Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,552 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
CPDAggie10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was mentioned a few times today already by some others, but my key indicators are the 21 EMA on the QQQ and SPY.

Today, it looks like we pretty much pulled back on both and are bouncing off those trend lines. If it breaks that support in the coming days, I am looking for more blood...
Brewmaster
AG
4) the start of a minor but very needed correction... like another poster said, June saw a bigger drop than this.

more food for thought. There are no bullish bets coming in on options and we have a 3 day weekend ahead. Vix also has more room to run, which tells me the markets should correct down a bit more. My uneducated guess says 7 to 10% correction...we're only at about 4% so far.

GS also had big dark pool buys and puts in place before this. Big $ always knows before the drop.
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Today was harrowing. Thank you VXX, SPY puts, and Mickey Mouse. F you AMD. I managed to end the day -$300, which is very good all things considered. I played DOCU earnings with a 240C - we'll see what happens in the morning.

I went to mostly cash in my trading account and I will re-evaluate what to do tomorrow.

This does not feel like a blip to me and I think it will be multiple days. I think we hit a near-term top and we trade violently for a while. This doesn't feel like another crash, but who knows.

Just guessing, feels like tomorrow gaps up and then sells off. I don't think the selling is over.
Ragoo
AG
Love you all fam. Hope my spy 340p Can salvage my week.
Jet Black
After the pullback at the beginning of corona, these things don't faze me as much.
gig em 02
I sold my 9/9 spy 356P way too early, but oh well.

If anyone reading this blows up an account this week, don't kill yourself, it's just money. Unfortunately I'm completely serious about that.
McInnis 03
AG
Don't look.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Ragoo
AG
gig em 02 said:

If anyone reading this blows up an account this week, don't kill yourself, it's just money. Unfortunately I'm completely serious about that.
blown up my account a couple of times. That is why I wore out money when I catch a good run of winners.
McInnis 03
AG
Some of these AH selloffs are insane. Aapl 118. Docu 227. AMD 79. PTON 79. Tsla 391.

B&I Key:
khaos288
AG
gig em 02 said:

Yup! Like someone else said. We lost a whole 4-5 days worth of spy. No need to worry about a weeks worth of holding.
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
iluvpoker
McInnis 03 said:

Some of these AH selloffs are insane. Aapl 118. Docu 227. AMD 79. PTON 79. Tsla 391.

I'm ready to buy if we have another 7% decline tomorrow like we had on June 11 or even better a 13% decline like we had on March 16. Hopefully everyone sells tomorrow because they don't want to hold over the long weekend. Let's go big and try to break the record set in October 1987. I love a good sale!
Brewmaster
AG
PN, I owe you an apology (you may end up right).

There's a gap on OSTK back to 64/ 61.94 (and dropping but on low volume selling after hours). It may get there with continued market downside. Futures looking dumpy at the moment too.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Good thing I am 20% cash in my short term trading account.

My long term is screwed however. at only 10% cash.

Oh well. when I moved to go from 30% cash to less I believe I made more than I will lose on it if I sold today. That's the name of the game.
ProgN
No apology necessary brother. I just posted what I think will happen and no one is always right. I take no pleasure if I turn out to be right if anyone on here is long and loses money. I'd rather be wrong and just miss it.
McInnis 03
AG
My only consolation is that payday is tomorrow so the 401k buys at discount this week

B&I Key:
Jet Black
Buy AAPL 9/4 $112.50p

Thoughts?
khaos288
AG
Jet Black said:

Buy AAPL 9/4 $112.50p

Thoughts?

Not bad as far as lottos go. Almost guaranteed sell off into the long weekend. And Apple usually goes as the indices go.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Don't look.

Not even worried, so much can happen between now and close tomorrow. And i have 2 spy 340p that i can gaze lovingly upon if you 'merica hating a-holes turn out to be right. Oh and my spxs calls.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BREwmaster said:

PN, I owe you an apology (you may end up right).

There's a gap on OSTK back to 64/ 61.94 (and dropping but on low volume selling after hours). It may get there with continued market downside. Futures looking dumpy at the moment too.

If i can sell ostk 65p for a decent premium I'll do it without a second thought!
thirdcoast
AG
Anyone following the China news on selling 20% of their US debt holdings?
Ragoo
AG
khaos288 said:

Jet Black said:

Buy AAPL 9/4 $112.50p

Thoughts?

Not bad as far as lottos go. Almost guaranteed sell off into the long weekend. And Apple usually goes as the indices go.
other way around but point stands
tailgatetimer10
AG
Is there any country that can actually pick that up?
Jet Black
khaos288 said:

Jet Black said:

Buy AAPL 9/4 $112.50p

Thoughts?

Thanks
khaos288
AG
Lol you knew what I meant damn it.
corndog04
AG
iluvpoker said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm ready to buy if we have another 7% decline tomorrow like we had on June 11 or even better a 13% decline like we had on March 16. Hopefully everyone sells tomorrow because they don't want to hold over the long weekend. Let's go big and try to break the record set in October 1987. I love a good sale!

Another 7% and we'd finally get back close to the point where I went heavy cash in my retirement accounts :/ I've been kicking myself ever since then waiting for a pullback that never would materialize.

On the bright side, I'm the proud owner of a TSLA 540P and a NVDA 550P both expiring tomorrow. Sold remainder of both early this morning at much lower profit, figured I'd let one of each ride though to end of the week.
gig em 02
McInnis 03 said:

My only consolation is that payday is tomorrow so the 401k buys at discount this week

Speaking of docu, were there any big name earnings that ended their ER day red, but turned Green after their ER were released?

I missed crwd, I would've putted that one so hard
wanderer
Walrus focuses on Elliot Wave (which seems just like drawing a bunch of up/down lines) but he has been pretty accurate the past 6mo.

McInnis 03
AG
posting that today. Balls. He has them

B&I Key:
Jet Black
Can you trade options AH?
Ragoo
AG
No
FattyDelights
So far my butthole got stretched beyond its natural limit this week in the markets. Ugh.
azul_rain
Any good REIT ETF to buy and hold ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
TheCellarDoor
AG
He did call a 5% drop a few days ago and prior said he wasn't posting anything because the setups weren't there. Dude was spot on for several stocks recently (AMD, TSLA and others) so will be interesting to watch.
First Page Last Page
Page 2136 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.