Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,798 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to stop the earnings plays.

Good thing I play them cheap.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Colt98
AG
I bought HD sept 11 290 calls today. It wants 300 in this market.
McInnis 03
AG
Already setting alerts for FB and HD tomorrow. FB could be a hard runner, bull flag break to possible new ATH? Yes please.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Proposition Joe
In the 100 days leading up to an election, only twice since 1980 has the market declined.

2008 (-18.5% - housing market crash) and 2016 (-1.4%).

You've got an incumbent President that absolutely needs people's 401ks to stay afloat, and he has shown he is willing to do whatever is necessary to do so (he'll even tweet "everyone should buy stocks now" if he has to).

The only way I see significant pullback (10%+) before Election Day is if we get some really bad virus news (like, "we're all going to die [again]" type news) or if it becomes obvious in the weeks leading up to the election that Biden will win in a landslide.

I don't see either of those two things happening.

Now on November 4th, all bets are off. This thing could collapse any day after that, no matter who is voted in.

khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I need to stop the earnings plays.

Good thing I play them cheap.

You and me both brother. Down 5+$ per share since I thought "oh well, don't want to miss out if they beat eps, rev, and guidance"
zag213004
AG
Sold covered call on SNAP. SNAP was on fire today and I think it takes a breather.... And if I'm wrong then I'm happy to be called out of shares. I Have a healthy profit target.

Learning as I go
ClutchCityAg

Earlier today they were saying Early NOV, now its late OCT...
Let it ride
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Already setting alerts for FB and HD tomorrow. FB could be a hard runner, bull flag break to possible new ATH? Yes please.
holding plenty of FB overnight, probably too much, but loads of flow on it!

HD looks nice -- cup n high handle-ish on the hourly chart.
02skiag
AG
What do y'all think about RKT for a mid to long hold? They seem pretty confident in continuing to grow.

Edit: I'm not in it at all, but wondering if this little drop is a good entry.
thirdcoast
AG
Today AMC announced opening 70% of theaters this weekend, price went +$7.50, now they just issued 30M shares at $5.99.

Anyone seeing all these offerings as a sign of market rally stalling??
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

holding plenty of FB overnight, probably too much, but loads of flow on it!

HD looks nice -- cup n high handle-ish on the hourly chart.

Thinking of taking a massive gamble on FB in the AH. I've had some good luck with earnings, and I've had some bad luck. Struggling with this decision.
Colt98
AG
Sold all my fb before end of day, really didn't want to. Will look to get back in in the morning. Every afternoon I've been trimming trades, worried that tomorrow will be "the day". It's cost me a bunch of extra profits the last few weeks... It wants to join its tech brothers with a big 10% day, and now that it's taken out 300..... 310+ if the market allows.
ProgN
thirdcoast said:

Today AMC announced opening 70% of theaters this weekend, price went +$7.50, now they just issued 30M shares at $5.99.

Anyone seeing all these offerings as a sign of market rally stalling??
It's a big sign that the company sees their share price is trading at a premium and they're cashing in, so yep.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am in:

• AMD 09/11 90C
  • FB 09/11 302.5C
  • BAC 09/18 27C - this is a lotto for me, will let go to zero most likely
  • OSTK 09/11 65P - short, waiting for theta decay
  • NVDA 09/18 520/530 - locked on this, wait for expiration
  • CRWD 09/04 140/130 bull puts - earnings play
  • RKT 09/04 35/40/45 McFly - earnings play
  • SPY 09/11 355P - don't get me started on this ridiculous **** going on.
  • SLV 11/20 20C - just going to wait
  • VXX 09/11 27C - set a stop at B/E, going to see where we can go with these bad boys
  • ZM 09/18 282.5/287.5 vertical - hilariously in the money, just need to wait
  • ZM 340/350/360 McFly - only bought two, these are dead unless there is a crash
Brewmaster
AG
never enter a trade if it feels like a "massive gamble"...I've learned that the hard way a few times. but if you're talking buying FB commons after hours, I don't see much wrong with that. I'm only in options in it, but it does look very primed to rip.

Maybe though buy half tonight and watch for any dip tomorrow to add the rest. The market also needs to hold to hit the new price targets on it.
Brewmaster
AG
Colt98 said:

Sold all my fb before end of day, really didn't want to. Will look to get back in in the morning. Every afternoon I've been trimming trades, worried that tomorrow will be "the day". It's cost me a bunch of extra profits the last few weeks... It wants to join its tech brothers with a big 10% day, and now that it's taken out 300..... 310+ if the market allows.
probably better risk management than me! agree, this crazy bull run wants it there. hammer to end the daily!

it is quite odd with the market ripping and vix continuing to climb. I will almost definitely go flat or close to it this Friday, but there are a lot of SPY bull bets out to next week fwiw.

Bretton Gekko
Highest VIX value ever at all time highs, and liquidity near record lows.

What could go wrong.

Having said that, I've been long only outside of a few scalps.
Mister Cooper
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am in:

• AMD 09/11 90C
  • FB 09/11 302.5C
  • BAC 09/18 27C - this is a lotto for me, will let go to zero most likely
  • OSTK 09/11 65P - short, waiting for theta decay
  • NVDA 09/18 520/530 - locked on this, wait for expiration
  • CRWD 09/04 140/130 bull puts - earnings play
  • RKT 09/04 35/40/45 McFly - earnings play
  • SPY 09/11 355P - don't get me started on this ridiculous **** going on.
  • SLV 11/20 20C - just going to wait
  • VXX 09/11 27C - set a stop at B/E, going to see where we can go with these bad boys
  • ZM 09/18 282.5/287.5 vertical - hilariously in the money, just need to wait
  • ZM 340/350/360 McFly - only bought two, these are dead unless there is a crash

MaroonDynasty
RKT "preview" of earnings 2 weeks ago caused all of the positive earnings news to be priced in, now that they are saying Q3 is going to be tougher lending wise, the stock is falling.
gig em 02
MaroonDynasty said:

RKT "preview" of earnings 2 weeks ago caused all of the positive earnings news to be priced in, now that they are saying Q3 is going to be tougher lending wise, the stock is falling.

30% unemployment, banks forced to halt evictions by the FEDERAL government, increased cost of refinancing

Is this a sign that the market will start moving in a logical and rational direction???
gig em 02
You'll let us know when this thing is about to turn right?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
gig em 02 said:

You'll let us know when this thing is about to turn right?
In my opinion, what you are seeing now is uptrend exhaustion.
McInnis 03
AG
Daniel bat signal

Can you dumb this down so I can understand it?

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think he is saying that everyone is so bullish that some selling will be required to appropriately prevent market maker upward exposure.
gig em 02
Which reminds me, if quarterly rebalancing is a real thing it may be time to think of ways to take advantage of the runs we just had.
CheladaAg
AG
MaroonDynasty said:

My wife is in the business and says they should have as strong of a qtr as Q2. If they announce a divi soon that should give it an added lift.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Josepi said:

Besides Ripster, who are some other good follows on Twitter? What is OA's handle?

Been meaning to do this awhile....

@stebottaioli - my go-to for Silver input
@dogthetrader - good general Info
@eliteoptions2 - just enough targets to be helpful
@pharmdca - doesn't say a lot, but knows his stuff, second to none on bio?
@cfromhertz - one of my faves
@danshep55 - good price point tips during the day
@breakingmkts - news bot
@w_biltmore85 - good generic info
@stevekavdc - LOVE his simple option flow observations
@reddogt3 - Scott Redler is very accomplished (and he knows it)
@traderstewie - soooo good at charting
@DeItaOne - THE BEST news bot
@psk2329 - great tidbits through the day
@wallstjesus - tons of info, but good enough to keep
@ripster47 - one of the great chartists
@Johnfcarter - not much info, I'm just a fan

Since I don't have page 1 access, I edited my first post on page 2003 (whoop) as a way to refer people these twitter follows
krosch11
AG
I have two friends who are refinancing through them. started the process in early May and still haven't closed due to the volume they have. Not sure what margin is on selling mortgages but they don't lack the business .
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Great idea, wonder if a mod could slip a sticky post in for you to keep up that list
MaroonDynasty
boyz05 said:

MaroonDynasty said:

My wife is in the business and says they should have as strong of a qtr as Q2. If they announce a divi soon that should give it an added lift.
I can agree with that. Still kickin myself for not getting in at 19.
WoMD
gig em 02 said:

MaroonDynasty said:

30% unemployment, banks forced to halt evictions by the FEDERAL government, increased cost of refinancing

Is this a sign that the market will start moving in a logical and rational direction???

All that was built into the market in March.
MaroonDynasty
Im chalking it up to.... because earnings.
Grown Pear
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think he is saying that everyone is so bullish that some selling will be required to appropriately prevent market maker upward exposure.

False, that is a PhD student discussing nuclear physics on a stock market Twitter thread by accident. Right? I mean has to be...
aggies4life
AG
Opinions on WLL

How much higher could it possibly go now that they emerged from bankruptcy
aggiedaniel06
AG
iluvpoker said:

And the melt up continues. Which is why I keep my puts in my back pocket. You can lose a lot of money betting against this fed market.

Last Thursday I posted here a 2-3 day, 1,000-2,000 Dow pullback beginning anywhere from 9/2 to 9/11. The action the last 4 trading sessions has me doing 2 things
1) pushing the start date back to 9/7-9/22
2) increasing the downside to 1,500-3,000

For now continue to enjoy the upside. Not buying any puts this week.
Are you basing this on something specific?
First Page Last Page
Page 2127 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.