Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,158 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
gig em 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McInnis 03 said:

Yes. Don't poop in my cereal.
nah, I think its more a sign that you know what you are doing and make informed decisions
McInnis 03
AG
I feel like I'm finding my niche. It just had to be one of the more intense option plays to get a grip on to find it.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ClutchCityAg
Need some advice... I have two Apple 550 Calls, up 110%. One expires 8/28 and the other expires 9/4.

Should I keep holding both through the split, sell one now, or sell both now?

I should add.. can't afford to exercise them
Let it ride
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
dropped AAPL call fly - 3.5X gain. working on put fly now.
McInnis 03
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Need some advice... I have two Apple 550 Calls, up 110%. One expires 8/28 and the other expires 9/4.

Should I keep holding both through the split, sell one now, or sell both now?

I should add.. can't afford to exercise them
Set stops and walk away?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ProgN

3400, here we go.
iluvpoker
3400 - time to pop or drop.
gig em 02
I'm still at the "pick something at random, watch it go up 800%, get greedy and watch it go to 0" stage. I need to dig into the butterfly more, nothing wrong with nickle and diming your way to oa status!
ClutchCityAg
And then readjust the stops after the split? Probably best for my health haha
Let it ride
fooz
gig em 02 said:

I'm still at the "pick something at random, watch it go up 800%, get greedy and watch it go to 0" stage. I need to dig into the butterfly more, nothing wrong with nickle and diming your way to oa status!
I'm paper trading different option strategies on ToS until I'm comfortable. Until then, I'm in and out of calls with the quickness!
cptthunder
ROKU seems to be just toying with the world right now
McInnis 03
AG
fooz said:

gig em 02 said:

I'm paper trading different option strategies on ToS until I'm comfortable. Until then, I'm in and out of calls with the quickness!
I still do the latter. Case in point? Grabbed Apple 480C this morning at open, $2.50 or soomething. Bailed out high 3's after it pulled back from mid 4's. That freaking call is $18.50 right now.

I'm getting better at having stone hands, especially on flys that have such little risk to them, but one day I'll get a lotto right and be on cloud 9.

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
unloaded put fly. not bad McFly
Thundergon
AMZN might make a move these last 30 minutes. The call premiums have been increasing while the stock moves sideways.
topher06
GOCO is not doing well.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Is there a way to see historical prices for butterfly's? For instance to see what a particular 8/21 TSLA butterfly was worth last as this week and last week advanced? I can chart the 3 calls individually and do the math myself. But who wants to do math?
iluvpoker
Tesla just dropped to 2056
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

unloaded put fly. not bad McFly
We #FlyBros

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
Just went for a 100 SPY Monday $341 Calls. These are the times I'll risk a few thousand to see if a record set Friday results in a launch Monday.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

amzn started to jump on a 5m vol spike when I posted that, but it's still just stuck at 3285. I felt like 3301 was giong to win the day, but seems there's not enough gas.
got a spread or fly idea for amzn? this sucker is going to pop next week.
Love the question, hate that i have no answer. I don't know how to predict measured moves like some of these gurus out there. I'd have to rely on psych numbers. Maybe pin one 50 wide at 3400?

Std fly -
3450/3400/3350 - probably gonna pay $4-$5 for it, probably too rich for my blood.

Broken Wing Fly Bullish Bias
3340p/3400p/3450p You may receive a $2-$4 credit when placing it. You'll be tying up the remainder of ($10 - credit received) in buying power, but if this moves up in any way you'll very quickly start to gain.

I have an order in for the broken wing at $4.20 credit. We'll see if it fills.

B&I Key:
ProgN
You have any concerns regarding your GOCO purchases at $18?
iluvpoker
iluvpoker said:

2039 now
J_Landes89
AG
Anyone been checking out $BIGC ?

Out of Austin.. Just IPO'd recently.. All my finance guys in Texas are sinking their teeth deep into it, buying up shares all month so far..

up 17% today.
Ragoo
AG
iluvpoker said:

iluvpoker said:

2039 now
yeah no **** Riding high and deep ITM all day. Thank goodness I was able to get out for a small hit because it felt like this was sinking fast.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

amzn started to jump on a 5m vol spike when I posted that, but it's still just stuck at 3285. I felt like 3301 was giong to win the day, but seems there's not enough gas.
Love the question, hate that i have no answer. I don't know how to predict measured moves like some of these gurus out there. I'd have to rely on psych numbers. Maybe pin one 50 wide at 3400?

Std fly -
3450/3400/3350 - probably gonna pay $4-$5 for it, probably too rich for my blood.

3340p/3400p/3450p You may receive a $2-$4 credit when placing it. You'll be tying up the remainder of ($10 - credit received) in buying power, but if this moves up in any way you'll very quickly start to gain.

buying the 3340 and 3450 and selling 2 of the 3400?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Nah. I'm getting more assigned on naked Puts expiring today.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

Std fly -

buying the 3340 and 3450 and selling 2 of the 3400?

Yes, puts. Adds risk to downside, but major rewards to up side

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
If I had less sensitivity to $1000 swings this is what the tsla fly from yesterday would be worth (bottom) vs what I sold for yesterday (top)

B&I Key:
ProgN
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

Nah. I'm getting more assigned on naked Puts expiring today.
You'd think those firms with buy ratings would come out and reaffirm their buy ratings. Any positive news would help.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
cptthunder said:

ROKU seems to be just toying with the world right now
stupid roku. now would be the perfect time to sell a 147 put for next week, if a guy had $14,300 laying around
Beerosch
AG
OA, are you still in on QD?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

calls on uco or gush still a good strategy ahead of a hurricane in the gulf (or two)?
grabbed some 33c for next friday for .41-.45, looks like they are still available at .41
and for the mcinnis triple quote...

these are .7 now. and to throw good money after bad I sold some and bought more trvn september 2.5 calls for .15
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
roku with a 6.7M buy into the close

and I'm now the proud owner of 100 shares of enph. I am really bad at the wheel strategy
McInnis 03
AG
WHO'S PLAYING THESE JOKES ON ME?!?!?

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 2069 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.