead, booze makes way more sense on bad market days. Great distraction.

Now can you guys do what AOA says and BUY BUY BUY the rest of the day so we can put in some nice reversal candles?

spud1910
AG
Boat Shoes said:

59 South said:

Had the same thought.

Well, I did pay for a years worth of Starbucks with my last option play. I'm more of an iced coffee black kind of guy though!
After yesterday and today, I am more of a tap water kind of guy!
zag213004
AG
FJ43 said:

Meanwhile QD just keeps being QD. Like watching paint dry but on days like these two I guess thats a blessing.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
59 South said:

I am a big fan of coffee but being 6 hours ahead, booze makes way more sense on bad market days. Great distraction.

Now can you guys do what AOA says and BUY BUY BUY the rest of the day so we can put in some nice reversal candles?

Think we've bottomed out?
Ragoo
AG
I followed this morning because I had some work to do.

Sold my SPY 340p @ $3.25. Got stopped out. Only down 50% for the week in my trading account and have cash to reset and begin a new on Tuesday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

59 South said:

no. Tuesday.
gougler08
AG
Even with the massacre the last two days, SUM won't go below the trend line...seems like a strong buy candidate here

FJ43
Ranger222 - What do you think about FEAC at a $12.50 entry point now?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

59 South
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

59 South said:

No way to tell. A good indicator would be if we could recapture and close above yesterday's lows. So SPX ~3428+. If not then 30k's Tuesday prediction is more likely. Also big moves either way usually take at least 3 days to sort themselves out.

Irish 2.0
Damn. What a move from lows. If 20DMA start to gets reclaimed and closes above, I'll flip my outlook. I'm still in a wait and see mindset. Highly doubt I'll put on any positions today. Volume still relatively low
McInnis 03
AG
It's like things in your mouth that I won't say on Texags. SO GOOD.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FJ43 said:

apparently earnings is Monday after close? (chinese markets close I guess?) Don't know if it's true. Could be moment of truth though
McInnis 03
AG
VOLSPD is up, TRIN is down, TICK is residing above zero. Buyers are here, if not at least momentarily.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
TICK +1000

B&I Key:
bigbass1170
AG
Decided to start playing choppiness of spy around 10:45 for around 337. Only went up from there. You're welcome guys.

Also. Need to stop overtrading.
FJ43
NRD09 said:

FJ43 said:

apparently earnings is Monday after close? (chinese markets close I guess?) Don't know if it's true. Could be moment of truth though
If I remember correctly their earnings were supposed to be released about 7-10 days ago. Then that went off the radar and now replaced with tentative 9/7. This one makes me a bit nervous to play the release. Working hard not to click buy at the moment.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
just sold OSTK 12/22 $185 calls for $22/contract. you can't make this **** up.
Jimmy Conway
Assuming one has a portfolio full of "reliable" companies like Microsoft, or Apple is it reasonable to expect companies like that will recover everything they lost or get close to recovering everything they lost within the next 2-3 months? Or do you guys think this was a correction that will take more like 6-12 months to bounce back assuming no other major economic negative indicators?
ProgN
Don't sell them, add more. Those will roar back.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

Yep. Imagine layering in those companies every 5% drop during corona fall. You'd be up 100% or more now.
ProgN
Volume is evaporating so take any movement in stocks or indices with a grain of salt today, up or down. Movements could be profound into the close because of the low volume.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

just sold OSTK 12/22 $185 calls for $22/contract. you can't make this **** up.
for both our sake, I hope those get called out! heck that's a nice win win either way.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

Assuming one has a portfolio full of "reliable" companies like Microsoft, or Apple is it reasonable to expect companies like that will recover everything they lost or get close to recovering everything they lost within the next 2-3 months? Or do you guys think this was a correction that will take more like 6-12 months to bounce back assuming no other major economic negative indicators?
Depends what your strategy is. I wouldn't care if those companies took 12 months to recover.

For example, I bought AAPL two splits ago in 2009 around $100 (7:1, then recent split). Why would I ever sell it or care about short term moves?
Jimmy Conway
Prognightmare said:

Thanks, no I wouldn't sell them. I don't need the money as of right now but will in about 3 months so just trying to plan to see what'll still be there at that point or what to expect. Thanks again.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I dumped the entire premium into OSTKO.
ProgN
BIGC is a day trade candidate this afternoon if you felt like gambling, just look at it today.
Jet Black
A little off topic here, but I'm starting to think that Radio Silent and his buddy are running some kind of scam. Maybe some here already suspected that, I'm a little slow.

Pump, pump, small increase, dump. Friday night cc to get the masses excited again. Repeat.
First Page Last Page
Page 2142 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.